Battlefield 4- Out on October 29th (current gen)

• Thread starter Darren.
  • 2,534 comments

Darren.

Vroom Vroom
Premium
United Kingdom
Limbo
TurboV16
TurboV16
battlefield4.jpg
The game will still be set in the modern story arc as seen in Battlefield 3. It has a tentative release date of 2013, sticking to Battlefield's bi-yearly release cycle. A multiplayer beta will be bundled with those who have pre-ordered Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition. There will be other ways to get into the beta as well but those ways have not yet been specified by EA. Karl Magnus Troedsson mentioned that another Bad Company game isn't out of the question, stating,
"That doesn't mean there might not be a Bad Company game again in the future."

Last edited:
I'm not sure how BF4 will turn out to be honest. I don't want it to turn into CoD where they just put out a game that is exactly the same as past titles. BF3 is still fun for me and i love it. Of course I'll be getting BF4, but I don't want it to turn out to be something like CoD. BFBC2 I never really played, but the first BFBC I played everyday for at least 2 hours!

I'm the same as rap129, it's a return to the modern setting so it'll be interesting to see what they add to make it worth buying after BF3. All I can think are new maps, new guns, new vehicles... That just makes it Battlefield: Modern Warfare 3 in my opinion. Maybe if they add proper destruction like we had in BC2 and CQ, dynamic weather and a huge amount of new modes then that'll be great, but the modes we have are fine really. It'll be a current-gen release, too, seeing as it'll be out in Q4 2013, so the tech and map design won't be that different anyway. I must admit I don't have high hopes for it.

There is no way this will release in 2013. Its way too early for another Battlefield game and there simply is no way this will be ready by 2013. Way too early. This will be out in 2014. You know you dont want me to bet on this. :sly:

There is no way this will release in 2013. Its way too early for another Battlefield game and there simply is no way this will be ready by 2013. Way too early. This will be out in 2014. You know you dont want me to bet on this. :sly:

Well that's exactly the problem, it will be ready because it won't be that different to BF3! MOH: Warfighter preorderers get access to the BF4 beta, it's really not that far away. It makes sense, too, as Q4 2013 means it'll release approximately 6 months after the last BF3 DLC is out.

It depends on the Beta. If the Beta is early fall (September/ October) then I would not be surprised on a 2013 release date. If the Beta is in November then it will become a 2014 release date (Unless EA forces them to release it earlier).

I wish it was something other than BF4. I want BF2143, BF1944, and/or Bad Company 3 before BF4. At least we know EA is really after the money with the Battlefield Series.

I think it will follow the pattern of BF3, If i remember correctly BF3 was released late in october and the beta took place about a month or so before. It looks like im one of the few who's pleased to see BF4 stay in the modern day setting. I would have been open to another WWII iteration but it seems that is a bit less marketable these days. How awesome would it have been to have maps with environments from Dunquerque, Somme, Stalingrad, Rzhev, El alamein, Khursk (good one for the tankers;)), Bulge, Moscow and the battle of berlin all in Frostbite 2 goodness :)

I think 2013 could work but like Neema said there needs to be the destruction of BC2 with the graphics of BF3.

Other than that and there being less bugs I don't see how gameplay could change too much. In any case though atleast Battlefield is biannual instead of the COD annual schedule. That is unless this is a launch title for the next gen consoles?

They may also have more time to focus on the game and not the engine. I am assuming they are going to use Frostbite 2.0 so since they had to work on that while making BF3. I would think that they will have more time to iron out bugs in BF4.

1oarcx.jpg

EA Invite Hints at Battlefield 4 Reveal

IGN
EA is teasing an announcement at this month’s Game Developer’s Conference. In an invitation sent to IGN, EA reminds potential attendees to “save the date” and advertises an event on March 26th at a movie theater.

Interestingly, the invitation includes a familiar color palette that’s extremely similar to the box art for Battlefield 3. Given that Battlefield 4 was recently shown to retailers and has yet to see an official announcement, could this be when EA will finally reveal the sequel?

Come March 26th, we shall see.

Well that's interesting...

If they plan on releasing it this year, i've gotta start saving for that second graphics card. :D

This whole random announcement for BF4 seems as a scapegoat to distract gamers mind from the SimCity problems. Sad thing is if the beta is good, I might buy 2 or 3 copies of the game (PC, Xbox 360 and/or Next-gen Xbox).

I've got bad feelings about BF4. Knowing EA and their recent practices they'll do something to put me off, subscription fees or microtransactions or something of that sort. I'm guessing it'll be the latter, I can just picture it now:

"Get the AEK-971 and 7 days double XP for just 5,400 BattlePoints!"... No thanks. But we'll see, maybe they won't screw with it, but that's just wishful thinking. If you think I'm being whatever, look at Real Racing 3, Dead Space 3 and their recent comments about how every game will have microtransactions, which they then backed down on, but if you look at what they've said about SimCity requiring an internet connection for server-side calculations and the game can't possibly run without it, I don't believe a word they say.

I've got bad feelings about BF4. Knowing EA and their recent practices they'll do something to put me off, subscription fees or microtransactions or something of that sort. I'm guessing it'll be the latter, I can just picture it now:

"Get the AEK-971 and 7 days double XP for just 5,400 BattlePoints!"... No thanks. But we'll see, maybe they won't screw with it, but that's just wishful thinking. If you think I'm being whatever, look at Real Racing 3, Dead Space 3 and their recent comments about how every game will have microtransactions, which they then backed down on, but if you look at what they've said about SimCity requiring an internet connection for server-side calculations and the game can't possibly run without it, I don't believe a word they say.

You can count on micro transactions galore, it is their new business model. I do not think it will be single player always online. More than likely they will slow the level progression encouraging micro transactions. So wrong for full price games.

Very much looking forward to this,Hope they go with More battlefield less Call of duty,Oh and Hope they actually put more than 5 seconds in the campaign this time.

I am looking forward to BF4, however I will avoid the microtransactions if it becomes a part of the game, at least as long as it does not hamper my gameplay severly then it might be the only reason for me to skip this game.

I have known for a while that BF4 would take place in a modern setting, however I would have hoped that we would get a proper WWII fps with todays technology, it would have been interesting and I am a bit tired of the modern setting, just as players were tired of the WWII years back. A WWII setting would not fit so nicely with the "unlock" features though, however I would hope for a WWII DLC in BF4.

Other then that they seriously got to tune down the sun and get rid of that blue filter thing they got going on with BF3, I as a PC player also hope we get at least 80 players and bigger maps. Not that BF3 has been bad though, I still play it and I am having fun but I will for sure have a break between BF3 and BF4 I need one.

I feel that its just going to be a re-release of 3. That and they better not patch the game 2037473930 times to the point of having 20gb of patches to install.

Get ready, guys.

EA and DICE have released the first teaser and image for Battlefield 4.

Judging on the background, many have speculated one of the locations is Shanghai.

Battlefield%204%20Promo.jpg

PREPARE 4 BATTLE - 3.27

The only difference is the characters, and vehicles. Weapons shouldn't be any different as the QBB/QBU are already in the game.

Looking forward to what they have to show us, as it is a modern setting I do hope that actually means modern as in that all the equipment is existing, I do not want a "modern" setting with some added futuristic weapons.

I think the upcoming ARMA 3 has done some of that is I am not mistaken.

Back