Daily race start glitch

• Thread starter jetdh
  • 33 comments
I have been having an issue with gt7 for about three months with daily races.

Every time I start a race, NONE of the other cars leave the grid. No matter how the race starts. Rolling start or grid starts - NO other cars move from their starting positions.

I have contacted Sony ps support and haven't got anywhere with this.

I cant be the only person with this issue. ANY help would greatly appreciated.

Also I'm Jetdh on GT7 adn if Ive wrecked any of you, I am really honestly sorry about that.

Every time I start a race, NONE of the other cars leave the grid. No matter how the race starts. Rolling start or grid starts - NO other cars move from their starting positions.

Also I'm Jetdh on GT7 adn if Ive wrecked any of you, I am really honestly sorry about that.

It's almost certainly an issue with your Internet connection. Try everything suggested here to improve the stability.

I am having the same problem as of August 31st. Only with daily races A B and C

I have the same issue too
I have not but I work with PCs a lot and networking. This isn't an IP or wireless Internet issue.

Reason.

1. My lobby racing is fine
2. Other online games are fine
3. When racing A B or C daily race, on a rolling start, my car starts moving like it should but no other car does, but the race can be completed with me moving and I get classified as if I raced.
4. I have super fast 5G internet with almost no lag.
5. I have seen other online racers complain about the exact same issue as mine.

I will try the recommended suggestions. For now, I deleted the game and I am currently re downloading the 120GB game. I will see if the problem clears. If not, I will do the recommended fixed LAN and fixed IP address. I doubt that's the issue, an IP address conflict would simply stop my PS5 from being online period.

My guess is that it's a server issue with certain accounts saved on one server or something like that. Most people who game and have issues will give up or play another game. I ONLY game on gran Turismo. So for me it's a problem if it's not resolved.

Nimpoo

So you can finish the race and it says you came first? Or what?
I finish the race at what real position I should be in amongst all the other drivers. I just can't see any of them move from the start grid.

I finish the race at what real position I should be in amongst all the other drivers. I just can't see any of them move from the start grid.
How do you know what your “real” position should be if you don’t see any other drivers move in the race? 😕

I get classified as
How do you know what your “real” position should be if you don’t see any other drivers move in the race? 😕
I get classified as a race participator as though I raced against the other cars. The other cars are real, I just can't see them move from the grid start. Lobby online racing is just fine.

Did you fix it?

I get classified as

I get classified as a race participator as though I raced against the other cars. The other cars are real, I just can't see them move from the grid start. Lobby online racing is just fine.

Did you fix it?
This happened to me on the Gazoo Racing Cup with the Corolla. It was my internet connection.

Have you tried watching a replay? I'm curious how that would turn out.
It would be the same. Replay files are reconstructed telemetry data, and if the console isn't receiving other people's telemetry it'll show the same thing in the replay as the race - which is why your own replays are not much good to determine what other people actually did without their replays too.

As an aside, if I had a nickel for every time someone said it definitely wasn't their connection because their connection is fast*/fine on Call of Duty/great for Netflix, I'd have so many nickels, but I wouldn't be able to spend them as I'm British and the exchange rate for coins is atrocious.

*It is wide not fast.

Since he didn't really answer your question, you will still show up on the post race order. Ie, you can drive the whole race by yourself, but when the order is shown after the race it will show you in P7, 21 seconds behind the leader or whatever.

It's not happened to me [yet], but I've seen it happen to streamers. He'd drive the race by himself, but in post race chat was being called dirty by multiple other drivers. So one can assume he was plowing into them without even knowing it.

ETA - Making an assumption here, but it's odd to be on the other end of it. I was in a race where I got hit multiple times by the same person; he was driving like I wasn't even there and knocked me off track. Unbeknownst to me at the time, he was probably having this very issue on his end and literally did not know where I - or anyone else - was.

After the 2nd or 3rd incident I got irked and went to give him a taste of his own medicine... but when I went to push him off track, it's like his car was made of Tungsten and mine was a feather. I bounced off his car and crashed, whereas his car acted like nothing even happened. I thought he was hacking but was likely having this issue.

When I was watching the aforementioned streamer, his car never acted odd like it was hitting other cars. I can just assume his car was just blasting others out of the way.

Last edited:
It would be the same. Replay files are reconstructed telemetry data, and if the console isn't receiving other people's telemetry it'll show the same thing in the replay as the race - which is why your own replays are not much good to determine what other people actually did without their replays too.

As an aside, if I had a nickel for every time someone said it definitely wasn't their connection because their connection is fast*/fine on Call of Duty/great for Netflix, I'd have so many nickels, but I wouldn't be able to spend them as I'm British and the exchange rate for coins is atrocious.

