AWD cars acting like RWD cars??

• Thread starter SUBSAILOR
  • 46 comments
Well it looks like they just fixed it.

I got a mini-patch this morning, and 4WD cars now have front-wheel torque again. In the RA menu, it now shows the unique torque distribution for each car (ex. GT-R is 30-70 and the E-runner is 45-55), but the distribution cannot be adjusted unless you install the torque adjustment tune. This is after testing in arcade mode; I'll see if it works in career mode later.

I'm loving my new 4WD E-runner now! :D

How the hell do they manage to **** things like this up so seriously bad lol

Like they're writing code on some part then.... oops accidentally changed 4WD into RWD didn't notice that. Were they drunk or something? :s

I think it was something to do with the addition of an RA menu to non-DFGT owners after the initial 1.04 patch. In the RA menu before this hotfix, the "4WD torque" adjustment setting was greyed out and it showed 100% torque to the rear, and 4WD cars performed as such. Now it shows the correct distribution, not greyed out, but still not adjustable unless you gave it the adjustment mod in the tuning menu. 4WD FTW!

Last edited:
I was wondering why the R35 Black Edition felt so alive and twitchy the other night. I loved it. Sad to find out it was because of this. It actually felt like a drivers car instead of a digitally calibrated tool 👎

I wonder how many programming SNAFU's it's gonna take before PD wakes up.

Edit: Just saw it was fixed.

Last edited:
I am now 2.2 seconds quicker in my Tajima E-runner at Suzuka Circuit with its 'new' AWD drivetrain after this patch.

This is why 4-wheel drive capability matters, people. :gtpflag:

So, can we now set a 100% torque split on AWD cars?
Sadly no :-( It was only a bug and not on all 4WD. Like I wrote earlier, my '08 RS6 and Evo VI is RWD, but my newly bought R34 isn't.

I'm glad though. Now I can finally drift that RS6 like an actual RWD. I won't be really happy to download that fix later tonight, but I have to do it to be able to go online :-(

This is my only gripe, I'm pretty sure that torque splitters can in fact disable front torque delivery in GT we always get a 10/90 split which still sends some power to the front which is not what we want. I would love a full 100% rear bias to try out on some AWD to make them more of less a slightly heavier FR car but fun none the less. PD why do you have arbitrary rules like this torque splitter, but you'll shoehorn in a power limiter that defies logic and physics in one go?

PD needs to add a full custom torque distribution system, the GT-R ATTESA system does 0/100% on launch and then dynamically moves the split toward the front for supremely quick launches. Porshe 911 Turbo has a dynamic torque system that does almost the same and car normal remains in a 0/100% rear bias. So why are we getting this 10/90% bull crap, which freaking causes understeer in corners? Fix it PD fix it, pretty please?

Last edited:
This is my only gripe, I'm pretty sure that torque splitters can in fact disable front torque delivery in GT we always get a 10/90 split which still sends some power to the front which is not what we want. I would love a full 100% rear bias to try out on some AWD to make them more of less a slightly heavier FR car but fun none the less. PD why do you have arbitrary rules like this torque splitter, but you'll shoehorn in a power limiter that defies logic and physics in one go?

I understand why they only allow you to go to 10/90 with the adjustable torque split. IRL you have to modify physical components to get an AWD car RWD, you can't just turn a knob inside the car. Here's the thing though, it would be so easy to implement, it befuddles me. Just make it an upgrade, just like a CF hood or rear wing. You either buy it to get full RWD or uninstall it for the adjustable torque split. It shouldn't be any more complicated than that, and everyone is happy.

Or, would there be very smartly arranged modularity in it for update/upgrade patches etc?

I'm no expert, just guessing.

How the hell do they manage to **** things like this up so seriously bad lol

Like they're writing code on some part then.... oops accidentally changed 4WD into RWD didn't notice that. Were they drunk or something? :s

I don't work in video game coding but I do work in computers and I know that sometimes making a small change over here will inadvertently change something over there. Sometimes it's subtle enough that you don't notice it until it's too late and it's in a place you wouldn't have thought something would have changed.

Crap happens, it always will. The take-away here is not that an inadvertent mistake was made but that they corrected it so quickly which is a huge positive IMO. They have been much quicker to fix these accidents in GT6 than they were in GT5. Yeah, they still have a long list of things to address but considering the game has only been out two months I'd say they're doing a good job of getting around to them.

@BrandonW77, we called that PD style fixing and modding "Ironwire"-solutions, no documentary, no knowledge what parts it will affect later, no idea if "ironwired" part going along when some general variables are changed.
Too many guys making "Ironwire"-solutions to same code and soon situation is same what they had on GT5, had to make new code, and picking only some known parts of old code to it, parts where is no "ironwire"-fixes.
Now they are on same situation AGAIN, ironwire fix fixing earlier ironwire, breaking original code and fixing that again with ironwire to get whole packet even running...
PD needs better guidelines to coders, and better internal documentations so coders can avoid ironwire fixing, by just making enough different general variables.

Back