Audi cars are so less…

• Thread starter alex511
  • 30 comments
Germany
Germany
For me as a German, it’s so confusing that so many cars out of my country are not in the game. GT7 wanted to be the most complete Gran Turismo ever, bla, bla..
But when you look, my most favorite car brand Audi, is with so less cars in the game. GT6 had had so many Audi cars. What happened with them? We Germans very like power estates like RS4 or RS6, and, since GT Sport no-one in game. Do you miss such cars, too?

Last edited:
Lack of a lot of things and this is just one. We need Lotus back, more McLarens, more TVRs, Noble, Bentley, up to date real life GT3 and GT4 cars, some more Formula open cockpit cars, more tracks, more particle effects. This game is a dinosaur and VGT cars are not giving it any relevent feeling at all.

Not an issue exclusive to Audi unfortunately. Most manufacturer lineups are outdated and/or thin because they're filled with several versions of the same base model.
The Ferrari car line up seems quite healthy, comparatively? I'm not the biggest Ferrari fan so it doesn't do much for me.

We don’t know what deal they’ve done with each marque. I mean, the legacy brands from GT1(Aston Martin, Chevy, Dodge, Mitsubishi, Subaru, TVR), these brands are scarce. There should be the Astons from past games. There should be all the Mitsubishi classic cars from past games. There should, at the least, be the same TVRs we had in GT1.

Minus the variations in trim, there are still plenty of different models from those legacy brands, that should be in the game.

For me as a German, it’s so confusing that so many cars out of my country are not in the game. GT7 wanted to be the most complete Gran Turismo ever, bla, bla..
But when you look, my most favorite car brand Audi, is with so less cars in the game. GT6 had had so many Audi cars. What happened with them? We Germans very like power estates like RS4 or RS6, and, since GT Sport no-one in game. Do you miss such cars, too?
I was thinking about this the other day, I loved the rs6 in gt5. There’s actually no estates In the game at all. Would be good to have a few diesel dogs as well such as the 335 d x drive, imagine tuning that. The game as a whole is a massive let down. So much missing.

Last edited:
The rs6 Avant was such a beast in gt5. I used it for so many events. As I progressed I added power and reduced weight, by the end it was my fastest best handling street car. I am a “long roof” fan and would like to see more of them return. Also missing the rs6 sedan, irl I had an A6 with the 2.7 twin turbo and 6 speed manual at the time of gt6, man i miss that car, I did a sedan in game in the same blue.

Because Audi's are probably the most boring cars on the road and horrible for circuit driving.

I can set the scene of driving one.

You walk from the rear of the car past the fake exhausts, walking past the unremarkable exterior and jump into the office like interior.

You accelerate with no skill at all with the automatic gearbox and all wheel drive. You come to a corner, the car feels like it will never slow down because of it's sheer weight. You try to turn but the understeer is so severe that you have to slow down yet further. As you wallow around the mid corner you try to floor the throttle to induce oversteer and get the car turned. Unfortunately the computer kicks in and activates the amount of traction control normally reserved for driving up a snowy Alpine mountain. At the same time the all wheel drive kicks in and instead of the car rotating towards the apex instead it's trying to pull you to the outer reaches of the corner! You slam on the brakes again barely making the corner and feel relieved you've made it through the ordeal.

Because Audi's are probably the most boring cars on the road and horrible for circuit driving.

You walk from the rear of the car past the fake exhausts, walking past the unremarkable exterior and jump into the office like interior.

You accelerate with no skill at all with the automatic gearbox and all wheel drive. You come to a corner, the car feels like it will never slow down because of it's sheer weight. You try to turn but the understeer is so severe that you have to slow down yet further. As you wallow around the mid corner you try to floor the throttle to induce oversteer and get the car turned. Unfortunately the computer kicks in and activates the amount of traction control normally reserved for driving up a snowy Alpine mountain. At the same time the all wheel drive kicks in and instead of the car rotating towards the apex instead it's trying to pull you to the outer reaches of the corner! You slam on the brakes again barely making the corner and feel relieved you've made it through the ordeal.
Never owned an Audi, I guess. Not sure about the new ones but I have owned 5 between 1987 and 2002 model years and your description could not be more out of line with reality. None of mine had any driver aids, and all had 3 pedals. Had a 87 Quattro coupe, 87 4000cs Quattro, mid 1990’s model 90 Quattro, 1997 A4 Quattro 2.8, and the 2002 A6 2.7 6mt. All were a hoot to drive, I used to commute 1 hr each way into the mountains when I was a ski bum working at Killington. No snow or three feet, never late for weather once and my drive in was at 3am before the plows were out.

