Cursed Political Content

• Thread starter TexRex
  • 5,841 comments
"Genetic Legacy", preposterous.

"Oh I'm so happy I have brown eyes! My kids need to have brown eyes... just like all of the other people that share the same genes for brown eyes. But these brown eyed genes are my brown eyed genes and so my kids' brown eyes are my genetic legacy and not the genetic legacy of every other brown eyed person that shares genes for brown eyes".

I get this grand sense of awe and inspiration at being related to every living thing. A tree, a flower, a microbe in a bit of soil, all of it and I are related in one giant tree of life - with shared genetics tracing back to the first creature. And all of it, every bird, every sea creature, every insect, all of it is amazing and wonderful and I am so humbled to be part of the family of life in this grand explosion of genetics. All except Andrew Tate, who I'd prefer was not part of our tree.

Last edited:
Ruined.

20240424_232740.jpg

I get this grand sense of awe and inspiration at being related to every living thing. A tree, a flower, a microbe in a bit of soil, all of it and I are related in one giant tree of life - with shared genetics tracing back to the first creature. And all of it, every bird, every sea creature, every insect, all of it is amazing and wonderful and I am so humbled to be part of the family of life in this grand explosion of genetics.
[sniff]

Is that patchouli?

Ukraine war: US secretly gives Kyiv long-range missiles

Ukraine has begun using long-range ballistic missiles secretly provided by the US against invading Russian forces, American officials have confirmed.

Cookie Monster Shut Up GIF by Sesame Street

Last edited:
Ukraine war: US secretly gives Kyiv long-range missiles

Ukraine has begun using long-range ballistic missiles secretly provided by the US against invading Russian forces, American officials have confirmed.

Cookie Monster Shut Up GIF by Sesame Street
The media sat on the story for 10 minutes before getting antsy and falling off.

Screenshot-20240426-123042-Samsung-Internet.jpg

"Sure my having killed a puppy sounds bad but I also just killed three horses."

Also, political correctness is when...you don't shoot dogs that are barely a year old?

noem-dogs.jpg

Why were the horses put down? Did they sustain injuries/illness that couldn't be cured?

Or did Noem try to get on one & it bucked her off, so she decided it had to go.
Horse Reaction GIF

Last edited:
I can't help but feel like Noem is using her willingness to kill a pet dog as a warning to non-conforming people. Straighten up, stay in line, do as you're told, and we might not have to kill you all.

Last edited:
quiet-quitting.jpg

[crickets chirping]

What?
Now granted that I'm 10 hours into a 12 hour night shift on a Sat night Sun morning but I've got nothing.

Confused.

Last edited:
Now granted that I'm 10 hours into a 12 hour night shift on a Sat night Sun morning but I've got nothing.

Confused.
You might ought to push that out to 16 and save your manager an uneasy feeling.

Quiet quitting by working the hours I'm contractually obligated to work and being productive during those hours, but I occasionally microwave fish in the break room.

Quiet quitting by working the hours I'm contractually obligated to work and being productive during those hours, but I occasionally microwave fish in the break room.
I think you might have also been quiet fired.

Google says that quiet quitting is doing your job to the minimum contractual requirement and no more.

So... employers are cross at employees for being employees. So that tweet whole load of nothing, short of the very obvious dogwhistle of labour exploitation by expecting or demanding employees to do more than is contractually required of them for no extra benefit.

Google says that quiet quitting is doing your job to the minimum contractual requirement and no more.
Yep, it's basically the more friendly, non-union mandated version of Work to Rule.

Perhaps those employers should be more concerned about the Big Quit but with no shortage of humans around I kinda doubt they are.

So... employers are cross at employees for being employees. So that tweet whole load of nothing, short of the very obvious dogwhistle of labour exploitation by expecting or demanding employees to do more than is contractually required of them for no extra benefit.
It's not a real thing. Some social critic for some publication made it up and found a few people who may or may not work in an office managerial capacity to say "oh, yes, quiet quitting" to get boomers who believe younger generations are lazy riled up so that they may have their first erection in a decade which wasn't the result of pharmaceutical intervention while simultaneously giving younger generations something else for which to blame capitalism. The resulting idiotic discourse has now spiraled far beyond absurdity to the point that even those who deliver at a consistent high standard, whose bosses can't muster a legitimate complaint, are said to be "quiet quitting."

I want to go back in time to before that social critic was born and wail on their father's crotch with a baseball bat until it's as flat as a Ken doll's. I'd wager I'd be doing him a favor as I can't fathom how awful that social critic must have been as a child.

Employers these days expect tips too. Minimum 20%, but 100% will get you considered for promotion. Plan on 80 hour weeks, guys.

Back