CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
Core racers. I will be having another Sunday Cup Friday session this week. Same car set up as before, but this time we are at Daytona road course. 2x10 lap races. 1st with the sport soft, then reverse grid on the sport medium. Room will be open from 8.00pm for short race practice, with the 10 lap races starting at normal Core time.

Just checking in again, Omnius said something about starting this up again in April and I was wondering if we had any further news on that?

2x10 lap races at Daytona road. Sunday Cup Evora specs 374 BHP, 1300KG. 8.00pm room opens. 8.30 races.

If any Core racers are looking for some racing this Friday, I will be hosting another Sunday Cup pre race session. This week its at Fuji F, and the specs of the car have changed. We are now on the race#5 upgrades, 404 BHP @ 1220 KG. Full aero and Sport soft and sport medium tyres. 2 x 12 lap races with no pit stops, 1 on the soft, 1 on the med with reverse grid from previous race. Please feel free to join. 👍👍👍

This is how bad GT5 is these days....Forskin Horizon is constantly getting new cars, even GTP has merged with Forskin Planet....what does that tell you! :banghead:

Oh look, the ultra new Aston Martin Vanquish available from today.... Bah!

Yeah man I know, it must be down to licensing but for the life of me I don't know why these companies wouldn't want their products in the largest racing sim on PS3. Strange...

I'll see how it goes, but I think I'll be moving over to Grid 2 for my online racing for a bit.

Quite impressed with the way Racenet is being fully intergrated and the way the multiplayer is shaping up.

Not only that, but the level of customisation available to really create a 'track' car, not only the standard car/performance upgrades that we're used to, but the much sort after LIVERY EDITOR! - Graphics and sponsors!! :)

Northlander74 Driver Profile

Grid 2

8738564412_1bce44b4bd.jpg

So GT6 has been announced....

In keeping with all the GT games of the past :) GT6 is indeed a PS3 game 👍

With this in mind and reading the press release from yesterday, it's looking like we'll be able to create our 'groups' within GT6, I'm guessing the potential for tighter control over how we wish to conduct our season/league will be more robust than currently.

Add to this the reported ability to 'design' our own cars (I'm hoping this means liveries) and the game will contain 'thousands' of modification parts and wheels has me very interested!

So I'd like to announce that the CORE GT Series *WILL* be returning in Gran Turismo 6! :D

Hope to see anyone who's still around on the track then!

In keeping with the new GT6 'streamlined' game engine....

The CORE GT Series will be renamed - officially this time! (Just like we used to be the Trident GT Championship, now is the time to refresh this group)

There will be no Facebook or Twitter accounts - it's GTPlanet and the GT6, that's it.

The rules and regulations I set are final, if there is something that you don't like, you don't have to join.

This time, races will not only factor a maximum amount of entries, but also a minimum amount.

We race for fun and the shared enjoyment of the GT series and cars/motorsport in general - the only thing you will ever win in this series is friends and bragging rights.

Until we know what options GT6 will offer us, one thing that will be a factor of the new season - if it can't be set in-game, it won't be set.

Simple, fun, clean.

:)

Glad to hear it mate. I had a feeling the announcement would reignite your interest.

Still early days but pleased to be the first to say........sign me up!!!

Yay! :) 👍

...top tip, instead of the standard menu music in GT5, for that authentic track day/motorsport feel, have a selection of pitlane and track sounds as mp3's and use them as user BGM 👍

It's been reported the track editior has been revamped - I'm guessing you won't be able to import GT5 tracks, so our favourite Cheviot GT track may have to be retired :(

One thing though, I'm sure I'll replace it with a new fan favourite!

Glad to hear you'll be making a return Omnius! I'll look forward to this series with interest! I used to love the CORE GT racing, so to hear you'll be bringing it back (or something similar ) is really good news!

In fact, it's almost as good news as hearing that McLaren-Honda are being reunited! :)

jammyrex
Glad to hear you'll be making a return Omnius! I'll look forward to this series with interest! I used to love the CORE GT racing, so to hear you'll be bringing it back (or something similar ) is really good news!

In fact, it's almost as good news as hearing that McLaren-Honda are being reunited! :)

As I've become a bit of a WTCC fan since leaving GT5 online, it's a good indication that the 'Championship' and 'Club' model will be replaced by a single layout similar to the sprint double header of what you see in the WTCC.

I find this to really be exciting, as it allows for super close racing and you don't run the risk of having the field becoming too spread out. Also I did find some PM's I used to get from people interested back in the day, the longer races put them off.

The car choice now won't be limited to just single make, I'm hoping for tighter regs that you can set compaired to GT5 to have greater control over individuals who wish to fudge the rules rather than just relying on trust.

And finally if we indeed do have a livery editor, I'm hoping we will have a nice varied grid with a lot more cars to look like racing cars!

I am keen on using the X-Bow and the Rocket car we saw in the GT6 announcement - nothing nicer than a bit of open wheel action....let's see what happens guys! :)

Fuelmyfire
If you are going for a WTCC format will we see weight penalties?

It depends on what GT6 allows, if it's not in the game, it won't be asked of...

Its more to do with the format with regards to the amount of laps for more open racing and to attract different drivers

Alright :) Yeah I assume you'd have to trust the people to do the weight penalties. .. I really like the WTCC setup. Sounds really fun.

Just had a thought, if we have to start over again with our car collection in GT6, this might scupper the relaunch of my online series.....hmmm :-/

If money is as easy to come by as in GT5, it will hardly be a problem. The first few weeks will be spent getting familiar with the new physics and license tests anyways, after that cash flow should be negligible.

Sincere condolences and thoughts go out to Aston Martin Racing and the Simonsen family following the tragic events of this year's Le Man 24h

Allan Simonsen #95 R.I.P.

Back