Last edited:

This reads like you've read articles about various AWD systems and the issues (hello Haldex!) and you've just regurgitated it.

I drive a 2007 A6 Avant, 3.2 liter V6 (naturally aspirated), it's a riot that regularly gets thrown into corners fast with no understeer at all. It has a torsen AWD system, lowered on Bilstein shocks, Pirelli tires, sway bars front and rear. Grippy AF.

The Ferrari car line up seems quite healthy, comparatively? I'm not the biggest Ferrari fan so it doesn't do much for me.
Not to me, and I'm italian. Where's the
-F355 Berlinetta/Challenge
-360 Modena/Challenge Stradale/GTC
-250 Testarossa
-250 California
-250 LM
-512 BB/LM
-F40 LM/Competizione
-F50 GT
-599/599 GTO/599XX/599XX Evo
-FXX/FXX Evoluzione
just to name a few.

And I'm insulted by the Alfa Romeo lineup. They just brought back the 8C Competizione (outdated). In GT6 they had:
-Brera
-147 GTA / 147 Twin Spark
-Giulia Sprint GTA
-GTV 3.0 V6
-TZ3 Stradale

And we never saw:
-Montreal
-GTV6
-Spider QV
-33 Stradale
-Giulia GTA/GTAm
-75/Milano QV

Maserati? PD keeps recycling the GranTurismo S since GT5. The only Maserati they ever had. Not even the GT race car version.
Still no sign of the:
-300S
-Tipo 61 birdcage
-MC12
-A6GC6/53 and Pininfarina Berlinetta

Last edited:
-250 Testarossa
-250 California
-250 LM
-512 BB/LM
-F40 LM/Competizione
-F50 GT
-FXX/FXX K
just to name a few.

I'm also insulted by the Alfa Romeo lineup. They just brought back the 8C Competizione (outdated). In GT6 they had:
-Brera
-Giulia Sprint GTA
-GTV 3.0 V6
-TZ3 Stradale

And we never saw:
-Montreal
-GTV6
-Spider QV
-33 Stradale
-Giulia GTA/GTAm
-75/Milano QV

Maserati? PD keeps recycling the GranTurismo S since GT5. The only Maserati they ever had. Not even the GT race car version.
Still no sign of the:
-300S
-Tipo 61 birdcage
-MC12

I wasn't thrilled about it either. They could at least start letting us choose what type of car we want and the specific brand.

-250 Testarossa
-250 California
-250 LM
-512 BB/LM
-F40 LM/Competizione
-F50 GT
-FXX/FXX K
just to name a few.

I'm also insulted by the Alfa Romeo lineup. They just brought back the 8C Competizione (outdated). In GT6 they had:
-Brera
-Giulia Sprint GTA
-GTV 3.0 V6
-TZ3 Stradale

And we never saw:
-Montreal
-GTV6
-Spider QV
-33 Stradale
-Giulia GTA/GTAm
-75/Milano QV

Still no sign of the:
-300S
-Tipo 61 birdcage
-MC12
I did say comparatively, and compared to Audi and the ones I mentioned it is quite decent with 21 cars. McLaren has less than half that, 2 of which are fake VGT cars, 3 are 650s, 3 McLaren F1s. I added the Longtail to the list myself as the website I copied the list from has it under BMW and in previous GT games it was in BMW if I remember correctly.

Ferrari

McLaren

Audi always felt under represented to me in racing games.

Especially with some of their models from 2010-2019.

There's one specific Audi that hasn't see much if not any light at all, and it's the A8. even it's cousin the VW Phaeton was only in one game AFAIK

Comparatively Ferrari has one of the better lineups, sure, but in terms of the modern/current models they're still missing the 488, 812, 296, SF90 and Roma in terms of road cars and the 488 GT3 and 296 GT3 race cars. The 458 is from 2011!

I made a list a while back of current cars from existing lineups that are missing.

