"Car of the Month November" - Maserati Gran Turismo S

@ Ridox2JZGTE
FORTUNE AUTO Maserati Granturismo MC Stradale 2013 460HP version
Tuned to replicate FORTUNE AUTO Maserati Granturismo MC Stradale 460HP
Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

I always find it hard to do a review of a replica, I keep letting my competitive side of my brain dictate what I should be looking for. So I hope by now that you know how to read between the lines that I write.

Tsukuba:
Very nice balance between the front and the rear, good grip, you know it almost feels like a sunday drive (almost:lol:). The hairpin turn is a bit of drag because it’s such a weighty car:(, but that's just the way some cars are, it’s not an Elise and it shouldn’t be. I know the gears are from IRL, but I don’t like them:grumpy:, I like feeling some kick when I change gears and I just don’t feel any, than again this is more of a luxury car than a true sports car, and it drives according to what it is:tup:. The high rate suspension makes the car feel lighter than it is while not losing grip, there is a slight kick from the MLSD (I think:odd:) when coming out of curves with a little to much push:guilty: (car jolts in the opposite direction), it happened a few times but I couldn't see what I was doing different on those occasions, and this is a minor jolt and is easily catchable.

Deep Forest:
A tuning can be great on 80% of the tracks and be ordinary on the other 20%, very rare that it will be perfect for all, The car is still smooth here, and if your a good driver and you take the right lines, the right braking zones, wait until the apex to accelerate, bring up the throttle evenly up, you’ll do great with this car. Alas it’s me the driver:eek:, I push:tup:, exceed the limits:tup:👍, and when I wipe out I say “ oh, da...:mad:.:banghead:..:crazy:.:guilty:.:dopey:.:ill:.:mad:.:dunce:.”. The high spring rates can make you lose control on some of the bumps, once the surprise factor gone, you learn pretty quick to let go the gas just before the bump and floor it after. In general it was very good here, just missing a little, ..sparkle. Most cars I've tried here so far have quite some difficulty here, but don't start tuning it for here, it's the last time I use this track for reviews, at least for a while.

Special Stage Route 5
This is a cool track for this car, when you get into the zone it feels like slalom skiing, funny thing here, didn’t feel the transmission was holding me down:confused:, just enough grip and slide to have a great time. On at least 5 laps I lost at least 0.500 seconds do to over exuberance, lack of focus, wife walking by with nothing on just to make me crash, cat meowing for the sake of meowing, and again lack of focus. You really have to try it here and tell me about it. I really like this combination of car/track 👍👍👍

Summary
The one thing that impressed me about this tune was the spring balance, nice job, personally I’d run higher BB, but maybe (just maybe) running them lower might make me a better driver. Oh forgot to mention I used abs1 this time, I know, shame on me but I had a good excuse, I just can’t remember it. If I was to give a rating on this car, and I would base myself on the one I made, well yours is at least twice as good so in theory I would give you 4/10, but that doesn’t sound right, so I’ll go with 7.5/10

I get bored pretty easily so I try do things differently so as not to fall in a rut, So this and the next reviews I do will be a little different from the last time (october). Which brings me to the next topic, since we all do this for fun (I hope that this applies to you) I thought of adding a little something, just for the fun of it. It’s the

CRITIC’S CHALLENGE

Rules:
1. I choose the track, conditions, and time trial regulations.
2. Tuner and reviewer use the reviewed car for the time trial.
3. Times are posted by each of the drivers, there is a gentleman’s agreement that each person will put down the true time.
4. You must have fun doing this, this is not an option.

CHALLENGE #1 Flu Fever (@Ridox2JZGTE vs TurnLeft )

1. Track: Matterhorn Short Track
2. Car tuned as is with Sports Medium Tires.
3. Course Settings: Weather at Race Start = 100%,
4. Surface at Race Start = 100%,
5. Grip reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge = Real
6. No driving aids what so ever, nothing, nada, no abs, SRF,TC, Active Steering, ControlSensitivity, you get the picture.
7. 5 laps, best time wins. Laps invalid don’t count. Good Luck.

TurnLeft’s super lap time is 0:36.737 (I had a lap at 0:35.5xx but went off track on the last curve.)

Advice: start off slowly on first gear:tup:, and keep driving on 1st gear all the way to defeat.:lol::lol::lol:

PS. Bring an umbrella, your going to need it after you crashed out and you’ll have to walk back to the pit stop, wouldn’t want you to catch a cold.

As I post this you're probable asleep, so good morning, :cheers: (replace the beer mug with a coffee mug)

@shaunm80 as soon as I can I will do one of yours.:mischievous:

@ Ridox2JZGTE
FORTUNE AUTO Maserati Granturismo MC Stradale 2013 460HP version
Tuned to replicate FORTUNE AUTO Maserati Granturismo MC Stradale 460HP
Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

I always find it hard to do a review of a replica, I keep letting my competitive side of my brain dictate what I should be looking for. So I hope by now that you know how to read between the lines that I write.

Tsukuba:
Very nice balance between the front and the rear, good grip, you know it almost feels like a sunday drive (almost:lol:). The hairpin turn is a bit of drag because it’s such a weighty car:(, but that's just the way some cars are, it’s not an Elise and it shouldn’t be. I know the gears are from IRL, but I don’t like them:grumpy:, I like feeling some kick when I change gears and I just don’t feel any, than again this is more of a luxury car than a true sports car, and it drives according to what it is:tup:. The high rate suspension makes the car feel lighter than it is while not losing grip, there is a slight kick from the MLSD (I think:odd:) when coming out of curves with a little to much push:guilty: (car jolts in the opposite direction), it happened a few times but I couldn't see what I was doing different on those occasions, and this is a minor jolt and is easily catchable.

Deep Forest:
A tuning can be great on 80% of the tracks and be ordinary on the other 20%, very rare that it will be perfect for all, The car is still smooth here, and if your a good driver and you take the right lines, the right braking zones, wait until the apex to accelerate, bring up the throttle evenly up, you’ll do great with this car. Alas it’s me the driver:eek:, I push:tup:, exceed the limits:tup:👍, and when I wipe out I say “ oh, da...:mad:.:banghead:..:crazy:.:guilty:.:dopey:.:ill:.:mad:.:dunce:.”. The high spring rates can make you lose control on some of the bumps, once the surprise factor gone, you learn pretty quick to let go the gas just before the bump and floor it after. In general it was very good here, just missing a little, ..sparkle. Most cars I've tried here so far have quite some difficulty here, but don't start tuning it for here, it's the last time I use this track for reviews, at least for a while.

