Dark souls

Halberd is the only weapon I used for both Demon and Dark Souls. Probably noobish but the only weapon I had success with. I can't give any game advice though. It's been too long since I played but I know I was much higher than lvl 30 at Tomb of the Giants.

You have to head back to firelink shrine and go another way. I don't want to say too much, but you've gone to the tomb of the giants too early. If you don't have the lordvessel, you can't progress past a certain point.

That makes me sad :(.

Well, guess I'll take the advise and head back.

Good luck man, I did a level one run once and it was super frustrating at times but very rewarding when I finally finished the game. You could get the stone armor from the forest to tank some of the bosses. Good luck with Pikachu and Snorlex. Cant really tank them imo.

That makes me sad :(.

Well, guess I'll take the advise and head back.

A lot of people got caught out on their first playthrough. It can be frustrating, but I feel it adds to the experience. It's so rare to find a game that doesn't just hold your hand and tell you where to go. Have you rung either of the bells yet?

Not to worry though. You cleared the catacombs. Technically, pinwheel was supposed to be the first boss you face in lordran (going by the amount of souls you get for beating him). I normally leave him until quite late in the game so I can do the tomb of the giants immediately after the catacombs, but it's not such a bad idea for new players to fight pinwheel early as the rite of kindling will help you with the rest of the game.

Last edited:
A lot of people got caught out on their first playthrough. It can be frustrating, but I feel it adds to the experience. It's so rare to find a game that doesn't just hold your hand and tell you where to go. Have you rung either of the bells yet?

Not to worry though. You cleared the catacombs. Technically, pinwheel was supposed to be the first boss you face in lordran (going by the amount of souls you get for beating him). I normally leave him until quite late in the game so I can do the tomb of the giants immediately after the catacombs, but it's not such a bad idea for new players to fight pinwheel early as the rite of kindling will help you with the rest of the game.

I rang the bell up in the church tower (the one with some gargoyles) before heading down the catacombs. I do find myself losing the souls I get from killing a boss way too often. I know it can be wise to use the item that sends you back to a borfire without losing anything, but I just can't help myself from exploring further. The curse of curiosity :lol:.

Last edited:
Ah, you're looking for the second bell. They didn't really give much of a hint other than saying it was "down below". Unfortunately, the catacombs isn't the right area. Just persevere a while. Once you ring the second bell, the path should be clear.

Beta delayed?

60837-Darth-Vader-NO-gif-KO5v.gif

The latest trailer hasn't been added to the thread, I believe:

Also, some of the most informative videos I've seen, concerning the new stats, character builds and stuff; might contain mild spoilers, though:

So. Much. Want. Mh, a high agility strength build... Dual Swordsman with a giant sword, hell yeah. Can't friggin' wait. And to think I'll have to wait even longer than console owners to get my itchy, impatient hands on this gem of a game :(

Rumour has it that GFWL is being removed from Dark Souls (PC, of course) after all (there was a hoax about this same subject a little while ago) so that it might be spared a permanent death when the GFWL 'service' is switched off in the summer of this year. Off topic now but Dirt 3 and Red Faction: Guerilla are apparently also being patched.

I got as far as the bonfire after defeating the infamous archers in Anor Londo and I haven't been back since, I put a lot of time into the game up to that point but that encounter really broke my enthusiasm for the game. I'd like to say I'll go back to it sometime but if I do it'll be with a new character so I can have fun again.

The archers aren't too difficult. As a matter of fact, there's a fairly cheap strategy for dealing with them.

Ignore the one on the left. Equip a shield and run up to the one on the right. You may need to roll to avoid an arrow. As long as you don't move backwards, the one on the left can't hit you anymore. Once you're up close, he'll put away the bow and pull out his sword. Keep blocking his attacks, but keep an eye on your stamina. Eventually, he'll fall off the platform and die.

I realize that you've already beaten the archers, but give this strategy a try next time. Be warned, the next boss is extremely difficult.

I know it's unlikely as you're a pc guy, but if you have this on ps3, I'd be happy to help.

The archers aren't too difficult. As a matter of fact, there's a fairly cheap strategy for dealing with them.

Ignore the one on the left. Equip a shield and run up to the one on the right. You may need to roll to avoid an arrow. As long as you don't move backwards, the one on the left can't hit you anymore. Once you're up close, he'll put away the bow and pull out his sword. Keep blocking his attacks, but keep an eye on your stamina. Eventually, he'll fall off the platform and die.