Alfa Romeo Giulia / GTA 2022

Alpine A110 S / GT 2021

Aston Martin DBS 2022
Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2022

Audi e-Tron GT quattro 2022
Audi A3/4/5
Audi TT Coupe 2022
Audi R8 2021

BMW i4 M50
BMW 2 Series Coupe
BMW 4 Series Coupe M50
BMW 3 Series M
BMW M5 Competition

Chevrolet Spark 2022
Chevrolet Camaro 2022
Chevrolet C8 Corvette Stingray 2022

Citroen C3 2021

Dodge Charger 2022
Dodge Challenger 2022

Ferrari 812 GTS
Ferrari 296 GTB
Ferrari SF90 Stradale
Ferrari Roma

Fiat 500X Hybrid
Fiat 124 Spider

Ford Fiesta Hybrid 2022
Ford Focus 2022
Ford Mustang 2022

Honda Jazz EX Style
Honda Civic e:HEV

Jaguar XE 2022
Jaguar XF 2022
Jaguar F-Type Coupe 2022

Lamborghini Huracan Evo 2020
Lamborghini Aventador LP 780-4 Ultimae
Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
Lamborghini Countach LPI 800-4

Lexus ES 2022
Lexux LC 2022

Maserati Ghibli Trofeo
Maserati MC20

Mazda 2 2022
Mazda 3 2022
Mazda 6 2022
Mazda MX5 2022

McLaren GT
McLaren 720S
McLaren 765LT
McLaren Artura
McLaren Senna

Mercedes A-Class Sport
Mercedes CLA Coupe
Mercedes SL Roadster
Mercedes E-Class Coupe

Mini Electric
Mini John Cooper Works

Mitsubishi Mirage

Nissan Micra 2022
Nissan Juke Next-Generation

Pagani Zonda Cinque
Pagani Huayra R

Peugeot E-208
Peugeot 508 Sport Engineered

Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 RS
Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS
Porsche 911 Turbo S
Porsche 911 GT3 2022

Renault Clio 2022

Suzuki Swift Sport 2022

Toyota Corolla Hatchback

TVR Griffith 2023

Volkswagen Golf 8
Volkswagen ID.3
Volkswagen Polo R-Line 2022
..and that was with me being selective and not including models they weren't likely to include. In reality the current real life line ups are far bigger.

Last edited:
All car companies have been neutered.

I am a WRX nut, having owned one. There should be 3 different engine options in the newer years: 2.0, 2.4, and 2.5L.

No mid engine corvette.

No Cadillac's in the game at all:

etc
etc

But I have 10 Toyota 86 race cars!

I can understand, that PD has a big relation to japanese car brands because of japanese nationality.

But that's too offense their sponshorship, when the last updates were mainly japanese cars and often variations to existing models.

GT wants to be a global brand and so they should care for a wider offer in car culture. As the brand Playstation is. Most sells are outside from Japan.

Last edited:
My Audi wishlist includes these cars returning.

R8 '05 (Gr.1)
R8 LMS Ultra '12 (Gr.3)
Quattro '82
S4 '98
TTS Coupe '09

And here are the new models I'd want to see.

E-Tron GT RS
TT RS (Mk3, post-facelift)
R8 (4S, post-facelift)
RS6 Avant '20
RS5 Turbo DTM '19 (Gr.2)

Last edited:
I did say comparatively, and compared to Audi and the ones I mentioned it is quite decent with 21 cars. McLaren has less than half that, 2 of which are fake VGT cars, 3 are 650s, 3 McLaren F1s. I added the Longtail to the list myself as the website I copied the list from has it under BMW and in previous GT games it was in BMW if I remember correctly.

Ferrari​

I get what you're saying. Ferrari has double the cars Audi has.
Plus I don't like the absence of RS4, RS6, old S5....hell I would have even appreciated the newest A3 and the R8 production model.
But are you also taking into account the quality of those cars by Ferrari? For me even if the list is long it doesn't satisfy me. I would have preferred the cars I mentioned instead of those we got.
Some are in the game just because they're expensive. And they're expensive only because of --> real life auction. Not for their performance. For example the classic 250 GTO is not worth 20 mil in-game IMO.
-LaFerrari I had it in GTS. I sold it back then because I didn't like the way it handled
-F430 is too basic and mediocre compared to the supercars of those years (why no Scuderia version instead?). Plus it's recycled from GT5. It's old news. (I drove it in real life BTW and yes it purrs like a kitten)
-F12 Berlinetta was never thrilling to drive for me. I don't like the handling.
-Daytona (365/GTB4) I had it in GTS and didn't like it overall.

That's why I say I would have preferred the other cars I listed in my previous message. For me those old school Ferrari are thrilling to drive (I used them a lot in Forza Motorsport).