Special Stage Route 5
This is a cool track for this car, when you get into the zone it feels like slalom skiing, funny thing here, didn’t feel the transmission was holding me down:confused:, just enough grip and slide to have a great time. On at least 5 laps I lost at least 0.500 seconds do to over exuberance, lack of focus, wife walking by with nothing on just to make me crash, cat meowing for the sake of meowing, and again lack of focus. You really have to try it here and tell me about it. I really like this combination of car/track 👍👍👍

Summary
The one thing that impressed me about this tune was the spring balance, nice job, personally I’d run higher BB, but maybe (just maybe) running them lower might make me a better driver. Oh forgot to mention I used abs1 this time, I know, shame on me but I had a good excuse, I just can’t remember it. If I was to give a rating on this car, and I would base myself on the one I made, well yours is at least twice as good so in theory I would give you 4/10, but that doesn’t sound right, so I’ll go with 7.5/10

I get bored pretty easily so I try do things differently so as not to fall in a rut, So this and the next reviews I do will be a little different from the last time (october). Which brings me to the next topic, since we all do this for fun (I hope that this applies to you) I thought of adding a little something, just for the fun of it. It’s the

CRITIC’S CHALLENGE

Rules:
1. I choose the track, conditions, and time trial regulations.
2. Tuner and reviewer use the reviewed car for the time trial.
3. Times are posted by each of the drivers, there is a gentleman’s agreement that each person will put down the true time.
4. You must have fun doing this, this is not an option.

6. No driving aids what so ever, nothing, nada, no abs, SRF,TC, Active Steering, ControlSensitivity, you get the picture.

TurnLeft’s super lap time is 0:36.737 (I had a lap at 0:35.5xx but went off track on the last curve.)

Advice: start off slowly on first gear:tup:, and keep driving on 1st gear all the way to defeat.:lol::lol::lol:

PS. Bring an umbrella, your going to need it after you crashed out and you’ll have to walk back to the pit stop, wouldn’t want you to catch a cold.

As I post this you're probable asleep, so good morning, :cheers: (replace the beer mug with a coffee mug)

@shaunm80 as soon as I can I will do one of yours.:mischievous:

I have fun reading the reviews again :) 👍 Thank you for the good read, great feedback. The real highlight about the car is indeed the spring rate, the value is based on real life recommendation by Fortune Auto for track oriented Gran Turismo S. The rates are high as it was intended for smooth tracks, but it can still be adapted to bumpy tracks or tweaked for more grip with damper tuning. Did you do the test with original alignment or the new update street alignment ? Did you install racing brakes ? :)

For this :

Challenge accepted :mischievous::cool: I ran the car with same spec ( street alignment, no racing brakes ), but it has no oil change power ( oil worn out at 438HP/493PP, an oil change will bring it back to 460HP/500PP), and I did 34.847 on 1st lap of the 5 lap run, it was also my best :eek:, averaging low 35s :embarrassed: Only had a few minutes to play, so I took some picture after that and saved the replay and best lap replay.

I use no aids like the rule said, steering sensitivity set at 0 as well. Grip Real, all 100% weather + water. SM tire, also set the time to morning 8:30 AM, with 49/51F track temperature ( cold ). Thanks again for the challenge, I had good fun, even for about 5 minutes :lol: Reminds me again of a online wet races back in GT5 days.

More tips for the Challenge that should be useful for other tracks or conditions :

1. Feel / get in tune with the way the engine deliver the power ( torque curve ), certain rpm range are prone to lighting up the rear tire on the water drenched track. Going 50-60% throttle at these rpm will help to maintain traction and keep accelerating smoothly. Getting in synergy with the engine is very rewarding feeling. Use 2nd and 3rd gear with care. Right off the start line, the Maserati can make use of the 3rd gear with good throttle control and reach 70mph going up hill.
Matterhorn Short Track.jpg

2. :) Maintaining balance on the slight up hill is paramount, delicate steering to bring the car on the left side is crucial to stage for the braking into the 1st tight right turn. The 50M Bllue Sign is a good brake marker. Let the car glide upon entry, no sudden steering or throttle.
Matterhorn Short Track_1.jpg

3.Use the engine brake to your advantage. I only used it mildly on my run, aggressive yet tactical use of it will easily keep the car in composure during braking on the tight right turns and keeping the momentum as well as speed as high as possible.
Matterhorn Short Track_3.jpg

4. The short downhill straight is a good place to reduce lap time with little risk, simply use 2nd gear and try to accelerate as hard as you can without spinning the rear tires. Be ready to brake for the 2nd right turn. A good run would touch 60mph here. Easy on the brake and try to keep speed as high as possible.
Matterhorn Short Track_2.jpg

5. Keep to the left until you reach the intersection ( the most fun part of this track :) ) You will reach over 60mph at the very least and brake slightly for the double right hander that leads to finish. Entering the 1st right should be done at about 50mph. Gradually slowing down to maintain front traction and keep the throttle at around half, maintain speed up to the exit. Be very careful with the slight elevation changes, increasing the throttle very smoothly and maintain minimum steering angle. Once you are straight, rev up, about 70% throttle would do the trick, to reach the finish and aim to for 3rd gear for another lap.
Matterhorn Short Track_4.jpg

Download the best lap replay below for reference, the picture was taken from the replay. :cheers:

Attachments

• MaseratiMCStradale34sMatterhornShort.zip
    182.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I have fun reading the reviews again :) 👍 Thank you for the good read, great feedback. The real highlight about the car is indeed the spring rate, the value is based on real life recommendation by Fortune Auto for track oriented Gran Turismo S. The rates are high as it was intended for smooth tracks, but it can still be adapted to bumpy tracks or tweaked for more grip with damper tuning. Did you do the test with original alignment or the new update street alignment ? Did you install racing brakes ? :)

For this :

Challenge accepted :mischievous::cool: I ran the car with same spec ( street alignment, no racing brakes ), but it has no oil change power ( oil worn out at 438HP/493PP, an oil change will bring it back to 460HP/500PP), and I did 34.847 on 1st lap of the 5 lap run, it was also my best :eek:, averaging low 35s :embarrassed: Only had a few minutes to play, so I took some picture after that and saved the replay and best lap replay.

I use no aids like the rule said, steering sensitivity set at 0 as well. Grip Real, all 100% weather + water. SM tire, also set the time to morning 8:30 AM, with 49/51F track temperature ( cold ). Thanks again for the challenge, I had good fun, even for about 5 minutes :lol: Reminds me again of a online wet races back in GT5 days.

More tips for the Challenge that should be useful for other tracks or conditions :

1. Feel / get in tune with the way the engine deliver the power ( torque curve ), certain rpm range are prone to lighting up the rear tire on the water drenched track. Going 50-60% throttle at these rpm will help to maintain traction and keep accelerating smoothly. Getting in synergy with the engine is very rewarding feeling. Use 2nd and 3rd gear with care. Right off the start line, the Maserati can make use of the 3rd gear with good throttle control and reach 70mph going up hill.

2. :) Maintaining balance on the slight up hill is paramount, delicate steering to bring the car on the left side is crucial to stage for the braking into the 1st tight right turn. The 50M Bllue Sign is a good brake marker. Let the car glide upon entry, no sudden steering or throttle.

3.Use the engine brake to your advantage. I only used it mildly on my run, aggressive yet tactical use of it will easily keep the car in composure during braking on the tight right turns and keeping the momentum as well as speed as high as possible.

4. The short downhill straight is a good place to reduce lap time with little risk, simply use 2nd gear and try to accelerate as hard as you can without spinning the rear tires. Be ready to brake for the 2nd right turn. A good run would touch 60mph here. Easy on the brake and try to keep speed as high as possible.

