CLOSED: POLL: The Photomode Tournament - Season 2: First Round - 2.0

Photomode Tournament - 2.0

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not looking good for me :(

Lower your suspension height to a minimum.

Well GTJ,
imho your shot fits the theme perfectly and I voted for it.
If I had that theme my shot would have been quite similar.
And I really love that cheek yellow...

Rev what happened to your entry, bud? :indiff:

I'm used to seeing spectacular stuff from you, but you missed out big-time on both the theme and execution. I don't really see any "Low ride" in your entry, so I was crossing my fingers the execution would make up for it, but when I loaded the full sized image the entire car was sort of washed/blurred out. The only thing I liked about it was the tones basically.

Sorry this sounds so harsh mate, but seeing your latest works I was putting all my money on you to blow the competition away.

Congrats CCShaft7, kick whosever's ass you face next round!
Wallbreaker
I guess he´s kicking Klaus_PSU´s ass...

challenge_accepted_Its_Another_New_Post_D-s400x300-128676-580.jpg

:lol:

...and so it goes:

Match 1: SlipZtrEm vs Wallbreaker - After much diliberation, I decided on... Wallbreaker :P. Seriously though, it's a fantastic shot, and it'd have my vote even if it wasn't due to me being against it. It really highlights the engine! The colours are ever, ever so mottled right around the glass, but that's nitpicking to the finest degree. A fine shot, and I knew not to underestimate Wallbreaker's abilities to provide stunning shots 👍

Match 2: Raphaele vs ZEROX - ZEROX's image is incredibly realistic. It's frightening how much so. But Raphaele's just has more of the theme in it... Red! It's also a view we don't see too often of the corkscrew, which initially turned me off, but I've warmed (ha!) to it very much. A nice bonus is the fact you can't tell, at all, that it's a Standard!

Match 3: StoneyNUFC vs TheDrummingKing - These are both so well done, I'm a bit surprised, since I was apprehensive about how well this theme would turn out. With these two on the job, though, I shouldn't have worried at all. Both look straight out of a commercial for their respective sponsors; TDK using the selective colouring to great effect, as the sponsor of choice would be drowned out in the full-colour livery, and Stoney using some mighty impressive DoF to focus on Bibendum & Co. In the end, the more artistic shot won it for me, by a hair, though that doesn't mean, in any way, that TDK's isn't artistic. They both brought their A games, and this match deserves to be the closest-fought, absolutely!

Match 4: Revolution. vs GT_johan - Look at those tones! Rev's a master with them, and he continues it here. The clean line of the outer banking's barrier is some unexpected eye-candy too, as you're slowly making your way down from the awesome yellow/blue of the sky. The very slight murkiness of the rear fender flare's connecting line threw me off a bit, as did the reflected line on the door, but again, minor nitpicking. The biggest detriment this technically-excellent shot had, is being directly above a shot of a car that utterly screams low-ride. That insane fish-eye angle captures the 500 as some bizarre, near-symmetrical bug, a feeling no doubt helped by the day-glow colour. But it's straddling those rims! Rev's shot is a great one in isolation, but taking the theme into account, Johan just noses ahead.

Match 5: bmxmitch vs Fido_le_muet - Such different approaches, but both so good. It's hard to do an action shot overhead in GT5 - we're severely limited by the cameras, and the relative shallow level they're allowed to hover above the track. But Mitch gives us a shot of an (Isotope Green?) Evora practising it's painting on the track. Fido meanwhile gives us a screencap from the show itself, as we watch the Stig belt the car around the track (yes, I felt the same as Wallbreaker!). A tough choice as they both approach the theme from different angles, but succeed the same, I just gave the nod to the more dynamic Evora shot. A tough one, for sure.

Match 6: Moglet vs nanabu - This is scary - this is what Mog can accomplish in only an hour! While it may be his "usual" thing, he is the best at it. Nanabu's is plenty interesting; the slightly off-center positioning of the car, the massive reflections, the tones, the leading lines on both sides of the car. But I don't get much context as to where the car is; I'm not entirely sure which track I'm seeing. Moglet's gets that across better for me, and so it got my vote, even if it was a "safer" shot than Nanabu's. It's very disappointing we won't see Nanabu in the next round, as he's been on a roll with interesting, excellent shots of late!

Match 7: Ciniculusxoneo vs Klaus_PSU - Look at how crisp and clean that Yellowbird is! It's fantastic! Sadly, the rest of the image just didn't grab me; there's no "wow" factor, even if it is all clean. The Mercedes, while not as crisp as that 'Bird, is showing off more effectively, and the shot has some incredible sky taking up a good portion to increase interest, and the Mitch-approved glow ( :P ). I especially like the little tinges of light on the front wheel and roof. Keep an eye on Klaus, folks...