-250 GT Berlinetta I don't have it but I'm not hearing any praising for its performance. For that price I prefer the 330P4...which is way more famous and has great performance.
-500 Mondial Pininfarina. Same. I don't have it, I need to check. If one day I decide to spend 4 mil for it.
-F8 Tributo I need to check. I don't have it yet.

On the other hand I was impressed with the Testarossa.
F40, F50, GTO '84, 512 BB, 308 GTB are a must have.
The Dino is a fun little car.
The 458/458 gr.4/458 gr.3 are, among others, from GTS. Nothing new.

Last edited:
If there's one thing I'm not worried about for the GT series, it's old cars making a return or making a new appearance. They are pros at gathering classics. What worries me is why there isn't even at least the new A1 or the current flagship R8. The car list needs to get with the times. The car scene is always changing. But nothing says out of touch like the latest mark in a 2022 car game from an acclaimed manufacturer being over 8 years old.

Als Deutscher kann ich damit leben, dass es nicht so viele Fahrzeuge aus der VAG-Gruppe gibt..... Aber es fehlen auch wichtige und herausragende BMW- und Mercedes-Modelle.. das ist noch viel schlimmer!
Stimmt beide BMW M5 fehlen. Ich habe die Biester geliebt.

True, both BMW M5 are missing. I loved the beasts.

The E30 M3 as DTM Race Car like the Alfa 155 for Gr4.. what kind of Dream.. my ALL Time Favorit BMW M1 Procar... or the more beautiful BMW 850i
But yes, the V10 M5 was very cool...

Last edited:
Looking at GT7 museum, there is a lot that can easily appear in GT7, but also 'plot holes' (no mk2 R8 or A2) that exist too.
Horch brand is mentioned with Wanderer bicycles and motorcycles 1902
Type A 10/22hp 1910
Type A 10/22hp rally 1911
Type B 10/28hp rally 1911
Type B/C rally 1912-14
Puppchen 1913
Puppchen 1916
Type K 14/50hp 1921
Horch 10M20 1922
Type M 17/70 hp 1923
Horch Type 350 1928
DKW P15 Roadster 1928
Type R 19/100 hp 1928
Zwickau 1929
Wanderer W10 '31
Wanderer W11 '32 feat. convertible
Type UW '33
Auto Union A '34
Horch Type 853 '35
Wanderer W25K '36
Wanderer W52 '37
DKW F7 '37
Auto Union C '37
W23 '38
Auto Union Streamliner '39
NSU Deckchair '54
DKW 3=6 Type F93 '55
DKW Monza '56 x2
NSU Prince '58
Auto Union 1000 Sp Coupe '58
NSU Wankel Spyder '64
NSU TT '65
NSU Ro80 '67
Audi 100 '68 x2
Horch from 30s probalby 670, DKW F8 x2, Audi Front, Wanderer W21, NSU Ro80 and B5 Audi
Audi 100 '69
100 Coupe S '70 with SUV and old car in background
60L '71 x2 with Gordini and 70s BMW
80L '73
50LS '75
100 Avant '78
Quattro '80
200T '81
Quattro rally '81
Quattro rally '82
Quattro Sport '84
Quattro rally '84
Quattro S1 pikes peak '85
80 '86
90 '86
Quattro S1 pikes peak '87
200 Quattro Turbo transam '88 feat. Toronado
90 IMSA GTO '89
V8 DTM '90 with V8 DTM Evo, TTR '02, B5 A4 BTCC
100 '90
Quattro Spyder concept '91
Avus concept '91
S4 '92
RS2 '93
ASF concept '93
S6 '94
A4 B5 '94
A6 '94
A8 '95
A3 '96
A6 C5 '97
TT '98
R8R and R8C '99
Rosemeyer concept '00
R8 racer '00-2, '04-05 feat. 996 GT2, C5R and C60 Courage
Steppenwolf concept '01
RS4 '01
A4 B6 '01
RS6 '02
Le Mans quattro concept '03
Pikes Peak quattro concept '03
Nuvolari quattro concept '03
A8 '03
A3 '03
A6 '05
R8 V8 '06
Q7 '06
R10 TDI '06-09
A5 '07 with '16 convertible on picture. yes
Q5 '08
e-Tron concept '09
RS5 '10
R15 TDI '10 with 430 GT2
A1 '10
Q3 '11
R18 TDI '11 with 458 GT2, 997 GT3-RSR
R18 e-tron quattro '12
R18 e-tron quattro '13 with many 2013 opponents
moon car '15
RS7 selfdriven '15
R18 '16
Audi Formula E '17
PB18 e-Tron EV '18 based on R18 e-Tron LMP
e-Tron SUV '18
RS6 Avant '19
RS7 Sportback '19
AI:Trail '19
A3 Sportback '20
A3 Sedan '20
e-tron Sportback '20
e-tron GT (quattro and RS versions) '21
Q4 e-tron sportback and coupe '21

