Best and worst engine swaps?

• Thread starter wheelhp
  • 21 comments
Australia
Australia
My best was I think the one that goes into the thingo named after a drink

My worst has yet to be discovered.

Also looking for good cheap swaps. If it costs more than 500k i wont buy it

Delta Integrale with the GT-R engine is an absolute joy to drive.
The DeLorean with the V8 is ****ing horrid.

I'm yet to find good use for the swapped Trans-Am..
The civic engine in the Honda Beat makes a monster K Car.
Numerous other swaps can work really well assuming you don't need to go round corners, cue the LS7 powered Nissan Sylvia Q, 240mph towards the next squealing mess of a corner......

I was pleasantly surprised to try the Chiron engine in the C6 ZR-1 Corvette. It’s super stable.

The LT1 engine in the Miata is a treat around Tokyo. Can easily finish that grind race in 25 minutes.

The R92CP in the R34 is also a really nice swap for the WTC700 Le Mans grind.

The LS7 BRZ motor in the Silvia is dumb. Spins the rear tires up to 150mph. The Mk1 Gti swap is also pretty dumb. Just spins the tires. If you have a race with tire wear it puts you at a pretty big disadvantage.

Last edited:
I think the best has to be any of the GT-Rs with the R92CP engine. Although the engine is absurdly expensive, it feels like a cheat code.

I've built a good handful of 700 PP swapped cars, tricked out with racing parts - almost like modern racing mods from the original games. These can easily win Le Mans WTC 700 although you need to go Fuel Map 6, short shift and maybe even coast to make it on 2 stops.

- The MR2 with the Audi R8 V8 is a ton of fun and lovely sounding. Lighter and scarier than the R8.

- The R32 GT-R Nismo with the 2017 GT-R engine. Very quick and also looks awesome with the wide body kit and JGTC style bodywork.

- The 90s 300ZX with the same 2017 GT-R engine is also fun.

- BMW M3 E46 with the Z4 GT3 engine. I rolled this out when I was tired of losing to Gallo's Alfa GTAm. Another one that sounds awesome and is silky-smooth once you get it sorted out.

I expected the 1500hp Maverick swapped 2016 Shelby GT350 to be a disaster, but it wasn't half bad de-tuned to the 700PP range.

The GT500 engines in the older NSXs were also impressive when i tested although haven't gotten back to drive them more. My 1992 swapped one acts as my "Castrol Mugen NSX at home."

I don't understand why the lemans swapped Mazda 3 is more of a pig to drive than the lemans swapped RX8. The 3 seems to want to understeer and oversteer at the same time, doesn't put the power down nicely, doesn't brake nicely and doesn't steer nicely. Usually my go to 4wd diff and torque split settings make those ****** haldex style awd systems behave like a proper full time 4wd but that mazda just doesn't want to play.

I absolutely love the R92CP swaps on the other hand.

My unrivalled favourite though is the type R swapped Beat.

I'm a big fan of the Maverick engine going in the Cayman GT4. Unique sounding engine in a car that can just about handle it.

It doesn't raise the PP too high either, detuned slightly it's a great way to get through the Clubman Cup+ at Route X.

I'm convinced that the 2JZ going into a GR Yaris is the best swap, especially since both the car and engine don't cost much. I use the resulting car in both 600PP and 700PP events, too.

I love the DeLorean swap,when the car gets tamed down to fit into the 700PP category...
The Lancia swap is great too and the swapped Golf GTI Mk 1 is a personal favorite of mine(as you could have guessed from my avatar...)
And the Beat swap is just hilarious!
When it comes to races where fuel economy does matter, everything where the Mazda 787B engine fits in works great!

When it comes to the Pantera swap and the C4 swap, I prefer the non swapped versions with conventional tuning...so those are among the ones I don't like...

Last edited:
Z234 getting the SR20 swap is a puzzling one to me, because it reduces its "Devil Z" appeal; I would rather have it get the LZ20 or GT500-spec RB26DETT engine instead.

I feel like the Audi R8 MR2 swap is heavily slept on. Plus, I love the "Ka-Ching!" noise you get during start up. Like you spend money every time you turn it on. :lol:

I'm yet to find good use for the swapped Trans-Am..
The civic engine in the Honda Beat makes a monster K Car.
Numerous other swaps can work really well assuming you don't need to go round corners, cue the LS7 powered Nissan Sylvia Q, 240mph towards the next squealing mess of a corner......
Came here looking for the Trans-Am complaint and post #5 delivered. Just too much...

I like the ones that convert a NA car to a Turbo. It just opens up a few more events.

WORST - The Mitsu EVO 10 FQ300 with the Escudo V6 is so horrible, the tuuuuurbo Laggggg is so mind numbingly bad and slow.

BEST - Havent quite found the best yet, but a close contender maybe the Porsche Cayman GT4 with the GAC Mavercik V8 plant is so EPIC! It is so quick and mental!

Last edited:
Back