5. Keep to the left until you reach the intersection ( the most fun part of this track :) ) You will reach over 60mph at the very least and brake slightly for the double right hander that leads to finish. Entering the 1st right should be done at about 50mph. Gradually slowing down to maintain front traction and keep the throttle at around half, maintain speed up to the exit. Be very careful with the slight elevation changes, increasing the throttle very smoothly and maintain minimum steering angle. Once you are straight, rev up, about 70% throttle would do the trick, to reach the finish and aim to for 3rd gear for another lap.

Download the best lap replay below for reference, the picture was taken from the replay. :cheers:
I used this setup:
*Suspension - FORTUNE AUTO 510 Series GEN 4 Racing *Coilover Kit with Swift Springs

*Front, Rear
*Ride Height: 105 100
*Spring Rate: 14.00 10.00
*Dampers (Compression): 5 7
*Dampers (Extension): 4 7
*Anti-Roll Bars: 2 3
*Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2 ( use zero camber all around for max grip )
*Toe Angle: -0.07 0.07
Since this is a replica I used standard brakes, didn't cut the corners for this only for the abs.

I downloaded the file, but how do I do to view it???????????????

oh yeah, give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar,:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:...........em..... aah........great lap my friend:tup:, it's a good thing that you did better than me, or you would have never heard the end of it :lol:, and thanks for the real driving tips, I drive with automatic but I'll retry with manual, just hope I don't blow the engine:scared:.

:cheers:

I used this setup:
*Suspension - FORTUNE AUTO 510 Series GEN 4 Racing *Coilover Kit with Swift Springs

*Front, Rear
*Ride Height: 105 100
*Spring Rate: 14.00 10.00
*Dampers (Compression): 5 7
*Dampers (Extension): 4 7
*Anti-Roll Bars: 2 3
*Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2 ( use zero camber all around for max grip )
*Toe Angle: -0.07 0.07
Since this is a replica I used standard brakes, didn't cut the corners for this only for the abs.

I downloaded the file, but how do I do to view it???????????????

oh yeah, give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar,:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:...........em..... aah........great lap my friend:tup:, it's a good thing that you did better than me, or you would have never heard the end of it :lol:, and thanks for the real driving tips, I drive with automatic but I'll retry with manual, just hope I don't blow the engine:scared:.

The alignment that you used was from original setup :) I used this on my run, you should try it as well. With more laps on manual, you should shave at least another second :)

Maserati Street Alignment : ( Highly Recommended )
Camber Angle : 1.0 2.0 ( Front : 0.00 to 1.0, Rear : 1.0 to 2.0 )
Toe Angle : -0.03 0.11 ( Front Toe Out : -0.03 to -0.13, Rear Toe In : 0.11 to 0.20 )

Who's Caesar ? :lol:

Last edited:
@Bowtie-muscle

600pp (RH) Touring Car Version - here

Review.

Before I even got into the car, I knew the car you had would fell similar to the tune I created around Silverstone GP. I must say, I was not disappointed with the drive it gave. I had the confidence to push into corners and not worry too much about going off track. This tune was quite forgiving if you were on the wrong line, it would smoke the rear tyres, slide around and let you feather the gas till you were back on the right line. The only thing I noticed was very slight understeer in some corners (1 or 2 slow corners) but I sort of expect that with big Touring cars if I'm honest so thats no big criticism. It had a little rear over-rotation (causing the smoking tyres) but again, not a criticism as that helped the car rotate at speed on most of the long sweeping bends. This car is extremely balanced and subtle in the way it goes about things. Being honest, I would struggle to decide which car to take the GT3 races. Yours or mine. they both feel similar and both are as forgiving. Excellent job on this one :)

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

Last edited:
@Bowtie-muscle

550pp (SS) - here

Review 1: Laguna Seca

Test at Laguna Seca - As I did not know where this car was tested, I first decided to take it to a fast flowing track which would test all aspects of this car. Although this car felt planted and had good rotation, it would sometimes not be as precise as I would expect and i would have to feather the throttle mid corner to bring it back on to the racing line. I know this track well and have done many miles around it so I can usually get a car to run good here. I gave this car 3-4 laps and found that if I hit the apex perfectly, it responded perfectly, if i was off the apex by a foot, the rear would either try and over steer or the car would understeer towards the dust..

Perhaps this is my driving style and not the car, If someone else tests this car, it may show that it my dodgy driving. I would very much like to proved wrong about this as overall, I enjoyed the grip level this car had, the brakes were excellent and that transmission setup worked really well. It isn't a car that I could say that I had my full confidence in when going into a corner but I enjoyed the driving sensation it gave me.

Not a bad car, there are a lot of positives to be seen from this tune but for me, the slight understeer or over steer which needed correctly if you were slightly off apex prevented this car from being a perfect 550PP tune for me. I have to say, I really DO like this tune, I love the grip it has, it was just lacking the smoothness on corner exit which I really enjoy.

I am looking forward to another review of this, see if it is me who was looking too close, or just my driving style didn't suit the tune.

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.jpg

Review 2: Suzuka Circuit

I felt that I had not really done this car justice. Perhaps the track wasn't right so I took it to a track that this car should suit. Suzuka, Japan. - Currently testing now so will update shortly.

Update:

I take back some of what I said about the tune at Laguna Seca. The car still has small elements of understeer on some of the longer flowing corners which needed correctly but not nearly as much as Laguna Seca. The oversteer I detected in review 1 was still there, it made a lot of smoke when cornering the esses at full pelt. The car had more than enough grip to corner at speed but it did create a lot of wheel spin when changing direction through the esses. Again I say that I really like the tune. It has a lot of elements which I enjoy as a driver, it is certainly exciting to drive and puts a smile on your face, for me, it boils down to the confidence to push into the corners, It was lacking a tiny bit in that area. for me, this car is a 8 out of 10. It has oodles of grip, the brakes are amazingly good and the transmission is seamlessly sublime. If I could push through the corners a little more, this would definitely be a 9 out of 10 and perhaps a 10.. Great work on this car @Bowtie-muscle. You always seem to create cars I can get into a rhythm with more or less straight away.

Again, I'm not slating this car as it is good, i would however like to see what others think of it. :)

Last edited:
- Maserati Gran Tourismo S '08
Circuit_de_Spa_Francorchamps_1.jpg

NOTE: My friends testers could not complete my tune, my G27 wheel over, then it is difficult to catch now control can not drive anymore.