Most likely Audis considering the museum plot and plot holes, and additions from 2017 onwards, these are my condierations:
Audi Quattro road car- it could go against R5
RS2 Avant- its connected to Porsche, it has 993 parts maybe a bit faster to model
RS6 Avant- 2008 nor 2019 would not surprise me at all
RS5 mk2- coupe form probably its not mentioned in museum but its tangented with weird occurence of 2016 A5 on 2007 slide
e-tron GT- fairly new and Tesla can have an opponent
R8 mk2- wierd that AMG GT has two new road versions while R8 got none
R10 TDI- only model that had Stealth variant left to return
RS3 '21 either as sedan or sportback
RS7 Sportback '19
100 Coupe S - a less expensive adition to LCD

Yes. There is a great absence of European and American street cars. As for PD's relationship with Japanese brands, I assume there is a win-win partnership.

I think that, knowing that the GT franchise is a great marketing and fan production tool, Japanese brands use PD deliberately. This means that Japanese brands do not charge hefty royalties (by the way, I don't even know if they charge anything), because, thinking in the medium and long term, having their cars in the most popular game franchise in the world brings much more commercial benefits than receiving a few bucks from PD.

A few months ago, I saw a user on his Twitter profile asking Glickenhaus about his cars in GT7, to which he replied: as long as they pay me my royalties. In particular, I think it's a very petty and limited market view. If I were an automaker or sports team owner, I would make a point of seeing my machines exposed and known in GT. This is important to build a fan base and leverage the brand in the market.

Last edited:

Ha ha, what did you do, read up on some old articles and spout off some nonsense to try and sound cool?

Let me give your outdated, and clearly biased, little diatribe a polish.

You walk past the rear of the RS6/RS7/S6/S7/RS4/RS5/S4/S5/RS3/S3, four large exhaust tips burbling out a throaty tone courtesy of it's variable valves being open. The exterior is low profile and sleek, hunkered down over huge wheels and massively wide tires pushed way out out to the corners. They attempt to hide it's massive 16in brakes, but fail to do so.

You jump in to the forever class leading interior, full of carbon fiber, alcantara, and jewelry like finishes, set up in a way that pleases almost everyone who finds themselves here. You put the car into manual mode, choosing to select the gears from the 7-speed dual-clutch/ZF8 yourself, and rocket away effortlessly as 306-591 horsepower hurtle you into turn one. You don't have traction control on, because you know what you're doing, so no electronic aids are cutting in on the fun here, and those aforementioned monstrous brakes paired with Quattro AWD utilizing brilliant overdriven sport differentials are more than capable of saving your ass if you run out of talent. You fear you might have overcooked it into the corner because of all that power, but those brakes slow you down with an alacrity you've never experienced in a car. The weight of it all seems to disappear under sheer grip and ability. Turn in is sharp, not 2WD BMW M sharp, but much more positive than those Audis of a decade ago, and as the front begins to bite the overdriven rear sport differential starts to bring the rear around into glorious oversteer which can now be managed with your right foot. Chassis balance is yours for the taking. There are no computers here, just massive power, massive grip, and oversteer on command.

Once you let common sense take over, and put the oversteering hooligan back in his cage, you again rocket forward, embraced by the tremendous grip that AWD provides you, thrown headlong into whatever you're pointed at as fast as your conscience allows. You're secure in that this all-powerful, safe, handsome, automobile will take you nearly anywhere you want to go, in any condition, during any time of the year, better and faster than most anything else on the road.

Only a fool would discount its abilities.

For the record I own an S6 with a few modifications, and just about everything crooky said is regurgitated nonsense from the past, and not indicative of most of the things Audi has made since around 2010. Audis aren't as sharp as their RWD counterparts, sure, but they also aren't the understeer prone heavyweights they used to be and are very fast, very poseable, drivers cars.

And we need them in GT7.

Last edited:
Back