Better Opening Songs for the GT series?

• Thread starter hawkeye122
  • 33 comments
United States
California
gdwest1
I think that the best opening songs were (No surprise this one)
Lenny Kravitz' "Are You Gonna go My Way" (GT3 NTSC)

and

Van Halen "Panama" (GT4 NTSC)

I believe that the GT5P NTSC opening song was alright, and I don't mind the GT5 Piano Solo thing, but the music afterwords is garbage.

Any ideas on songs that could be used, or ones that would have been better?

Last edited:
If it were released at the time, I would have gone for "Bridges Burning" by the Foo Fighters.

I think the intro should play with "Stripped, Raped and Strangled" by Cannibal Corpse and then "Torture Killer" by Six Feet Under. Then all of the menus should use the Spongebob Squarepants theme song.

The feeder track from gt3 a spec rocked nicely with the intro. I love 'I need speed' by Xzibit. Or maybe 'for whom the bell tolls' by Metallica.

They should stick with Moon Over the Castle and stop changing the opening song on international versions of each GT.

GT1's intro is my favourite. As for better songs, I'd have either of two songs by Pendulum - Propane Nightmares or Witchcraft.

Gt3 had buck Rodgers by feeder on it, epic song for an epic game. Can't remember if it was in the opening section though. I agree Gt5 should have had 5oul on d!splay that's an amazing song!

Feeder - Just a day (GT3), Kasabian - Reason is Treason (GT4), MCR - Planetary (Go!) (GT5), and, best of all, The Cardigans - My Favourite Game (GT2 Remix) (GT2)!

My Favourite Game every single time. I'd love to see someone remake that video using GT5 (some cars/tracks would need to be altered I know). I'd do it myself but I don't have the equipment or skills to do it.

They should stick with Moon Over the Castle and stop changing the opening song on international versions of each GT.
Agreed. The serious and classy approach to song selection througout the whole series in Japan should be extended to all versions in all continents.

And thanks to the original theme, composed by Masahiro Andoh, I'm now addicted to japanese instrumental music (jazz-fusion and its many variations).

I was thinking "Dont Stop me now" The slower parts showing some men working on a Peugeot 908. And then as it picks up it goes to the shots of it racing, and then all the other cars racing around their various tracks.

Moon Over the Castle & My Favourite Game:)

End of the discussion 👍

Feeder - Just a day (GT3), Kasabian - Reason is Treason (GT4), MCR - Planetary (Go!) (GT5), and, best of all, The Cardigans - My Favourite Game (GT2 Remix) (GT2)!

My Favourite Game every single time. I'd love to see someone remake that video using GT5 (some cars/tracks would need to be altered I know). I'd do it myself but I don't have the equipment or skills to do it.

Completely agreeing with all the My Favourite Game and MOTC posts. I also like Planetary (Go!). However, Mountains by Biffy Clyro would work perfectly for me. Or The Captain. Or any Biffy Clyro song for that matter. Apart from God & Satan, it's a bit too slow-paced. 👍

EDIT: Actually, if they used The Captain, they could use the drum beats at the start to show brief images of cars, before going into actual footage when the music starts.

Although I don't think it was on any of the GT series games, The Ernies "Here and Now" would be fantastic in my opinion (look it up from Tony Hawk Pro Skater if you've never heard it).

But in all reality Planetary (GO!) has enough subtle references to see some sort of correlation with the song and 'speed' and racing to work with GT5. Poppy, but it's enjoyable none the less.

I was just about to say that. The car for that video is in this game.
Here's a couple more for the slightly more mature crowd.
Rush "Red Barchette" (I know spelled it wrong:drool:)
Quite Riot "Slick Black Cadillac"

Sure I can come up with a few more classics from the 60s-80s. But you all probably get the idea.:lol:

GT1's intro is my favourite.

yep, I remember that coming on the first time... made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!

I've no idea if that's how to embed video...

Edit 1.... no, that didn't work....

Edit 2.... nor that.....

Edit 3.... B*gger, I'll just paste the link....

Edit 4... Thank you, Trang!! I wondered how they did that!!👍

Last edited:
Back