Specifications
Performance Points:
550 PP
Max. Power:
597 HP
Weight:
1432 kg
Weight Distribution (F/R):
49 : 51
Displacement:
4.691 cc
Max. Torque:
455 ft-lb
Drivetrain:
FR
Game Version:
Controller Type:
Steering Wheel
Tires
Tires (Front):
Sports: Soft
Tires (Rear):
Sports: Soft
Parts & Modifications
Aero Kit:
Type A
Wheel Model:
RAYS 57Xtreme
Wheel Size:
+1
Suspension Kit:
Height-Adjustable, Fully Customizable Suspension
Transmission:
Fully-Customizable Transmission
Clutch:
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Engine:
Stage 2
Exhaust:
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Turbo Kits:
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit
Weight Reduction:
Stage 3
Other Parts:

• Racing Brake Kit
    • Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
    • Fully-Customizable Mechanical Limited-Slip Differential
    • Intake Tuning
    • Isometric Exhaust Manifold
    • Catalytic Converter: Sports
Suspension
Ride Height (F/R):
89 / 86
Spring Rate (F/R):
7.35 / 8.35
Dampers - Comp. (F/R):
7 / 9
Dampers - Ext. (F/R):
3 / 2
Anti-Roll Bars (F/R):
6 / 5
Camber Angle (F/R):
0.0 / 0.7
Toe Angle (F/R):
0.10 / -0.30
Brake Balance (F/R):
4 / 3
Transmission
Max. Speed:
360 kph
1st Gear:
2nd Gear:
3rd Gear:
4th Gear:
5th Gear:
6th Gear:
Final Gear:
Drivetrain
Initial Torque (F/R):
00 / 08
Accel. Sensitivity (F/R):
00 / 12
Braking Sensitivity (F/R):
00 / 05
F/R Torque Distribution:
49 : 51
Power
Power Limiter:
99.5%
Body
Ballast Weight:
97 kg
Ballast Position:
-20%
Driving Aids
Traction Control:
ABS Level:

I made an educated guess that this car was tuned at Spa.. I think I am right as this car was extremely fun around that track. I am going to be honest, TCS 0, ABS 1 was not working for me, I kept losing the rear of the car under any acceleration from any corner and binning any good lap I had going on. I set TCS to 1 and that made the world of difference to me. I still had smoke pouring out from the rear tyre that had the weight transfer on it but i found the car easy to correct when a slide did take place.

I think that perhaps you are an alien driver.. Your tune is very precise, a little too precise for my podgy paws to extract the most out of, I did detect hints of understeer on some corners but nothing that put me off too much, easy to sort out. I had some tank slappers of oversteer which made the drive really fun but ultimately cost me lap time. I must say, apart from the oversteer which I struggled to manipulate to my own benefit, I thoroughly enjoyed this car. I could really throw this car into long flowing corners around spa and keep it on the racing line effortlessly. No understeer or oversteer present in those corners what so ever. A joy to drive through some sections of the track.

I must say, a very good attempt, not really my preferred driving style, a little too on the edge for my liking but for better drivers out there, this car would be a pleasure and they would probably love every aspect of it. Its a good job there have been a lot of drift seasonals recently, it helped with sorting out oversteer issues as the image will show :) Nice job. A great car, unfortunately, a little too alien for me personally.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to others who I haven't been able to test/review. unfortunately, my time is divided between uni work, spending time with the wife and attempting to finish off my FITT entries. If I get chance later this month, I shall give some of the other tunes a go but I can't make any promises on that. I have a dedicated test Maserati which I am going to keep hold off, just incase I do find some time.

I would like to say good job to all of the tunes submitted. If my reviews sounded slightly negative, its probably because I am not normally a tester. I know what I look for in a good tune and in all the tests I have done today, I have found elements of each of my preferences in the tunes. Good job all round, I am very impressed with the quality of tunes created for this excellent machine.

@Bowtie-muscle

600pp (RH) Touring Car Version - here

Review.

Before I even got into the car, I knew the car you had would fell similar to the tune I created around Silverstone GP. I must say, I was not disappointed with the drive it gave. I had the confidence to push into corners and not worry too much about going off track. This tune was quite forgiving if you were on the wrong line, it would smoke the rear tyres, slide around and let you feather the gas till you were back on the right line. The only thing I noticed was very slight understeer in some corners (1 or 2 slow corners) but I sort of expect that with big Touring cars if I'm honest so thats no big criticism. It had a little rear over-rotation (causing the smoking tyres) but again, not a criticism as that helped the car rotate at speed on most of the long sweeping bends. This car is extremely balanced and subtle in the way it goes about things. Being honest, I would struggle to decide which car to take the GT3 races. Yours or mine. they both feel similar and both are as forgiving. Excellent job on this one :)

View attachment 251938
To be honest, I thought this was the best and most fun of the three I posted, and I really did not do much other than guess at the settings first and then make a few adjustments. It was done after deciding on the Aston and Jag for the British Invasion and set up to compete with more power and less torque. The weight is the same, so I tried it at Silverstone GP and was faster than both the others although they were also only rough tuned. It gave me a time to shoot for in the others, even if the tail can get a little happy at times and front understeer is present. With 1400kgs and that wheel base, I expect some understeer and actually prefer the touch of it that it has. Thank you for the review. :)
@Bowtie-muscle

550pp (SS) - here

Review 1: Laguna Seca

Test at Laguna Seca - As I did not know where this car was tested, I first decided to take it to a fast flowing track which would test all aspects of this car. Although this car felt planted and had good rotation, it would sometimes not be as precise as I would expect and i would have to feather the throttle mid corner to bring it back on to the racing line. I know this track well and have done many miles around it so I can usually get a car to run good here. I gave this car 3-4 laps and found that if I hit the apex perfectly, it responded perfectly, if i was off the apex by a foot, the rear would either try and over steer or the car would understeer towards the dust..

Perhaps this is my driving style and not the car, If someone else tests this car, it may show that it my dodgy driving. I would very much like to proved wrong about this as overall, I enjoyed the grip level this car had, the brakes were excellent and that transmission setup worked really well. It isn't a car that I could say that I had my full confidence in when going into a corner but I enjoyed the driving sensation it gave me.

Not a bad car, there are a lot of positives to be seen from this tune but for me, the slight understeer or over steer which needed correctly if you were slightly off apex prevented this car from being a perfect 550PP tune for me. I have to say, I really DO like this tune, I love the grip it has, it was just lacking the smoothness on corner exit which I really enjoy.

I am looking forward to another review of this, see if it is me who was looking too close, or just my driving style didn't suit the tune.

View attachment 251939

Review 2: Suzuka Circuit

I felt that I had not really done this car justice. Perhaps the track wasn't right so I took it to a track that this car should suit. Suzuka, Japan. - Currently testing now so will update shortly.

Update:

I take back some of what I said about the tune at Laguna Seca. The car still has small elements of understeer on some of the longer flowing corners which needed correctly but not nearly as much as Laguna Seca. The oversteer I detected in review 1 was still there, it made a lot of smoke when cornering the esses at full pelt. The car had more than enough grip to corner at speed but it did create a lot of wheel spin when changing direction through the esses. Again I say that I really like the tune. It has a lot of elements which I enjoy as a driver, it is certainly exciting to drive and puts a smile on your face, for me, it boils down to the confidence to push into the corners, It was lacking a tiny bit in that area. for me, this car is a 8 out of 10. It has oodles of grip, the brakes are amazingly good and the transmission is seamlessly sublime. If I could push through the corners a little more, this would definitely be a 9 out of 10 and perhaps a 10.. Great work on this car @Bowtie-muscle. You always seem to create cars I can get into a rhythm with more or less straight away.

Again, I'm not slating this car as it is good, i would however like to see what others think of it. :)
This one on the other hand, was kind of a - yeah that will work - kind of tune. I liked it but was not totally satisfied. Ran it at Silverstone International where I like to test most of my 550pp tunes and it was 1 second off most of the others. Looking at the spring rates of the 3, I think I missed a touch on this one so no apologies needed, and not harsh enough to offend. Reassures me that I need to revisit and fix some minor flaws. Busy with this, life, work and of course the FITT challenge so it was a little rushed, not real bad, but rushed so I apologize.
Anyway, thank you and great reviews for someone who is not normally a tester :cheers:

**now if only there was a way to get you to test the Pro Tourers,;) hmmm..........maybe.......think about it........have 14 days to test:dopey:..........

