CHAPARRAL 2X VGT, COCKPIT VIEW!

• Thread starter Noname0529
  • 31 comments

Do you think the Chaparral 2X VGT is faster than the Redbull X1?

• Yes

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • No

Votes: 68 57.1%
  • Don't care

Votes: 33 27.7%

• Total voters
Canada
Ontario
Noname0529
In an article on Road and Track's website about test driving the Chaparral 2X in GT6 at the LA auto show, there's a photo of the car being driven with a cockpit view. Notice the instrument panel, and the G meter on the bottom right (the red circle)
VGT COCKPIT VIEW.jpg

article can be found here: http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-rev...ran-turismo-first-virtual-drive?src=soc_fcbks

thoughts?

Last edited:
Ages ago. Again. :lol:

But yeah, pretty cool though, but i guess its because it has a completely clear cockpit windshield, because almost every car that is either open top or has a clear cockpit has an interior view.

Now all they have to do is render the other Vision GT cars that don't have cockpits and we'll be at least heading toward the proper direction.

Combination of my posts in the main Chaparral 2X Thread:

- To answer your question from my experience, Red Bull X1 is faster stock for stock than the Chaparral 2X VGT in both top speed and time trials.

Here's some media from my visit at the Los Angeles Auto Show:

- Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo at Special Stage Route X

- Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo at Circuit de la Sarthe 2009.
B3F8_xcCIAAWwP7.jpg

I posted the cockpit view a while ago lol. And I was able to get it to 290 MPH and i could have gone faster but the tranny wasn't set so I was red-lining

I would like to see what "Nike" and "Jordan" can come up with to compete with this because this is the fastest and most extreme looking vision GT car yet!

I think the 2X is a LMP and a super car mashed together. It can achieve super car speed but has LMP performance in the corners. I don't know. All I know is this: Forget the X1s, all hail our new king when it arrives! :bowdown:

Damn this car is fast. You can see he's going 271mph... How fast is a red bull without draft again?
There is more to being fast than just top speed. There are lots of cars in the game that can be tweaked to reach a very high top speed, some faster than the red bull in a straight line but nothing is even close to as fast as the RB X when you throw a few corners into the mix.

Combination of my posts in the main Chaparral 2X Thread:

- To answer your question from my experience, Red Bull X1 is faster stock for stock than the Chaparral 2X VGT in both top speed and time trials.

Here's some media from my visit at the Los Angeles Auto Show:

- Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo at Special Stage Route X

- Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo at Circuit de la Sarthe 2009.
B3F8_xcCIAAWwP7.jpg

Munky Do you have any more pictures of the actual driving pod? i wouldn't mind making my own for the shed . thanks in advance :P

It's the wheel, not the car. All the sims I drove were like that

Yeah had a go PD's booth @ goodwood they are not set up right i got really upset at the time. since i practice for a hour on same track the night before. and had pd's rep hanging off my chair trying to chat some asian bird up , worst of jann Marlborough was watching me too. i got vexed and almost went into chatsworth mode. moral of the story if you have a go at any these pods tell the guy i want to set up the wheel yourself and insert your preset you are used to... dont let them show you up

I've had a tuned merc VGT and red bull go into the 300 mph + range. I don't think it will beat them in top speed. I think the red bull fan car will still reign in lap times too

Yes I know, so why does it have any gears? What, where and why are there input and output shafts for?

because the wheels are basically coasters on a tea tray or sideboard. powered by thrust like a jet. think its just suspension and bearings or braking is done buy slowing axles down?.

No need to open a new thread for this.

About the poll: Probably faster than the X2014 and slower than the X2011.

Back