Camouflaged Corvette C7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I very much doubt it's an accident. If it is, it's going to be a costly one for at least one employee.

The Aventador one cannot be a mistake, someone had taken that picture and set it to share online, that or someone with some "insider knowledge" has found a way to edit and import pics into the photo-stream.

I'm also thinking about custom or preset livery editor (the latter could be most likely)

Looks like a decent fake to me... but I could be wrong. Surely if it had been implemented purposely then other people would have come across it by now.

Last edited:
The lack of reflection could be due to lack of a reflective surface on the car in question.

That's a really good fake if it is.

Observing the photo a bit more, I can barely see the back of the car reflecting on the floor. The TV may be a bit too bright.

The license plate looks strange, but doing the camouflage and tape in Photoshop is a helluva job and I can't believe that the op would go through all the hassle faking a picture like that, just for a joke on GTP. Unless it's a 3D render, which isn't running on a PS3 at all...

EDIT:
About jstickboy13

Country
United States
PS3 Network Gamer ID
monkeyjames
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Hmmm....

Sorry if it's a bit shaky, but here's a reference photo for the reflection on the floor.

- img -

The quality of the image may be a factor, but on a regular car, the reflection on the floor is clearly visible.

I took your photo, added more contrast, little blur, more brightness and a bit of noise, in order to simulate the quality of the other photo.

Kkg9F.jpg

The reflection got way less visible. :odd:

Edit: The C7 has a reflection, once i look my laptop screen almost in 180º, i can see a somewhat reflection. Not enough to see which car is in the reflection though.

The license plate looks strange, but doing the camouflage and tape in Photoshop is a helluva job and I can't believe that the op would go through all the hassle faking a picture like that, just for a joke on GTP. Unless it's a 3D render, which isn't running on a PS3 at all...

EDIT:

Hmmm....

Well I'm done here :lol:

I bow to you jstick, you got us all going. 👍 :dopey:

There actually is a reflection if you look really close. You can see the license plate reflected on the ground.
I think its real. The graphic designer part is a bit sketchy though...

I took your photo, added more contrast, little blur, more brightness and a bit of noise, in order to simulate the quality of the other photo.

Kkg9F.jpg

The reflection got way less visible. :odd:

Edit: The C7 has a reflection, once i look my laptop screen almost in 180º, i can see a somewhat reflection. Not enough to see which car is in the reflection though.

Now that you've pointed that out, I see the reflection of the C7 on the floor. The license plate and camo surrounding it is clearly visible.

Like I said in the Aventador thread, these have got to be teasers. They've all appeared after 2.09, so my theory is that these are previews for 3.0, which by the looks of it is going to be pretty big. Judging by the fact that the license plate says Polyphony on it, that's the only realistic explanation I can come up with.

Next thing you know we'll have new users posting unusual content like this and somehow knowing a lot about unreleased stuff which turns out to be true.

y4-78Or_nTDQPo0CkOiF5jP6UCP_vDPGgcDi5R_veUKFymJoTPfOgsIMrR_xrNJBJLJpd-NWInAKGYzZFtAiGQxZwHy9yeLrmew3HooZMDOlMv-fMgY

8176171531_073e7b736a.jpg

Yes you can see a reflection of the plate in the C7, and in the blue corvette we can't see it because the panel is blocking it, but I'm turning a bit skeptical if the photo is true or not

Like I said in the Aventador thread, these have got to be teasers. They've all appeared after 2.09, so my theory is that these are previews for 3.0, which by the looks of it is going to be pretty big. Judging by the fact that the license plate says Polyphony on it, that's the only realistic explanation I can come up with.

Next thing you know we'll have new users posting unusual content like this and somehow knowing a lot about unreleased stuff which turns out to be true.

Maybe they're going to celebrate 2 years of GT5 with 3.0 and DLC's

Unsure on this, why is there only 1 pic?

If it came up on my screen I'd take more than 1 and I post them all......

^ Valid point as well. In same way we have good reasons to believe it is real, we also have good reasons to believe that it is fake!

GAH! Say it already! My head hurts. :c

I just got footage of the camouflaged C7 with my Fujifilm Camera
I'll try to upload it to youtube and here

This is an interesting image. Looking forward to the video, edwinpr. 👍

Although I am no expert at doing this sort of thing, I did tweak the photo a bit to reveal more of what does appear to be some type of reflection. Notice the small camouflage pattern surrounding the top of the exhaust pipes is visible above/below the license plate.

2dkfrlg.jpg

The photo was taken on my phone this morning in a kinda dark room, I think not seeing the reflection on the floor because it's just washed out. You can't see the reflection of the background picture that well either. I was as surprised as anyone here to see it.

If this is a fake. Epic trolled we just got. :lol: (I want it to be true, as i am a Corvette lover myself. Lol)

Jordan, I still think it could be a 3D render running from a PC. Reflections mean nothing, because it's definitely not a photoshopped picture (seriously, way too much work). But if someone already has this car as a 3D model and the GT5 showroom, it's easy to make a picture like that.

EDIT: And now a new user with 3 posts telling us he filmed it. I'm curious, but still sceptical.

I'm working on getting a better picture..

..If these loading times don't make me break my PS3 :grumpy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back