To be honest, I thought this was the best and most fun of the three I posted, and I really did not do much other than guess at the settings first and then make a few adjustments. It was done after deciding on the Aston and Jag for the British Invasion and set up to compete with more power and less torque. The weight is the same, so I tried it at Silverstone GP and was faster than both the others although they were also only rough tuned. It gave me a time to shoot for in the others, even if the tail can get a little happy at times and front understeer is present. With 1400kgs and that wheel base, I expect some understeer and actually prefer the touch of it that it has. Thank you for the review. :)

This one on the other hand, was kind of a - yeah that will work - kind of tune. I liked it but was not totally satisfied. Ran it at Silverstone International where I like to test most of my 550pp tunes and it was 1 second off most of the others. Looking at the spring rates of the 3, I think I missed a touch on this one so no apologies needed, and not harsh enough to offend. Reassures me that I need to revisit and fix some minor flaws. Busy with this, life, work and of course the FITT challenge so it was a little rushed, not real bad, but rushed so I apologize.
Anyway, thank you and great reviews for someone who is not normally a tester :cheers:

**now if only there was a way to get you to test the Pro Tourers,;) hmmm..........maybe.......think about it........have 14 days to test:dopey:..........
Ill consider it... The testing that is. I will have to see what time I have available when testing begins. How many testers do you currently have lined up for pro touring class?

No worries about the review. Your touring car was awesome. I really would have a hard decision choosing between them. I know your busy but if you get chance, id be interested to know how my 550PP SS tune (aero or non-aero version) behaves in your opinion. Hopefully someone else will give your 550PP SS a tune too so I can see what they will make of it. I did my best but I openly admit that I am not the greatest driver out there. :)

Ill consider it... The testing that is. I will have to see what time I have available when testing begins. How many testers do you currently have lined up for pro touring class?

No worries about the review. Your touring car was awesome. I really would have a hard decision choosing between them. I know your busy but if you get chance, id be interested to know how my 550PP SS tune (aero or non-aero version) behaves in your opinion. Hopefully someone else will give your 550PP SS a tune too so I can see what they will make of it. I did my best but I openly admit that I am not the greatest driver out there. :)
Hopefully I will get to your 550pp soon, going to try anyway.
As for the Pro class, only 2 testers, me and @DolHaus with @Otaliema as a maybe if time permits.

Hopefully I will get to your 550pp soon, going to try anyway.
As for the Pro class, only 2 testers, me and @DolHaus with @Otaliema as a maybe if time permits.
Put me down for if time permits.. I will try and test a few a day if I can't do them in one go. Ill give testing a go, my times will definitely be slower than others but thats because I'm AT transmission. Ill reply to the FITT challenge to let you know in there too. :)

Put me down for if time permits.. I will try and test a few a day if I can't do them in one go. Ill give testing a go, my times will definitely be slower than others but thats because I'm AT transmission. Ill reply to the FITT challenge to let you know in there too. :)
If you are a touch slower that is fine, they will all have the same treatment. Look at Otaliema's GT times, slower than some but consistent across the board. Then look at some of the times Lionheart and MrGrado or even praiano put up, I usually cannot match them. But that is what testing is about, different drivers with different syles. Not likely to be too many entries,

I made an educated guess that this car was tuned at Spa.. I think I am right as this car was extremely fun around that track. I am going to be honest, TCS 0, ABS 1 was not working for me, I kept losing the rear of the car under any acceleration from any corner and binning any good lap I had going on. I set TCS to 1 and that made the world of difference to me. I still had smoke pouring out from the rear tyre that had the weight transfer on it but i found the car easy to correct when a slide did take place.

I think that perhaps you are an alien driver.. Your tune is very precise, a little too precise for my podgy paws to extract the most out of, I did detect hints of understeer on some corners but nothing that put me off too much, easy to sort out. I had some tank slappers of oversteer which made the drive really fun but ultimately cost me lap time. I must say, apart from the oversteer which I struggled to manipulate to my own benefit, I thoroughly enjoyed this car. I could really throw this car into long flowing corners around spa and keep it on the racing line effortlessly. No understeer or oversteer present in those corners what so ever. A joy to drive through some sections of the track.

I must say, a very good attempt, not really my preferred driving style, a little too on the edge for my liking but for better drivers out there, this car would be a pleasure and they would probably love every aspect of it. Its a good job there have been a lot of drift seasonals recently, it helped with sorting out oversteer issues as the image will show :) Nice job. A great car, unfortunately, a little too alien for me personally.

View attachment 251940
- First thank you for driving it, all my tunings always leave my car with the rear feel more loose the car corrects itself with more precision .but in this case as I wrote in previous postagen where I could not complete my line because my G27 wheel not working more .I have to buy another .but his conclusion was clear-cut. Thank you friend.:cheers:

- First thank you for driving it, all my tunings always leave my car with the rear feel more loose the car corrects itself with more precision .but in this case as I wrote in previous postagen where I could not complete my line because my G27 wheel not working more .I have to buy another .but his conclusion was clear-cut. Thank you friend.:cheers:
No worries, I am sure that this tune will be epic in a better persons hands. Of that I have no doubt, If I could exploit your tune, I would love it even more. It does have a lot of speed in it which I just couldn't access (through no fault of yours). As I say, I hope it gets another review by someone else :)

Review FORTUNE AUTO Maserati Granturismo MC TROFEO 2013 Replica - Tuned to replicate Granturismo Maserati Corse Trofeo 2013 521PP
by @Ridox2JZGTE

Sports Soft to Racing Hard
As i'm not a guy of many words, this is my review for "Car of the Month" Maserati GranTurismo '08, thread by @Bowtie-muscle, based on real life replica of GT4 Maserati.

OK, here we go:

The tuner - As we all know, if you wanna a faithful replica in GT6 of a real car, here is only one tuner for it, @Ridox2JZGTE... This is not the 1st replica I have of his garage in mine, as a matter of fact, I have several of it, each one better then the other... From a simple road car to an amazing Porsche GT specs, a special car for me in that famous Spa rain seasonal... :) Since it was not the first replica, I was almost sure it would great as many others... Let's see if that happened...

The car - Made exactly has the tuner specs (color, tune and specs), it is a fine replica of the TROFEO car. And the rims... :drool:

Gemasolar.jpgGemasolar_1.jpgGemasolar_2.jpg

As I am a bit crazy, I decided for the most radical suspension settings:
  • ALTERNATIVE SETUP BASED ON GT4 ALIGNMENT Suspension - FORTUNE AUTO 510 Series GEN 4 Racing Coilover Kit with ID 65 Swift Springs
That unbeliavable 3.0 front camber angle gives the car na agressive look and makes you wonder: "How can it make any corner!? Well, it does, and very well by the way...

