BMW M3 GT2 Base Model '11 just appeared? [Dealership Seceretly Changing!?]

• Thread starter Amac500
  • 81 comments
United States
United States
Alex_Mac_
When I looked at the BMW car list a couple of hours ago, the last page in the BMW section of the dealer had all the cars on the top row. Two M3 GT2's, the Z4 GT3, the BMW McLaren, and the V12 LMR. Just now in the BMW dealer, the LMR is now bumped to the bottom row and a third M3 appeared, the M3 GT2 Base Model. I didn't see an update, am I absolutely crazy or is this a new car?

*UPDATE* Thanks to SavageEvil, the way you unlock the BMW M3 GT2 base model '11 is to run a race in single player mode using the BMW M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) '11. PD seems to be adjusting the prices of cars in the dealer in the updates when you open the game.

Last edited:
Mine appeared after I bought the m3 gt2 with livery.
I was just deciding between one of the BMW's or the Audi LMS Ultra and I choose the Ultra. Now I'm bummed cus I would've choose the base model.

Same here it just appeared there! Weird, but it was on the official car list so it was supposed to be in anyway.

Lots of little things are changing all the time. I swear the price of the X2010 has gone up 1,000,000 credits in the last 36 hours :boggled:. Might be seeing things but when I checked at the beginning of the game I thought I saw it at 5,000,000. Checked it since and now it's 6,000,000. Thought I was going crazy at one point.

Maybe that's what the little stealth updates that PD are introducing are doing :odd:.

Same here it just appeared there! Weird, but it was on the official car list so it was supposed to be in anyway.
That original car list might be changing though. When the DeltaWing was pulled it was removed from the official list and now both DeltaWings are on the list. Does anyone specifically remember seeing the M3 base model on the original list?

Same with me. Also I raced the M3GT2 at 2013 LeMans just now and on the replay the car is on dunlops but front fenders have falken stickers and the rear bumper has dunlop stickers. This is an error that should be fixed because we all know that the only LeMans car that is on falken tires is the falken porsche.

Lots of little things are changing all the time. I swear the price of the X2010 has gone up 1,000,000 credits in the last 36 hours :boggled:. Might be seeing things but when I checked at the beginning of the game I thought I saw it at 5,000,000. Checked it since and now it's 6,000,000. Thought I was going crazy at one point.

Maybe that's what the little stealth updates that PD are introducing are doing :odd:.
I swear I remember the Red Bull at 5 mil. too! Also those stealth cars are trained Japanese ninjas. :eek:

I noticed the same thing. And I swear I watched a youtube vid of the dealerships and the panoz esperante gtr1 was 2million but I looked in the dealerships today and it was 1.7million. Weird or what?

I just checked the BMW dealership and it's NOT there. I got 25 cars in the BMW dealership and not one of them is a Base Model. Closest I got is the "M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) '11" & "Z4 GT3 '11".

I been running the game for the last 6 hours so I haven't had any update yet.

I just checked the BMW dealership and it's NOT there. I got 25 cars in the BMW dealership and not one of them is a Base Model. Closest I got is the "M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) '11" & "Z4 GT3 '11".

I been running the game for the last 6 hours so I haven't had any update yet.

Try quitting the game or restarting your PS3.

I have quite a bad memory but I think I saw the X2010 for 1,000,000 the first time. Later it was about 5,000,000.

Maybe the prices are based on how you drive? :confused:

If you don't load the small update AFTER 1.01, the x201x are 5,000,000
The audo r8 lms are ~375,000 before the small update and 1,500,000 after.

It seems the BMW M3 GT2 base model becomes open simply by using the M3 GT race car '11 in arcade mode and complete a race in it. I just did that and the car was unlocked when I returned to career mode in the dealership. I'm guessing this is what opens it up or actually buying the race car from the shop. But I saw the dealership and it was not in there until right after completing a 4 lap race at Bathurst in the M3 GT '11 car.

Same with me. Also I raced the M3GT2 at 2013 LeMans just now and on the replay the car is on dunlops but front fenders have falken stickers and the rear bumper has dunlop stickers. This is an error that should be fixed because we all know that the only LeMans car that is on falken tires is the falken porsche.

That's because you were racing with the 2011 car from the Nurburgring 24 Hours, which has those logos on it in real life:

bmw-nurburgring-061-750x500.jpg

Try quitting the game or restarting your PS3.

Quit the game and restarted and still nothing then turned off PS3 and restarted and again, nothing. Just checked GT Website and it's on the list at number 21. Maybe an update for the UK soon but nothing yet.

It seems the BMW M3 GT2 base model becomes open simply by using it in arcade mode and complete a race in it. I just did that and the car was unlocked when I returned to career mode in the dealership. I'm guessing this is what opens it up or actually buying the race car from the shop. But I saw the dealership and it was not in there until right after completing a 4 lap race at Bathurst in the M3 GT '11 car.
Not for me, mine appeared and I am yet to drive any of the BMW race cars in the game. Only BMW I've driven was the Z8 I got with my pre-order and that didn't unlock it.

Quit the game and restarted and still nothing then turned off PS3 and restarted and again, nothing. Just checked GT Website and it's on the list at number 21. Maybe an update for the UK soon but nothing yet.
Interesting. It seemed mine appeared without an update so I have no clue what's going on.

It seems the BMW M3 GT2 base model becomes open simply by using the M3 GT race car '11 in arcade mode and complete a race in it. I just did that and the car was unlocked when I returned to career mode in the dealership. I'm guessing this is what opens it up or actually buying the race car from the shop. But I saw the dealership and it was not in there until right after completing a 4 lap race at Bathurst in the M3 GT '11 car.
He speaks the truth! Worked for me!

I had no update either, I'm on the day one update and that's it. First there was no base model in the BMW dealership, so I went to arcade mode and used the M3 GT '11 in a single race versus professional AI didn't win came in 4th and when I went back to the BMW dealership the car was there. Seems the game has unlocks for using loaner cars in races or something. Weird. Someone else said it showed up after buying the race car from BMW.

I had no update either, I'm on the day one update and that's it. First there was no base model in the BMW dealership, so I went to arcade mode and used the M3 GT '11 in a single race versus professional AI didn't win came in 4th and when I went back to the BMW dealership the car was there. Seems the game has unlocks for using loaner cars in races or something. Weird. Someone else said it showed up after buying the race car from BMW.

Just done the same and now it's there! :cheers:.

Wonder why they named it "M3 GT2" instead of just "M3 GT" on which it is clearly based?

Back