I realize that you've already beaten the archers, but give this strategy a try next time. Be warned, the next boss is extremely difficult.

I know it's unlikely as you're a pc guy, but if you have this on ps3, I'd be happy to help.

After the first few deaths I looked up strategies to beat them, yours was one of them, but even when I tried that I kept dying because of stupid, extremely cheap things like being pushed off the ledge while blocking or the guy on the left being able to curve an arrow so that even though I was no longer visible to him, I'd get hit in the back whilst trying to deal with the guy on the right. In the end I seem to recall running right up to the guy on the left, dodging his attacks and hitting him so that he fell off, then even though I didn't have to I went back to the guy on the left and crushed him with the anger of a thousand dead undead +10 Uchigatana-wielding thieves. In any case it left a sour taste and ruined my enthusiasm for the game. Knowing it gets harder from there and having seen some videos of the final boss I knew I'd never finish it so I decided to stop there.

And yet I'm still excited for Dark Souls 2, which is probably even harder!

Knowing it gets harder from there and having seen some videos of the final boss I knew I'd never finish it so I decided to stop there.

To be honest, it doesn't really get harder from here. If you can beat the next boss, you can finish the game... Unless we're taking the dlc into account, in which case, it does get harder.

And yet I'm still excited for Dark Souls 2, which is probably even harder!

Dark souls 2 is my most anticipated game. I ended up paying $20 for fast shipping. It will probably be a few days late, but hopefully it will arrive here in time for the weekend.

This game scared me, so i have to finish it and have 100% platinum. One day this day will come bot not today.

This game scared me, so i have to finish it and have 100% platinum. One day this day will come bot not today.

To get platinum trophy in Dark Souls you'll need to beat the game twice and a half, while at the same time trying not to forget to NOT talk to one of the more important characters. Oh and by the way, good luck with weapon drops (I'm looking at you channeler's trident) and tail cuts during boss fights. Also don't overlevel yourself if you want to have some fun in co-op or PvP.

In all it is worth it because Dark Souls is on Mount Rushmore of the best games on last generation of consoles.

I was up until 5 am last night playing my new copy of Dark Souls II and I can already say it's fantastic! There aren't many games these days that get me this giddy, especially ones that tend to kill you over and over again.;) So. Much. Fun! Salutations, congratulations, and condolences to my fellow DSers out there.
Praise the sun!

I'm loving darksouls 2. Only, I killed the women in red at the beginnig of the game (where you have to choose your name and class). Anybody knows if that has an effect on the rest of the game? I did get some human effigies though.

I'm loving darksouls 2. Only, I killed the women in red at the beginnig of the game (where you have to choose your name and class). Anybody knows if that has an effect on the rest of the game? I did get some human effigies though.

As far as I can tell from just googling the only thing you miss out on if you've killed the old women at the beginning is the ability to respec your character. As long as you're ok with that... just don't kill the Emerald Herald at the Majula bonfire!

I picked up the remastered edition and finally playing through this for myself. I watched enough LPs of people playing Souls games for their first times that I am confident I can handle it too. It's just about stat management really. Gameplay I'm managing with he classic sword and board style. Stuck in Blighttown and decided to stop for the night. I'll hope to beat through it tomorrow, with or without summons help

Checking in after a week. Beat Anor Londo and have options now. Did New Londo Ruins and don't know where I want to go next. Endurance is at it's soft cap of 40, Vitality at it's soft cap of 30, Strength at 32 and inching it's way towards 40. Need a three more Twinkling to max my Black Knight Shield but my other weapons except Long Bow+10 are maxed. Don't feel like farming Chunks right now.

What should I do now?

Checking in after a week. Beat Anor Londo and have options now. Did New Londo Ruins and don't know where I want to go next. Endurance is at it's soft cap of 40, Vitality at it's soft cap of 30, Strength at 32 and inching it's way towards 40. Need a three more Twinkling to max my Black Knight Shield but my other weapons except Long Bow+10 are maxed. Don't feel like farming Chunks right now.

What should I do now?

I haven't played DS since its original release but have you tried PvP? That can be fun... I don't know if the multiplayer features are different now but it should make for some good entertainment. :)

If it was Bloodborne I'd tell you to go into cursed dungeons ^^ But in DS you can do whatever you want really.

Back