Australia
Gastrobotic
CluB543 Logo.JPG

SEASON 2 - " Clutch the ride....."

WEDNESDAY NIGHTS

****Round 1 Starts 4th of March 2015****

Entries for this season are now closed

No tuning Season

This season we will be running cars with no mods, you can paint your car and wheels, customise wheel type and perform oil changes and engine rebuilds only.

I will be allowing tyre combinations.

For example...

Sport Hard on the front and

sport medium on the back.
(This will improve tyre wear and stability)
This works well for the GTO Ferrari, Diablo GT & Gillardo

You can use any tyre combo that you like.
whatever works for you

You may change your wheels using the standard size, please try not to go up 1" or 2".

Wednesday nights is the go, around 8:30pm Melbourne time.
If we could aim for a 9pm race start that would be great....

Drivers are encouraged to enter room at 8:30pm or earlier
(if the room is open) and get a short practise done before race start.

Races will be around 45 mins long.

###############################################
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Rooms will only be run using the new Club section in "Community"

The club room must be entered via the "community" section then via the club menus.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
######################################

Points system

Assuming that I have 12 people this season, i have based the points around the number "12", so no more spots are available. Some people have not posted on this forum, but have assured me that they are coming. I have allowed for this, so the points will be as follows...

1st - 75 points
2nd - 64 points
3rd - 55 points
4th - 48 points
5th - 40 points
6th - 32 points
7th - 25 points
8th - 20 points
9th - 16 points
10th - 12 points
11th - 9 points
12th - 6 points

:gtpflag:Qualifying:gtpflag:

Like last season, there will be no qualifying function enabled,
Qualifying starts when the countdown timer is activated.

*** WHEN THE TIMER IS ACTIVATED***

You may set your best time and stop if you wish,
but do not press the exit button.:banghead:

If you do this during the countdown - your qualified time will be erased.
You must park your car in a safe spot or do another lap and then drive in to the pit area and press the pause button, then wait until the race starts.

:nervous:Settings:nervous:

TUNING PROHIBITED (Detune to 543pp)
SH / SM TYRES
ABS only
Tyre/fuel depletion "VERY FAST/FAST"
Slipstream -------------"REAL"
Boost -------------------"NONE"
Damage ----------------"LIGHT"
Penalties ------------"NONE/WEAK"

All assists will be turned off.
No TCS, Active steering, SRF.
ONLY ABS IS ON

:dopey:Rules -:dopey:

Same as last season really, have fun, drive clean, try not to cut corners and wait for someone to catch up if you knock them off the track.

If we have problems with this I will introduce a safety car system and/or penalties:(.

Cars
Each car has its own personality.:crazy::cool::nervous::grumpy:

Sort of like a 2 year old that is hungry and tired:banghead:, choose the one that is less likely to leave you drowning in your own tears at the end of the night.

These cars have been chosen for their differences in handling.
Each car will challenge you in a different way.
If you feel like it, why not use the clutch?

:bowdown:Car #1:bowdown:
Ferrari GTO '84 (MR)Twin Ring Motegi East Course.jpg

Only 528pp compared to the 3 other cars @ 543pp I hear you say? Pffft, don't let that number fool you.
This yellow monster / wanna be race car / angry dog :mad: will bite your hands off you don't concentrate.

It is a true Ferrari, it combines beauty and aggression perfectly like a doberman guard dog.... If you don't train it right, it will not only takes your hands, it will take your feet and your face as well. As it howls through the gears you notice that it is asking for more, begging you to push a little harder until it's time to slow down,slowing down like you are riding on the back of the doberman with your braking foot pushed in front of the other two front feet, just hoping that your face doesn't become wall art, then you make it through the corner and start all over again and the 'want' to make the beast howl for dinner thrives again.

She responds well to the sport hards on the front and mediums on the back.
The more predictable you can make her, the less chance she will bite ya.:scared:
If you like being on the edge, this is the car for you:cool:, but if you choose a red one, watch out for the bulls behind you.