*It is wide not fast.
This is a bit of an aside but I was recently forced into a fibre optic installation. But the jack which the modem is connected to has to be at the very front of my suite; by the front door. I have no way of using an ethernet cable without drilling several holes and making the place slightly uglier.

Do you or anyone else think an ethernet powerline could help? Or is racing on wifi a big no no?

Or is racing on wifi a big no no?
It's not a big no no, but it is a great way to introduce latency and signal inteference.

I've run Cat6 (Cat5e is notionally better, because you can do tighter corners) through every relevant room in the house, courtesy of a three-foot, tungsten carbide masonry bit for my drill :D If I were super bothered about the aesthetics of the thing I'd consider chasing it in, but I'm not.

This is a bit of an aside but I was recently forced into a fibre optic installation. But the jack which the modem is connected to has to be at the very front of my suite; by the front door. I have no way of using an ethernet cable without drilling several holes and making the place slightly uglier.

Do you or anyone else think an ethernet powerline could help? Or is racing on wifi a big no no?
I use Wifi and don't have issues. My router isn't particularly close to my PS5. You'd surely get better speeds running a cable but using Wifi shouldn't be a problem. Maybe check your connection once you're in sport mode to see (there is an option to check the ping within the game).

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Both may or may not work, which is one reason why Ethernet is always the prefered method.

Ideally you should invest every effort with ethernet cables and only resort to the other 2 connections when there is absolutely no other option left.

I use Wifi and don't have issues. My router isn't particularly close to my PS5. You'd surely get better speeds running a cable but using Wifi shouldn't be a problem. Maybe check your connection once you're in sport mode to see (there is an option to check the ping within the game).

View attachment 1285916
Good call. I installed a mesh network but it may have only made it marginally better. I'll try to put myself at ease until I can drill some holes.

This happened to me on the Gazoo Racing Cup with the Corolla. It was my internet connection.
Yup. It is my home Internet. I used an old hot spot from a diff carrier and that works now! I never had a problem until last week. Now I need a new service provider for gaming

Yup. It is my home Internet. I used an old hot spot from a diff carrier and that works now! I never had a problem until last week. Now I need a new service provider for gaming
I just remember it happened to me because I used my mobile data hotspot since my wifi was off lmao

I have not experienced this glitch yet, someone will have to show me video to understand what you're talking about. Sometimes I'll enter a race in GT sport with no opponents, it's only me.

I have the same issue. Happens to me very often.. Started early summer I think. One time a guy wrote to me and said I was cheating.. I explained the bug for him and he said that he saw me on the track but I guess I was a ghost the whole race.. During the race I can see each time someone set a new fastest lap. Every time I come up to the start/finish line a can see all the cars just standing there, not ghosted, but I can still drive right trough them. As the race goes on, once someone pits, their car is removed from the start/finish line. Sometimes the camera view doesn't even change at the start of the race, so I can race with the chase cam/"camera guy" view.. Pretty cool, but super strange. 😁 I have to press R1 to change to the view into 1st person.

I’m having this issue as we speak. It’s very frustrating. Tried the two Wi-Fi connections in my house and even used my iPhone hotspot. Speeds over 120mbs and I even test the connection of the server and it shows green on all connections. But still the issue doesn’t get solved
Just got a fanatec wheel and I want to do the Daily races but no matter what I do I move and they stay where they are it’s like I’m the only person on the track
Anyone who solved this pls lmk. Thanks

Same here, been searching for days but can’t find any solutions. Im guessing it’s very few people that are having this issue that’s why PlayStation haven’t heard of it or solved it yet.

Last edited:
Absolute toilet, haven’t managed a race yesterday or today and boy about 3 gt sport races, carry’s on I’m buying an Xbox

Been having the issue since i got FTTP (Australia) can race Lobbies fine but not dailies.
Maybe time to give ACC a go.

Last edited:
I still have the issue and it's even worse now. My car is the only one moving during the rolling start but as soon as it comes close to the car in front it slows down to a crawl.. Then after a while it backs up a couple of meters and then drives forwards again until it stops just before the car in front. It keeps doing this a couple of minutes, then all of a sudden I get control of car and can finish the race. In the result screen I am atleast 4 laps after everyone else..

• Reinstalled the game
  • Tried with wired and wireless connection. I have good connection and NAT type 2
  • Also tried with hotspot from my 5g Android phone

I have tried at least 10 dailys now the last 3 weeks and ALL of them had the bug. My brother tries once on his PS5 with my account and it worked first time..

Something must wrong with either my PS5 or my account.

Next thing to try is with another account on my PS5...

Last edited:
Back