B-Spec on GT6

Do you want B-Spec on GT6

• Total voters
Brazil
São Paulo / Bra
diegorborges82
I think that B-Spec on GT6 could mix GT5+GT4 functions that let you use the drivers to help you on long endurance races, plus having the option to speed x3 again just like it was on GT4.

To make things interesting, PD could add some bits related to team management, pilots salaries, team expenses, etc.

That would make B-spec more interesting IMHO.

What you think about it?

As long as 24 hour races hell even 4 and 9 hour races are here to stay B-spec should continue.

I want to complete GT games 100%, but I'm not about to waste 24 hours of life driving around in a virtual game lol.

I want to complete GT games 100%, but I'm not about to waste 24 hours of life driving around in a virtual game lol.
You do know that you can save the endurance races right?

So if you only can play like maybe 4-5 hours a week you can do the 24 hours races over a month or so.
Of course it is possible that you'd like to go online and play or something while in the race, but thats how it is now at least.

I wouldn't say it's 24 hours waste of my life to drive the endurance races.
I think its a great experience in a game I really enjoy.

But yeah, thats my opinion, and no offense intended. :)

McSoap

So if you only can play like maybe 4-5 hours a week you can do the 24 hours races over a month or so.
Of course it is possible that you'd like to go online and play or something while in the race, but thats how it is now at least.

You can?

Yeah you can save, but you'll get started right back up where you left off.

Plus I don't like to be on one course for more than an hour at best so I'm not about to sit here everyday for 24 days(assuming I play an hour every day that is) just trying to complete one endurance race again that's 24 hours of my life wasted.

I voted yes if its improved. But it really can go either way. I would like a B spec save in progres for endurance races. The first 24 hour endurance fried my PS3 and I know others had issues too. Fast forward like in GT4 would be nice again too.

I enjoyed the B-spec mode because it was a nice way to get some free cars and free money. Usually I would just set it up on split screen while I played other racing games. I would look over and have bob speed up or slow down. I wouldnt mind having B spec mode again.
But if they have to remove features to get all the cars to premium then I can live without B spec mode.

Last edited:
diegorborges
I think that B-Spec on GT6 could mix GT5+GT4 functions that let you use the drivers to help you on long endurance races, plus having the option to speed x3 again just like it was on GT4.

To make things interesting, PD could add some bits related to team management, pilots salaries, team expenses, etc.

That would make B-spec more interesting IMHO.

What you think about it?

I nearly 100% agree. I don't want to manage salaries, leave that to GT. And Idk if I like speeding it up. I like realism. Real time.

McSoap
No! :sly:

I'd like to only have A-spec in GT6 as I feel B-spec ruins the experience of the GT series.

Even in endurance races I would like only A-spec, but with save option.

I don't understand why people want to be a one man driver team for an endurance race. I don't know of any driver in any endurance series that drives the entire race. If GT claims to be a real driving simulator then it should mimic real life. B spec drivers should be able to be used in the endurance races. I'd love to team up with W.Ferrell, N.Battle, and F.Frankfurter for the 24 heures du mans. It's the way it should be. Multi-driver teams.

McSoap

Racing little by little kinda takes the endurance part out of the equation, doesn't it?

I don't understand why people want to be a one man driver team for an endurance race. I don't know of any driver in any endurance series that drives the entire race. If GT claims to be a real driving simulator then it should mimic real life. B spec drivers should be able to be used in the endurance races. I'd love to team up with W.Ferrell, N.Battle, and F.Frankfurter for the 24 heures du mans. It's the way it should be. Multi-driver teams.
Done it multiple times alone, great experience. Simplez. :)

Racing little by little kinda takes the endurance part out of the equation, doesn't it?
It does, but it allows you to take some breaks from time to time.
If you want to race the whole 24 hours in 1 go, be my guest. ;)

Well. If its like GT4's A-Spec and B-Spec. PLEASE don't them seperated, ever. Keep them together as one ONLY spec, because that'll be more funner and better that way. That way, we won't have to worry about endurance racing to be raced by players alone by him or herself, but have B-Spec drivers in the race by switching to B-Spec.

This is also a good to level yourself and your B-Spec driver up at the same time when given turns at any event and race, depending on how far you are from the other drivers in a race to hit to pits to switch. ;)

Well. If its like GT4's A-Spec and B-Spec. PLEASE don't them seperated, ever. Keep them together as one ONLY spec, because that'll be more funner and better that way. That way, we won't have to worry about endurance racing to be raced by players alone by him or herself, but have B-Spec drivers in the race by switching to B-Spec.

This is also a good to level yourself and your B-Spec driver up at the same time when given turns at any event and race, depending on how far you are from the other drivers in a race to hit to pits to switch. ;)

It feels like separating some stuff was one of GT5's curses.

B-spec separated from A-spec = bad idea
Standards separated from premiums on garage = bad idea

The standard cars were understandable, but the problem was just the A-Spec and B-Spec being seperated. I hope it doesn't happen again in GT6, but be more like GT4's A&B Specs together as one. :)

It was a curse for them because at least with B-spec and A-spec the option to do either one was what made GT4 fun.

Some Endurance Races were fun that way plus again I'm not the type of GT player to sit there for 10 mins, 20, 30, 1 hour, up to 24 hours just to race one race.

That's why I say if B-spec returns put it back the way it was it GT4.

No. Or at least optional, like in Gran Turismo 4. Haven't touched B-Spec in GT5 yet for that very reason.

It was a curse for them because at least with B-spec and A-spec the option to do either one was what made GT4 fun.

Some Endurance Races were fun that way plus again I'm not the type of GT player to sit there for 10 mins, 20, 30, 1 hour, up to 24 hours just to race one race.

That's why I say if B-spec returns put it back the way it was it GT4.

Totally agree.👍

I love GT5 B-Spec mode. I like to see better B-Spec mode in GT6. Maybe Online races with lobby like in GT5. I also would like that B-Spec in GT6 will be improved.

McSoap
Done it multiple times alone, great experience. Simplez. :)

It does, but it allows you to take some breaks from time to time.
If you want to race the whole 24 hours in 1 go, be my guest. ;)

B-spec not being part of the endurance races is my reason for not completing some of the races. I can do some of the races in one sitting, I.e. the 1000km Suzuka race, because I love the race or the cars. But racing a 24 hour race as one driver doesn't appeal to me. Plus, if we were able to use our b-spec drivers for the endurance races, it would give more of a point to b-spec. Well, other than it being easy money and great prize cars.

Sasek
I love GT5 B-Spec mode. I like to see better B-Spec mode in GT6. Maybe Online races with lobby like in GT5. I also would like that B-Spec in GT6 will be improved.

I like it too. It's fun training your drivers. Hopefully b-spec stays separate from a-spec but meshes together for the endurance races rather than have enduros for both specs.

I voted Yes ...but I want some improvement. Specifically, I want the B-Spec drivers to be able to drive in practice mode again just like in GT4. I want them to drive the car AS IT IS ...meaning they must drive according to the tune on the car. This will allow me once again to use them as test drivers while I can tune the car and have it broken in at the same time. When it comes to this function B-Spec drivers can be invaluable because being computer controlled, they can take the same line time after time. This removes the "human error" part of the equation when determining if one tune is faster than another on a "per lap" basis. Yes I could learn to drive with the same consistency but honestly, I am not too keen on robot-like point-to-point laps in practice mode.

Other than this I agree that endurance races are team events. As much as I love doing the endurance races by myself, I must admit that throwing in B-Spec drivers, some slower and some faster, would add a nice element of unpredictability to the races.

Back