Circuito de Madrid_3.jpg

:bowdown:CAR # 2:bowdown:

Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 (4WD)Grand Valley East_10.jpg
###De-tuned to 543pp###

You better make sure you have some distance in front of this Italian bull.
It will charge at your mirror like its chasing a hungry red dog.
:mischievous:Sure footed most of the time, it thunders towards corners with rage and angry stance...:mad:

As you then kick your foot on the stoppy thing, you realise that you should have done it earlier.:eek:

As you adjust your stance with your butt dragging along the ground, head to the side and a huffin and a puffin, red eyes and grunting similar to a bull when you hit the apex you see the hairpin in the distance. It is then that bull lets out an almighty yelp and dives into the bend, as you hit what you think is the apex, the rider gets spat out of the corner like bong water.

Sports hards on front and mediums at the rear is also well received here.
Fast is not dragging you bum against the wall.

Côte d'Azur_1.jpg

:bowdown:Car # 3:bowdown:

Lamborghini Diablo GT (MR) Special Stage Route 5_7.jpg
###De-tuned to 543pp###

She is beautiful isn't she:drool:? Welcome to being married:boggled:.
Shame though that it feels like you can't do anything right. You always seem to suggest the right things to do but nothing goes the way you had hoped for. Oh well, we'll just put up with it and keep on going like nothing is wrong. Lap after lap, listening to the constant moan of the engine, yes dear ok, I will slow down a little.:indiff:

She is still sour about the wedding dress, it wasn't quite right.
You struggle to choose basic things, like which tyre to put on the front...
You know you have the option of going to the garage so you don't have to look at her and change tyres over and over between mediums and hards, you can't make a decision.💡

Then you go through a mid-life crisis and decide to drive all by yourself for once.
You rev that thing harder than you have ever revved anything, even the 2 stoke line trimmer.

You find your feet then it's time to think strategy and "where is the pits?".
The wife rewards you when you do the dishes...

Circuito de Madrid_5.jpg

:bowdown:CAR # 4:bowdown:

Corvette Z06 '06 (FR)Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s_2.jpg
###De-tuned to 543pp###

If you make this car yell then you will realise that it isn't as slow as you think...:odd:

Compare this car to a elephant.:rolleyes:
It is really solid, true. When it yells, the whole jungle can hear it and things must be getting serious, it may even have the entire family there.... just wait until you feel the ground thunder.:boggled:

Very stable and knows where it is going, just make sure you slow down a little earlier because you are so big and you will be fine.

The elephant is predictable, and if given half a chance, will run past the dogs and the bulls.
It might even step on the smaller animals if they don't get out of the way.

Mediums all round will satisfy any rider.:cool:

Nürburgring Type V_2.jpg

:bowdown::cheers::gtpflag: Tracks :gtpflag::cheers::bowdown:
This season will consist of 8 races and 1 bonus round:confused:.

Round 1
4/3/15

Monza 80's Circuit

monza.jpg

Round 2
11/3/15

Circuito de Madrid (Full Circuit)
425px-Circuito_de_madrid.bmp.png

Round 3

18/3/15

Grand Valley East course REVERSE
Gvalley eastR.jpg

Round 4
25/3/15

Cote De' Azure
cotedeazure.jpg

:bowdown:BONUS ROUND:bowdown:

Round 5

1/4/15
MIDFIELD RACEWAY

CAR AND EVENT DETAILS TO BE ANNOUNCED LATER ON​

Round 6
8/4/15

Matterhorn Dristellen
matterhornD.jpg

Round 7
15/4/15

Twin Ring Motegi East course
motegieast.jpg

Round 8
22/4/15

Sierra
sierra.jpg

Round 9
29/4/15

Special stage route 5

SSR5R.jpg

This season will be really close so put on your concentration caps guys....
Small mistakes will see you sliding to the back of the field.

If you need to discuss or sort something out - this is the place to do it.
Please feel free to post a question or comment regarding anything to do with the season here, I am more than happy to help people out if I can.

I hope you all enjoy Season 2 of Club543, looking forward to another great season and some good racing.

Cheers, Gastro.

Last edited:
Hey Greg, another well thought out job! Looking forward to it!! Unfortunately i'm out tonight . . . but for a good reason . . . I'M GOING TO PICK UP MY NEW SIM RIG!!! Yehaa!! No more sitting on the lounge for this fat little fool!! Hhahahahaha

Hey Greg, another well thought out job! Looking forward to it!! Unfortunately i'm out tonight . . . but for a good reason . . . I'M GOING TO PICK UP MY NEW SIM RIG!!! Yehaa!! No more sitting on the lounge for this fat little fool!! Hhahahahaha

Excellent Phil, that should be comfy then!!! ?
Cheers for letting me know.

