Cities: Skylines (the Sim City we deserve)

• Thread starter Akira AC
  • 1,533 comments
Been experimenting with render it! to achieve the look of Mafia games, Mafia 2 (top) and Mafia 3 (bottom). Which do you guys prefer?
I'm not familiar with either game, but the second one looks slightly more 'vintage', the blue tint to the shadow on the first one doesn't seem right.

Took a break from my London project for a few reasons. Progress was laughably slow on asset creation, but now I've figured out my workflow properly I really need to just get into it. One of the last things that I needed to tweak was my adjustment layer for night time windows.

20240507002055_1.jpg

Lat & Long is set to match London, and the compass should be right, but shadows seem to be out... I get it about right at sunrise and sunset, but during the day all the building fronts are in shadow... need to tweak that...

20240507001955_1.jpg

1715040319145.png

Lat & Long is set to match London, and the compass should be right, but shadows seem to be out... I get it about right at sunrise and sunset, but during the day all the building fronts are in shadow... need to tweak that...
If I remember correctly, the y coordinate is flipped in CS1. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but if - because of this - the latitude is flipped, you should see the sun move counterclockwise in the sky.

If I remember correctly, the y coordinate is flipped in CS1. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but if - because of this - the latitude is flipped, you should see the sun move counterclockwise in the sky.

Certainly sounds plausible.

That means my sunlight simulation is running as though it's 1,500 miles off the southern tip of Africa in the southern Atlantic ocean... :lol:

Back