**CAR OF THE WEEK! Friday 13/04/12**

Best. Photo. Ever.
That Is an awesome picture!

Hey thanks! Here's all of the photo's I selected from our touring car session. Like an idiot though, I didn't save our replays of me and McClarenDesign racing the road car versions.

Great review McClaren, and it was fun taking part.

This car looks incredibly for a standard, those decals and sponsor stickers are definitely of premium quality, and virtually no jaggies on the car either. the only thing letting it down are the headlights. And boy do I love these cars, they're perfect for my driving style.

NrburgringGP_F.jpg

NrburgringGP_F_3.jpg

NrburgringGP_F_1.jpg

NrburgringGP_F_2.jpg

NrburgringGP_F_8.jpg

NrburgringGP_F_4.jpg

NrburgringGP_F_5.jpg

NrburgringGP_F_6.jpg

NrburgringGP_F_7.jpg

"The Merc 190e EVO II is a b*tch, and I spanked it!" Gotta love the 'Queef

Right, I am away for a week now, off on a road trip taking in many of the best driving roads I can think of, a trip to Monaco and Sunday spent at the Nurburgring (in real life!). If I don't find myself at the bottom of the Stelvio Pass in a burning wreck or wrapped around a barrier at The Carousel I will be back for next weeks car. In the mean time, McClarenDesign is the man in the know.

By the way, bit of interesting history for (almost) this car at the 'ring - lifted from wikipedia;

'1984: The new Grand Prix track

To celebrate its opening, an exhibition race was held, on 12 May, featuring an array of notable drivers. Driving identical Mercedes 190E 2.3–16, the line-up was Elio de Angelis, Jack Brabham (Formula 1 World Champion 1959, 1960, 1966), Phil Hill (1961), Denis Hulme (1967), James Hunt (1976), Alan Jones (1980), Jacques Laffite, Niki Lauda (1975, 1977 *), Stirling Moss, Alain Prost *, Carlos Reutemann, Keke Rosberg (1982), Jody Scheckter (1979), Ayrton Senna *, John Surtees (1964) and John Watson. Senna won ahead of Lauda, Reutemann, Rosberg, Watson, Hulme and Jody Scheckter, being the only one to resist Lauda's overwhelming performance who - having missed the qualifying - had to start from the last row and overtook all the others except Senna [4] .[5][6] The * in the previous paragraph indicates that titles which were not yet won at the time of the race are not mentioned here - so there were nine former and two future Formula 1 World Champions competing, quite a good rate in a field of 20 cars with 16 Formula 1 drivers; the other four were rather local drivers: Klaus Ludwig, Manfred Schurti, Udo Schütz and Hans Herrmann.'

Don't know if thats any interest to anyone other than me, but I now have to pretend I am Ayrton Senna driving it!
Forget Senna I want to be Niki Lauda. Come on he had to do what we do in GT5 all the time. Start dead last in the field. He had 20 cars to pass and managed to get 19 of them. Doesn't say where Senna started or by how much he won by but Lauda must have put on the show of a lifetime with that run.:bowdown::gtpflag:

XDesperado67
Forget Senna I want to be Niki Lauda. Come on he had to do what we do in GT5 all the time. Start dead last in the field. He had 20 cars to pass and managed to get 19 of them. Doesn't say where Senna started or by how much he won by but Lauda must have put on the show of a lifetime with that run.:bowdown::gtpflag:

Remember that when you see Ron Howards next film. It includes Niki's near fatal crash at Nurburgring.

But if the other choice is a wreck at Imola....

Remember that when you see Ron Howards next film. It includes Niki's near fatal crash at Nurburgring.

But if the other choice is a wreck at Imola....
I think the operative word there is "near" meaning lots of pain but your still around to talk about it afterwards.:crazy:

XDesperado67
I think the operative word there is "near" meaning lots of pain but your still around to talk about it afterwards.:crazy:

Burning alive is, like Super Dave would say, RECORD PAIN!

James Hunt famously said ''I wouldn't worry about your face Niki, you were ugly in the first place!'' After Lauda's firey crash.

Back