Awesome stuff mate, looking forward to the season start. Won't be on tonight unfortunately as I am up early flying down to Melbourne tomorrow.

:cheers:

Awesome stuff mate, looking forward to the season start. Won't be on tonight unfortunately as I am up early flying down to Melbourne tomorrow.

:cheers:
No probs... be prepared for some of the great unpredictable melbourne weather lol.
Cheers m8

Season 2 here we come. Should be an interesting one. The new format should mix things up abit. Cant wait for March now

I am also really looking forward to this, such a long time between seasons, and so much testing.... i am so glad that it is finally over and we are looking at the finished product. I know xr6 will say these are slow and somewhat boring, but i think there will plenty of action!!! Can't wait :mischievous::nervous:;)

I know xr6 will say these are slow and somewhat boring, but i think there will plenty of action!!! Can't wait :mischievous::nervous:;)

I go best when it's fast tuned cars, that's for sure, and have never gone that well with unmodified cars ever, but that's ok. Besides, I will have my work cut out trying to catch Nicko (but I don't expect to). I couldn't get withing half a second of him two weeks ago in the same car (and mine was oil changed and his wasn't, so even though I was up on hp I still lost out). Oh well, at least if/when others complain that the races are getting too predictable, it won't be me they're going on about for a change.

It always feels like a hassle having to dig up the PS3 and install updates but the racing with you lot is generally worth it. I could be pretty busy with the pCARS release looming but that's nothing new :)

Ryzza Lives Again!!! Welcome back mate!!! ;)

We all seem to race well when in a group together, this season i think it will be a challenge to score a podium finish.
When is project cars being released? It seems like forever... :confused:

Confirmed Participants

Aussie_nicko - Yes
XR6_Racer - Yes
Always_A_Gamer -Yes
Colecam - Yes
Fullgas - Yes
Ryzza - Yes
Gastrobotic - Hmmmm... Yes
SSMonaro - Yes
Barberphil - Yes
Slotrunner - yes
Meggs - Yes

Not confirmed yet...

ozgazgt5 - not sure (no forum activity)
Veteranpp - not sure (no forum activity)

(Post to be updated)​

Last edited:
Less than a month to go guys! :)
When you get a chance can you update OP please G. Want to get my head around the tracks and when we'll race them

No probs, i will update the OP in the next day or 2 with more track detail and info.
Cheers

First post looking good mate! Still not 100% certain what car I'll be using... must we commit to one car for the whole season or can we alternate?

First post looking good mate! Still not 100% certain what car I'll be using... must we commit to one car for the whole season or can we alternate?

I'm glad you asked mate, I have been thinking this one over for a while now.... and yes i have made the a decision now.
It will be one car for the season. However.......

What I was thinking was, if you change your car you will incur a point penalty.
Something like - next round you get 50% of your score for the round .... or....

A tyre penalty for example, 2 rounds using a lower quality tyre - something like that.

What does everyone else think of this? Jump in on the discussion people!!!

I'm glad you asked mate, I have been thinking this one over for a while now.... and yes i have made the a decision now.
It will be one car for the season. However.......

What I was thinking was, if you change your car you will incur a point penalty.
Something like - next round you get 50% of your score for the round .... or....

A tyre penalty for example, 2 rounds using a lower quality tyre - something like that.

What does everyone else think of this? Jump in on the discussion people!!!

Awesome mate. I think some sort of penalty system in place would be the go for sure - 50% points deduction sounds good.

Still undecided what car I will run - most likely the GTO or Z06. :)

Personally, i'd prefer the no change option. After a couple of rounds you get used to how certain drivers, drive their cars and that makes it more predictable/clean. Plus a car swap may be used to gain an advantage at certain tracks.

However i understand that some of us may not have the time to properly test and pick the best car possible. That may mean that you pick the wrong car and need to change mid-way through the season. So if you're going to allow a swap, id say a fairly heavy penalty and a limit to the one swap.

Thats just my opinion. At the end of the day though, all i really want is the cleanest and closest racing possible

Latest Posts

Back