The review - It will be done in 2 ways, first info regarding SS tyres and after RH. The car has a reference track of Silverstone GP, so obviously that was the choice:

SS (Sports Soft)

1st - A time trial - the RL time reference was pole position of Andrea Cecchellero 2:11.550, the target:

Fastest lap on SS - 2:11:133 - Yes!! :sly: Faster .417 of second... :) It was almost a perfect lap, only with 1 or 2 mistakes, so I strongly believe that it will be faster...

DSC_0006.JPG

The car was awesome, plenty of grip and fast. Only attention was not to smash the throttle on exiting corners, because in lower gears (2nd below) some oversteer appeared. But it's perfectly natural, has it needs to be dealt has a race car...

To go even crazier, I decided to put it to the test and do the amazing race in MPanorama, from the IA License, PP max of 600PP against GT cars... :nervous:

Result : Success!! :D It was a hard race, have to admit, but the car did it, fast and with effort, for a much deserved win!

DSC_0007.JPG

RH (Racing Hards)
Instead of writting all again, just imagine all the good things in SS the car has and add even more grippy tires... The result (time trial) is this:

DSC_0008.JPG

2:07:741!!!!
That's right, and amazing and incredible (for me!) lap! It smashed the RL pole lap and it felt great!! :)

This review is starting to get extensive, so here is my overall thought of the car:
  • Real specs work great in GT6;
  • Grip, fast, stable and fun car to drive;
  • Capable of replicate RL and more;
  • AWESOOOMMME! :P
Note:
  • In bumpy tracks, some understeer may appear if pushed to the limits...

Hope that anyone who also review this car have so much fun as I, can do better then me (DS3 player) and I hope Mr. R can keep providing us great replicas!

Last edited:
Review FORTUNE AUTO Maserati Granturismo MC TROFEO 2013 Replica - Tuned to replicate Granturismo Maserati Corse Trofeo 2013 521PP
by @Ridox2JZGTE

Sports Soft to Racing Hard
As i'm not a guy of many words, this is my review for "Car of the Month" Maserati GranTurismo '08, thread by @Bowtie-muscle, based on real life replica of GT4 Maserati.

OK, here we go:

The tuner - As we all know, if you wanna a faithful replica in GT6 of a real car, here is only one tuner for it, @Ridox2JZGTE... This is not the 1st replica I have of his garage in mine, as a matter of fact, I have several of it, each one better then the other... From a simple road car to an amazing Porsche GT specs, a special car for me in that famous Spa rain seasonal... :) Since it was not the first replica, I was almost sure it would great as many others... Let's see if that happened...

The car - Made exactly has the tuner specs (color, tune and specs), it is a fine replica of the TROFEO car. And the rims... :drool:

View attachment 252212View attachment 252213View attachment 252214

As I am a bit crazy, I decided for the most radical suspension settings:
  • ALTERNATIVE SETUP BASED ON GT4 ALIGNMENT Suspension - FORTUNE AUTO 510 Series GEN 4 Racing Coilover Kit with ID 65 Swift Springs
That unbeliavable 3.0 front camber angle gives the car na agressive look and makes you wonder: "How can it make any corner!? Well, it does, and very well by the way...

The review - It will be done in 2 ways, first info regarding SS tyres and after RH. The car has a reference track of Silverstone GP, so obviously that was the choice:

SS (Sports Soft)

1st - A time trial - the RL time reference was pole position of Andrea Cecchellero 2:11.550, the target:

Fastest lap on SS - 2:11:133 - Yes!! :sly: Faster .417 of second... :) It was almost a perfect lap, only with 1 or 2 mistakes, so I strongly believe that it will be faster...

The car was awesome, plenty of grip and fast. Only attention was not to smash the throttle on exiting corners, because in lower gears (2nd below) some oversteer appeared. But it's perfectly natural, has it needs to be dealt has a race car...

To go even crazier, I decided to put it to the test and do the amazing race in MPanorama, from the IA License, PP max of 600PP against GT cars... :nervous:

Result : Success!! :D It was a hard race, have to admit, but the car did it, fast and with effort, for a much deserved win!

RH (Racing Hards)
Instead of writting all again, just imagine all the good things in SS the car has and add even more grippy tires... The result (time trial) is this:

View attachment 252219

2:07:741!!!!
That's right, and amazing and incredible (for me!) lap! It smashed the RL pole lap and it felt great!! :)

This review is starting to get extensive, so here is my overall thought of the car:
  • Real specs work great in GT6;
  • Grip, fast, stable and fun car to drive;
  • Capable of replicate RL and more;
  • AWESOOOMMME! :P
Note:
  • In bumpy tracks, some understeer may appear if pushed to the limits...

Hope that anyone who also review this car have so much fun as I, can do better then me (DS3 player) and I hope Mr. Orido can keep providing us great replicas!

All I can say, good job on the time and winning the race 👍, and thank you for the awesome pictures + reviews. I see that you are getting quicker :) low 2:11s is a very good time : cheers:

@LordJCS posted this in another thread - Exeter GT Tuning:

I've gone for your 500,550 and full aero 550 versions. There's gonna be some serious testing of those today.

My testing session yesterday evening was done with the 500 and 550 SS tunes by @@Bowtie-muscle .

From what i gathered the 500 was made for the seasonal at SSR5..

Very stable tune on an already stable car. Very forgiving on corner exits when you put the hammer down. A slight screech of the tires and a small wiggle and it straightens itself out. Good job! It got the job done with ease. There was however one thing about the tune that threw me off.. It suffers from mild mid-corner understeer in the the tunnel after the long straight.

I'm used to be able to "hug" the guardrail on the left in the tunnel but this car didn't really like that for some reason. Not sure if it's down to the tune or my choice of line through the tunnel. So i adapted my driving to the behaviour of the car and took a later apex through that corner and that was more to the car's liking.

Other than that i can't see anything wrong with the tune. There's one more test that needs to be done with it. The 500pp National A Clubman cup race at Matterhorn(600pp or less)

I use that race as a testbed for a lot of tunes. My latest test was with my own tune on a Renaultsport Clio V6 '00(premium) set at 400pp (made for the 400pp seasonal at Tsukuba). Easy win with that car.

Then there's the matter of the 550 tune from Mr @@Bowtie-muscle .

Took it out to Mt Panorama. (600pp or less)

What can i say.. It loved that track. Solid tune yet again. You just point it where you wanna go and it goes exactly where you want it to.

Review Maserati GranTurismo S'08 600pp (RH) "Touring Car Version", by @Bowtie-muscle
As i'm not a guy of many words, this is my review for "Car of the Month" Maserati GranTurismo '08, thread by @Bowtie-muscle, of the own 600PP "Touring Car" version.

OK, here we go:

The tuner - @Bowtie-muscle... Two things are certain for Mr. B., he likes muscle cars and if they can be in a gorgeous blue, even better... :D This is not the 1st tune I have of his garage in mine, as a matter of fact, I have several of "TC versions", each one better then the other... So I was curious about this new creation...

The car - Made exactly has the tuner specs (color, tune and specs), it is a blue beauty, just look at her...

Gemasolar.jpgGemasolar_1.jpgGemasolar_2.jpg
Before the review starts, just want to write that during this car test session, it turned out to be a wolf in sheep clothes... Someone might ask "Why?"... Well, the test session consisted on 2 full races on IA License 500PP (600PP) WTCC, being the tracks MPanorama and Tokyo R246, a bumpy and flat surface respectively.

