Destiny: Become Legend (Now with More Iron!)

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 4,545 comments
Well I put my disc in the PS4 and it installs then downloads a 296 MB update file so I'm still not playing it yet.

Correction. After it downloads 296 MB - Then it installs the game. Modern gaming sucks.

@LJP64 What is the purpose of those codes in game?

Last edited:
Judging by what we have to go off of, they sound like emblems, player cards, and the shaders, like mentioned, sound like colors of some sort.

I plan to pick this up on Friday, even though I didnt play the demo. It looks really interesting and looks like something I can waste my life away with.

Well I put my disc in the PS4 and it installs then downloads a 296 MB update file so I'm still not playing it yet.

Correction. After it downloads 296 MB - Then it installs the game. Modern gaming sucks.

The first 17 codes will unlock Grimoire cards. These cards give you information about the Destiny universe: Ennemies, Guardians (Hunter, Warlock and Titan), weapons, locations, etc.
The next ones will unlock emblems for your character, while the last 2 codes unlock "shaders" (not sure of what shaders do, I think they unlock specific colors for the armors).

You will earn more cards, emblems and shaders in-game, aside with weapons, armor sets, etc.

OK, it's nothing really essential, but it's better than nothing at all. :D

Just decided to buy this earlier, played Halo and love loot/open world games so with the added MMO aspect (please be better than Defiance) I figure it will be entertaining for a while. Xbox One here. A lot of people currently playing on Twitch if you want to check out the gameplay.

Just decided to buy this earlier, played Halo and love loot/open world games so with the added MMO aspect (please be better than Defiance) I figure it will be entertaining for a while. Xbox One here. A lot of people currently playing on Twitch if you want to check out the gameplay.

I watched an Angry Joe video that was uploaded today and he says that the MMO aspect isn't really there.

Is anyone purchasing this on Xbox 360? If so, add me. Gamertag: Phillkillv2

Also, the Microsoft Stores in the US are having launch parties, and are giving out many different things like consoles, goody bags, food, and are allowing people to play the game in the store. I reckon you people should check it out if you're in the U.S and are buying the game.

I'm gonna have fun tonight! :D

I got here pretty early, but some people have gotten here afterwards, pretty cool if you ask me. I dont feel like waiting till 12am to get my game, maybe I'm a lazy person. I guess Ill hang around and play the game for two hours (got here at 10pm)

I won the raffle of the highest prize: XO Seven Turtle Beach

I also got a wrist band, water bottle, and a poster. Oh and a shirt.

I thought I lost my raffle ticket, but I found that I dropped it (thank god no one else picked it up) I can't use the headset so I'm wondering if I should sell it or wait until I get the XB1.

Either way, it was fun, watched people play DeStiny, free pizza and other nice stuff. Kudos to Microsoft.

Nice.
I just played a little bit to get through the tutorial part and I'm not sure weather to be impressed with the level of graphics on the PS3 or disappointed in the lack of fidelity on the Xbox One I'm not really noticing much of a difference. Oh well good thing it's amazing fun!

My brother pre-ordered the digital version on his PS4 but I can't play it on my account... This is most upsetting.

The took a picture of me with the other winners and I probably looked extremely haggard and tired.

Just a pic of the headphones

288de6f973293cebb1a73ac2fd0b7f3b.png

I have to wait till this evening before I get
My brother pre-ordered the digital version on his PS4 but I can't play it on my account... This is most upsetting.
This sounds weird...
If your account is set on your brother's console, you should be able to play...

I have to wait till this evening before I get

This sounds weird...
If your account is set on your brother's console, you should be able to play...

That's what I thought, I can play basically anything else he owns, just not Destiny!

@phillkillv2 I have those, and for stereo headphones, they are actually really nice.

I'm jealous of anyone that is playing the game. I wont be picking it up till payday :(

How do you guys play this Crap? I watched a stream on twitch for like 20 minutes and wanted to commit seppuku from the boredom. I can't believe anyone would find it entertaining to run through ****, linear levels filled with enemies that just stand there for run out single file to come attack you. What a stupid game.

Been playing for a while now shaking off the rust, and I'm beginning to notice that the leveling really is toned down ever so much but not to the point where you'll be stuck at a particular level for too long. I'm already seeing Level 8's jumping all over the place.

I'd imagine it becomes a bit progressive once you've reached Level 10.

Most are either at work, playing the game, or taking a break.

I'm doing a combination of the latter two.

I can understand why @Omnis is worndering that. The levels are pretty dry due to the scripting and the respawn rates. I'm going to treat this game like a subscription and sell it before retail value drops too much. Its fun but I still dont know if it's worth that $60 price tag yet.

How do you guys play this Crap? I watched a stream on twitch for like 20 minutes and wanted to commit seppuku from the boredom. I can't believe anyone would find it entertaining to run through ****, linear levels filled with enemies that just stand there for run out single file to come attack you. What a stupid game.
That's every game ever made with CPU enemies. I hate single player and coop shooters. This one is actually kind of fun though. The exploring and loot is what I like about it. The fighting though is just like any other game with CPU enemies.

If I've already played Borderlands, why should I put time into Destiny?

Sorry, that is not enough to convince me that it is good. Sony are treating it like a first party game because it's the only billion-dollar AAA titles on its system. Just because something is expensive doesn't mean it's good.

What is different about it compared to Borderlands gameplay? Because unless I'm missing something, it's the same gameplay mechanic.

That's what I thought, I can play basically anything else he owns, just not Destiny!
On PS4, Destiny requires a PSN+ subscription (nothing required on PS3). Maybe you can't play it because of that...

Watching streams on Twitch is just boring. On that point I fully agree with you.
But watching streams and playing the actual game are two different things...

As for this "crap", as you said, I played the beta and had lots of fun. So I'll play the game as from tonight as soon as I get it from my retailer.
Anyway, the risk was low, it will cost me just 20 bucks, as I took the game in a PS4+Destiny bundle. Which means that I can't lose money even if I sell the game later.

Still waiting for my copy to arrive. How many places can you visit? Is it the same as the beta?
By now (as far as I know): Earth (Russia), the Moon, Mars and Venus.
I guess more will be added, as rumors stated Jupiter, Mercury and the Reef...

I'll try to check this tonight.

Wow, it requires PS+? Dealbreaker for me, even if it was a good game.
If I remember well, PSN+ is required on PS4 for some game modes (maybe not all however).
Gold is required on Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

If you have a PS3, no need for PSN+...

Back