Match 8: CCShaft7 vs Benmastaw00t - Full disclosure: this one was all down to feeling, for me. The Mercedes isn't nearly as crisp as the TT, not by a long shot, but Ben has used Panning Mode 1, in the past and present, to dynamic effect, and that 190E feels like it's giving it's all. The TT feels cold and sterile in comparison; a technically excellent shot of course, but it must be the cool colours of its surroundings, and the direct comparision with the Merc below it. No disrespect CC, as it's an awesome shot. I just like the "snapped at the race day" feel of the Merc.

Now... to type up the front-page article, as I'm finally home.

Last edited:
Congratz on Raphaele on beating me. 👍
Good luck on the next round...gee, i thought i want to do a rematch with Slipz...guess i'll have to wait until next year. :P

And i must say those other shoots are oh-so-delicious. :drool:

Rev what happened to your entry, bud? :indiff:

I'm used to seeing spectacular stuff from you, but you missed out big-time on both the theme and execution. I don't really see any "Low ride" in your entry, so I was crossing my fingers the execution would make up for it, but when I loaded the full sized image the entire car was sort of washed/blurred out. The only thing I liked about it was the tones basically.

Sorry this sounds so harsh mate, but seeing your latest works I was putting all my money on you to blow the competition away.

Heh, I know, I know... I think I said it in the First Round thread, but the theme isn't really my cup of tea... as it turned out, I was reasonably pleased with my entry but I knew that it didn't scream out low rider like GTjohan's does. I took the shot quite early in the week and sat on it for a few days trying to decide whether to submit it or reshoot, and eventually I decided to reshoot, but none of the new shots (which were more 'low rider' feeling, but lacking in other areas) were up to competition standard.

And yes, it is a bit soft in full view. I'm not 100% sure why either.. but please remember that my shot is full size out of game, I don't resize my stuff!

...and so it goes:

Match 1: SlipZtrEm vs Wallbreaker - After much diliberation, I decided on... Wallbreaker :P. Seriously though, it's a fantastic shot, and it'd have my vote even if it wasn't due to me being against it. It really highlights the engine! The colours are ever, ever so mottled right around the glass, but that's nitpicking to the finest degree. A fine shot, and I knew not to underestimate Wallbreaker's abilities to provide stunning shots 👍

Haha, thanks mate :D But either way it would not have changed the result, so don´t worry about it ;) Congrats!

Despite being eliminated, I´m not too disappointed as I got most of the "big names" on my side. At least some satisfaction...

Well, I guess it's over.
Congrats Mitchy, you nailed it ;)
I got quite some votes and it's satisfying to see that some of you liked my shot.
Still, no regrets cause I lost to a very good oponent 👍
Also, thanks to Wallbreaker and SlipZ for the reviews. When I look back at my pic, I must say I totally agree with your opinion. Mitchy's pic show a track day while mine was clearly based on the show.
No regrets guys and good luck to all the quarter-finalists, especially you Mitchy.
You will need it if you want to beat the Mog :D

Congrats CCShaft7, kick whosever's ass you face next round! :D

Massive 👍 to you Benmastaw00t, I didn't envy you at all for the touring cars and due respect for going with the 'standard' 190 E 👍👍 Great use of panning.

I guess he´s kicking Klaus_PSU´s ass... :lol:

:nervous: after what we've witnessed this round I don't think I got boots big enough :scared:

jk :) Looking forward to it... bring it on I say :sly:

.... and cheers to Wallbreaker and SlipZ for their honest and concise reviews. Its really helps to get that kind of feedback, good or bad or indifferent 👍

I would like to say thank you guys for the votes and thx to all others for these amazing shots and i wish goood luck to every one for the Second round of this Tournament :)

gl hf

As well as I informed in the PMC thread, I changed a rule about ties, since in case of a tie and if I create another 24h poll to untie, the same person will vote in the same picture and would end in another tie (unless some don't vote) and since I am the host, my vote will be the deciding factor.

Congratz on Raphaele on beating me. 👍
Good luck on the next round...gee, i thought i want to do a rematch with Slipz...guess i'll have to wait until next year. :P

And i must say those other shoots are oh-so-delicious. :drool:

Thanks indeed Zerox. Your picture is great, but it's just the public vote to make the decision.
This time mine was the one: Romance vs. realism.
Now I will have to match with SlipZtrEm…

Maybe in one of the future comps the revenge will be yours:tup:

Back