So, to explain the meaning of "wolf" and "sheep", the review will be done by track, with thoughts on each race...

The review - 1st...

Tokyo R246 - The "sheep"

IMO, the best way to test the tune of any car is to do it in a flat surface and then on a bumpy one. Tokyo R246, the flat surface, gave me the feeling that the car was not at his full potential, during the race my impression was that it almost was afraid of racing... It was fast, the RH did the job they were supposed to, but I noticed some understeer during high speed cornering, result of some tyre pressure that, curiously was not present in MPanorama... So despite the good grip it had and great top speed, I sensed that the track was not suited for this car, wich was odd, it seemed like it was restraining the ride, making the race not that fun...

MPanorama - The "wolf"

Now this is a completely diferent story...
On this track the car became a ferocious wolf, a totally change. No understeer and no tyre pressure, in fact the steering was much more loose and precise, it cornered superbly. On the long straights, it easily reached the 310kmh (190mph) and it was very stable, being able to do the high speed cornering perfect.

It felt the Maserati was made for it, so precise and fun to drive, making it a sheep if driven correctly or a wolf that it would bite you if you did not respect it... Maybe one of the best races I had so far...

Only attention was the normal oversteer in low gears...

Overall conclusion
- Another great tune from Mr.B, almost 2 cars in one, able to give so different sensations and behaviour...

Hope that who tests this car can enjoy it has much as I did... :)

@shaunm80
Maserati Gran Turismo S '08 550PP SS

Used TC=1 and ABS =1 as per specs.

Tsukuba:

Good grip and on medium and fast curves it handles well:tup:. It does feel bulky at the hairpin curve and occasionally I was able to slide the rear a little on the last curve, not effective but sure is fun. I was faster with this car on this track than with your corvette I tried.

Deep Forest:

In general it handles good here, there are a few places on the track where the car literally skips over the bumps and you lose time from lack of contact with tarmac. Again it did better that the corvette, One particularity is it has trouble dealing with rumble strips, especially the ones on the last curve to the finish line.

Special Stage Route 5

This would be one of the good tracks for this car, I think that race tracks like Silverstone, Twin Ring Montegi and Fuji would also be well matched for it. The balance in the winding curves is very good 👍 and the acceleration out of curves is very linear.

Summary

I liked it more than the corvette you submitted, it was easier for me to feel it, and it handles so much better than mine. It will never handle like a 1000kg car, but that’s part of the charm of Luxury Sports Cars. Nice job shaunm80.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did this with Ridox, so if you’re up to it, feel free to participate.

CRITIC’S CHALLENGE

Rules:

1- I choose the track, conditions, and time trial regulations.
2- Tuner and reviewer use the reviewed car for the time trial.
3- Times are posted by each of the drivers, there is a gentleman’s agreement that each person will put down the true time.
4- You must have fun doing this:(, this is not an option:lol:.

CHALLENGE #2 Suicidal Tendencies ( shaunm80 vs TurnLeft)

1- Track: Twin Ring Montegi SuperSpeedway
2- Car tuned as is with Comfort Hard Tires.
3- Course Settings: Grip reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge = Real
4- No driving aids what so ever, nothing, nada, no abs, SRF,TC, Active Steering, ControlSensitivity, you get the picture.
5- 5 laps, best time wins. Laps invalid don’t count. Good Luck.

TurnLeft’s SUPER LAP TIME is 0:44.361 :crazy:

Advice: Floor it all the way:tup:.

Picture 5.png

Last edited:
@ Bowtie-muscle

Tsukuba:

I have to admit that I was a little disappointed when I tried your corvette, but it’s not the case here, Wow, it turns on a dime, it has good grip, and I love that engine sound. The only negative thing I could say is that the driver wasn’t up to par with this car, I wish I could have done faster laps.

Deep Forest:

Again, wow, it really holds on this track, you’ve done a great job with the cars balance. On this track any minor faults in the suspensions front/rear and left/right balance shows up, and there’s not much that show up here.

Special Stage Route 5

If the car would have not performed here I think I would have called it a night and redo it tomorrow. What do you want me to say more, it’s really that good. :bowdown:

Summary

This is more than what I was expecting, congratulations sir, you have a rare gem here 👍👍👍 . All that testing you do is surely helping you, don't stop making them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well you know about this, so if you can squeeze in 5 minutes somewhere, feel free to participate.

CRITIC’S CHALLENGE

Rules:

3- Times are posted by each of the drivers, there is a gentleman’s agreement that each person will put down the true time.
4- You must have fun doing this, this is not an option.

CHALLENGE #3 Flu Fever Sequel ( Bowtie-muscle vs TurnLeft)

1- Track: Autumn Ring Mini
2- Car tuned as is with Sports Soft Tires.
3-Course Settings: Weather at Race Start = 100%, Surface at Race Start = 100%, Grip reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge = Real
4- No driving aids what so ever, nothing, nada, no abs, SRF,TC, Active Steering, ControlSensitivity, you get the picture.

(I’m really curious to see how It will hold out in the rain)

TurnLeft’s Super Lap Time is 0:53.698

Advice: If you drive between the raindrops you’ll always be dry.

Picture 6.png

@ Bowtie-muscle

Tsukuba:

I have to admit that I was a little disappointed when I tried your corvette, but it’s not the case here, Wow, it turns on a dime, it has good grip, and I love that engine sound. The only negative thing I could say is that the driver wasn’t up to par with this car, I wish I could have done faster laps.

Deep Forest:

Again, wow, it really holds on this track, you’ve done a great job with the cars balance. On this track any minor faults in the suspensions front/rear and left/right balance shows up, and there’s not much that show up here.

Special Stage Route 5

If the car would have not performed here I think I would have called it a night and redo it tomorrow. What do you want me to say more, it’s really that good. :bowdown:

Summary

This is more than what I was expecting, congratulations sir, you have a rare gem here 👍👍👍 . All that testing you do is surely helping you, don't stop making them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well you know about this, so if you can squeeze in 5 minutes somewhere, feel free to participate.

CRITIC’S CHALLENGE

Rules:

4- You must have fun doing this, this is not an option.

CHALLENGE #3 Flu Fever Sequel ( Bowtie-muscle vs TurnLeft)

1- Track: Autumn Ring Mini
2- Car tuned as is with Sports Soft Tires.
3-Course Settings: Weather at Race Start = 100%, Surface at Race Start = 100%, Grip reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge = Real

(I’m really curious to see how It will hold out in the rain)

TurnLeft’s Super Lap Time is 0:53.698

Advice: If you drive between the raindrops you’ll always be dry.

View attachment 253142
Nice review, glad I did not disappoint you this time. I will accept the challenge, hopefully give it a run tomorrow.

Nice review, glad I did not disappoint you this time. I will accept the challenge, hopefully give it a run tomorrow.
When words are written they don't carry the tone and intonation we have in our minds while writing them, i was disappointed might not have been the best words to choose. I've tried other tunes you've made and know what kind of work you are capable off, but I understand that we can't always read a cars problems for all kinds of reasons, i was disappointed that you didn't make the corvette like this one, but if it takes that to make one like this, by all means do it more often:lol:. Glad you accepted the challenge, you know that you don't have to try your best.

Review from @LordJCS

@shaunm80

I'm done testing 3 of your (C.O.T.M)Maserati tunes.

500pp-SS
550pp-SS
550pp (Full Aero)-SS
---------------------------

500pp SS at SSR5 Seasonal.

Slightly different setup than Bowtie-muscle used on his, but still very similar behavior. By that i mean that it's very forgiving on the corner exits. Slight screech of the tires and a tiny wiggle and it sorts itself out, almost like magic.

The mild mid-corner understeer is present in this tune as well. I did try the same approach as before and took a later apex in that particular corner and it sortof got the job done. This has me a bit confused tbh. Not being able to pinpoint if it's because of the tune or my driving style. It feels like i need to get some more time behind the wheel of it and get to know "her" a bit better.

Won the event with ease posting solid mid 1:28's. Once i can nail the tunnel corner i'm sure i can dip even lower.

With that being said. I'd say that this is another great one of the ever growing list of enjoyable tunes that you've created.
------------------------------------

550pp SS at Mt Panorama.(National A Clubman cup)

You said in the tune notes that you left this one a bit loose in the rear department, that was no lie.
The rear end stepped out on me in almost every corner leaving the competition in what can only be described as a smokescreen.

The gearing was not suited for this track, but i grabbed the win regardless of that fact. Sure, i could've altered the final gear, but when i test tunes i tend to leave them as the tune sheet implies.

A bit wilder in the corners than Bowties's version, but i had a blast driving it.

(And just for good measure i took one of your older seasonal tunes out for a spin at that event, the 450pp NSX-R. Guess what happened?)
------------------------------------

550pp Full Aero at Mt Panorama.

Being a bit on the edge after driving your "loonigan" version i approached this one carefully. Totally uncalled for on my part because this was the complete opposite from the "loonigan".

More composed and well behaved and not prone to shaking "her" booty. Fun car to drive nonetheless.
Slight understeer at times,but i chalk it down to me going to fast into some of the corners. She did however become a tad unstable on the peak where she got lighter on her feet. That resulted in me sideswiping the walls. When she regained the weight she took "the dipper" section quite well.

Minor tweak on the final gear is needed on this one in order to make it on the straights.

Very enjoyable drive. But i'm used to you providing that with your tunes.
--------------------------------------------------

@shaunm80

Used TC=1 and ABS =1 as per specs.

Tsukuba:

Good grip and on medium and fast curves it handles well:tup:. It does feel bulky at the hairpin curve and occasionally I was able to slide the rear a little on the last curve, not effective but sure is fun. I was faster with this car on this track than with your corvette I tried.

Deep Forest:

In general it handles good here, there are a few places on the track where the car literally skips over the bumps and you lose time from lack of contact with tarmac. Again it did better that the corvette, One particularity is it has trouble dealing with rumble strips, especially the ones on the last curve to the finish line.

Special Stage Route 5

This would be one of the good tracks for this car, I think that race tracks like Silverstone, Twin Ring Montegi and Fuji would also be well matched for it. The balance in the winding curves is very good 👍 and the acceleration out of curves is very linear.

Summary

I liked it more than the corvette you submitted, it was easier for me to feel it, and it handles so much better than mine. It will never handle like a 1000kg car, but that’s part of the charm of Luxury Sports Cars. Nice job shaunm80.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did this with Ridox, so if you’re up to it, feel free to participate.

CRITIC’S CHALLENGE

Rules:

4- You must have fun doing this:(, this is not an option:lol:.

CHALLENGE #2 Suicidal Tendencies ( shaunm80 vs TurnLeft)

1- Track: Twin Ring Montegi SuperSpeedway
2- Car tuned as is with Comfort Hard Tires.
3- Course Settings: Grip reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge = Real

TurnLeft’s SUPER LAP TIME is 0:44.361 :crazy:

Advice: Floor it all the way:tup:.

View attachment 253145
Thanks for the review. You managed to keep a hold of the 550PP tune very well really. That car can be a little crazy at times :) I will give your challenge a go, I can see me red lapping every lap but why not. Ill let you know how I get on.

Your challenge

I put my best into this one.. Firstly, you owe me a new coat of paint, I assume you did this challenge with the non-full aero kit Maserati car which has far too much torque for CH tyres.. I have a severely battered car now. poor thing!. Secondly, As I mentioned, I tried but I still had 5 red laps. The last lap was clean but the lap before invalidated the next lap so it didn't count, but as it happened, I got a 0.45.338 without hitting the barriers, its a shame that the lap wasn't allowed with that time because I was impressed with that one!

Its safe to say that asking me to drive a car with no aids in GT6 is like watching Bambi walk around on ice.. its going to end up with a lot of pain and a trail of damage. You win this challenge funnily enough. Good fun though. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go and take my car to the pit garage to sort out all though damaged panels. :irked:

Last edited:
Thanks for the review. You managed to keep a hold of the 550PP tune very well really. That car can be a little crazy at times :) I will give your challenge a go, I can see me red lapping every lap but why not. Ill let you know how I get on.

Your challenge

I put my best into this one.. Firstly, you owe me a new coat of paint, I assume you did this challenge with the non-full aero kit Maserati car which has far too much torque for CH tyres.. I have a severely battered car now. poor thing!. Secondly, As I mentioned, I tried but I still had 5 red laps. The last lap was clean but the lap before invalidated the next lap so it didn't count, but as it happened, I got a 0.45.338 without hitting the barriers, its a shame that the lap wasn't allowed with that time because I was impressed with that one!

Its safe to say that asking me to drive a car with no aids in GT6 is like watching Bambi walk around on ice.. its going to end up with a lot of pain and a trail of damage. You win this challenge funnily enough. Good fun though. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go and take my car to the pit garage to sort out all though damaged panels. :irked:
Thanks for taking the challenge, be grateful that it wasn't in the rain vs Ridox2JZGTE:scared:, I'm slowly getting use to the way you tune your cars, I don't use the TC so I probably don't give it enough gas out of the curves to use it's full potential. I've only recently started not using any aids, so I know what you mean by "watching Bambi walk on ice" (that was a good analogy:tup:) Oh and really sorry about those scratches:guilty:, I've got some leftover paints ( I'm use to doing touch ups), here feel free to choose what you want.
images.jpeg
if you can't find the right colors you can mix and match:lol:.

Thanks for taking the challenge, be grateful that it wasn't in the rain vs Ridox2JZGTE:scared:, I'm slowly getting use to the way you tune your cars, I don't use the TC so I probably don't give it enough gas out of the curves to use it's full potential. I've only recently started not using any aids, so I know what you mean by "watching Bambi walk on ice" (that was a good analogy:tup:) Oh and really sorry about those scratches:guilty:, I've got some leftover paints ( I'm use to doing touch ups), here feel free to choose what you want.
View attachment 253339 if you can't find the right colors you can mix and match:lol:.
I should be able to do something with that amount of colours to match the paintwork up again. Thanks :) my tuning technique isn't the same as everyone else's. True enough but I find that most of my tunes can be driven (or adapted slightly) by others to make them competitive. Thats good enough for me at the end of the day.

Latest Posts

Back