Destiny: Become Legend (Now with More Iron!)

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 4,545 comments
That Iron Banner mode does sound fun. I like playing vs mp games with vehicles. So if that has turrets, tanks, etc then that's what I am looking for. I will check it out over the weekend for sure since the beta ends in a few days.

Congrats on the PS4. Looks like you are going to have a blast this weekend.

Destiny is exactly the same on ps3 and ps4.. just ps3 is the low rez one, my characters transferred, and voice chat on ps3 is better using the same Playstation Gold Wirless Headset.

Have to say, I would have been perfectly happy with playing it on PS3 so for those of you who are upgrading just for this game, you can wait if you want. looks like your character will follow you from PS3 to PS4. EDIT - this is confirmed on the Bungie Site

I bought mine because the deal dell had where you get a $100 gift card with the console. It came with MLB 14 the show, which I do not care for, but lucky me Best Buy trade in value is $32 for it, so I got Killzone Shadow Fall and a $10 gift card in trade. - and I am going to be playing Project CARS.

Just need to figure out what to spend that $100 dell gift card on it expires in 90 days.... does dell normally sell the new racing wheels when they come out?

Last edited:
@Spitfire77

Yes the characters carry over without any issues at all. My brother had a code for the X1, then I gave him a code for the 360. To both our surprise, he was able to select his X1 character to play instantly on the 360. It works very fluid with no issues. The only obvious difference was the visual quality. Other than that its the EXACT same game on this gen compared to next gen. :)

I already planned on getting the X1 because of The Master Chief Collection. Which I still feel is one of THE best deals in history. 4 games, a beta access, access to a digital series, and over 100 mp maps all for only $59.99. Incredible deal. Plus now the X1 will also have 3d so it truly will be the console that does everything for me.

@Spitfire77

Yes the characters carry over without any issues at all. My brother had a code for the X1, then I gave him a code for the 360. To both our surprise, he was able to select his X1 character to play instantly on the 360. It works very fluid with no issues. The only obvious difference was the visual quality. Other than that its the EXACT same game on this gen compared to next gen. :)

I already planned on getting the X1 because of The Master Chief Collection. Which I still feel is one of THE best deals in history. 4 games, a beta access, access to a digital series, and over 100 mp maps all for only $59.99. Incredible deal. Plus now the X1 will also have 3d so it truly will be the console that does everything for me.

Forza and the remastering of all the Halos almost had me getting an Xbone... those are the games I will be missing with my ps4 choice.

Forza and the remastering of all the Halos almost had me getting an Xbone... those are the games I will be missing with my ps4 choice.
Oh yeah Forza 5 was a no brainer. Then to top that off Horizon 2 is also coming out this year.

I forgot to mention how excited I was to see the Scarab looking enemy in the Destiny beta. Those were one of my favorite parts of Halo 3. The Covenant level was just so epic especially at the very end when we were able to battle 2 scarabs at the same time!!!! Hopefully Destiny will have some huge epic enemies like the Scarabs.

The Halo 3 Covenant level dual scarab battle. Even better if played as a 4 player co-op. At the beginning 2 scarabs actually fall from the sky at the same time!! But you actually only get to see 1 fall in this video.

Ok so they will transfer between the same overall platform which is good so hopefully they will go from Playstation to Xbox since I started on the PS3 but plan on actually playing on the One

Ok so they will transfer between the same overall platform which is good so hopefully they will go from Playstation to Xbox since I started on the PS3 but plan on actually playing on the One
I read (on Bungie's website I guess) that transferring your game save will be possible from PS3 to PS4 and vice-versa, and from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and vice-versa, but NOT from Sony systems to Microsoft systems...

Furthermore, the other players you will see around you in Destiny will be playing on the same system as you, i.e. if you're playing on Xbox One, the other players you see will be playing on Xbox One too and not on Xbox 360 or other systems... If you play on Xbox One and your best friends play on Xbox 360 or Playstation, you will not see each other.

I read (on Bungie's website I guess) that transferring your game save will be possible from PS3 to PS4 and vice-versa, and from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and vice-versa, but NOT from Sony systems to Microsoft systems...

Furthermore, the other players you will see around you in Destiny will be playing on the same system as you, i.e. if you're playing on Xbox One, the other players you see will be playing on Xbox One too and not on Xbox 360 or other systems... If you play on Xbox One and your best friends play on Xbox 360 or Playstation, you will not see each other.
Perfect answer. 100% correct.

Boooooooo hiss haha good thing I wasn't really expecting that to work I only got to level 5 or 6 with my warlock anyway would only need a few hours to duplicate it. Not surprised to hear that you will be playing with other people in the same console I would imagine it is much easier for them to make everything work that way.

Anybody who's getting this on PS4 feel free to add me (priesty_lfc)

I'm generally gonna be running in open world but apparently lots open up after you complete it but you'll need to be in squads....

:)

Anybody who's getting this on PS4 feel free to add me (priesty_lfc)

I'm generally gonna be running in open world but apparently lots open up after you complete it but you'll need to be in squads....

:)

Same here add me if you like - SoCaLLbeer - will be interested more in the co-op pve but will play in the crucible from time to time.

Now waiting for my pre-ordered Glacier white PS4 + Destiny bundle... :D

I was close to getting that bundle as well, but I just couldn't get the white one. I would grub up the controller and the wife said white does not match the decor.

image.jpg
Not sure if anyone saw this. Bungie put it up on the 30th July.

Last edited:
Even on 360, this game has that next gen feel. I was kind of skeptical on this game during the e3s but I didn't expect for it to take me by surprise like this. I ended up playing the beta for two days straight. Now I'm only questioning if I should spend $120+ to renew my XBL and purchase it on Xbox 360. That's a-lot of money on vidya games but this game just hooked me.

That's one of my favorite parts of Bungie is their outstanding stat tracking. Hopefully they set up a really detailed stat site like they did with the Halo series. 20% of the time was in the Citadel (Tower). I am surprised there wasn't a stat for the amount of time spent dancing. :lol:

Only about 1 month away before this releases!!!!

That's one of my favorite parts of Bungie is their outstanding stat tracking. Hopefully they set up a really detailed stat site like they did with the Halo series. 20% of the time was in the Citadel (Tower). I am surprised there wasn't a stat for the amount of time spent dancing. :lol:

Only about 1 month away before this releases!!!!

That is a stat I'd genuinely be interested to know.

Perhaps I am the only one, but the multiplayer aspect of Destiny does not really interest me. I do however, love to explore and farm for engrams.

Perhaps I am the only one, but the multiplayer aspect of Destiny does not really interest me. I do however, love to explore and farm for engrams.

I have partially the same opinion. I did not like the PvP modes at all. Run to the combat zone, kill/be killed, respawn, run back to the combat zone, kill/be killed... No interest in my opinion. I've always hated PvP, in all games.
On the other hand, I found the cooperation modes really very cool. I think I will play them rather often.

They're gone
Oh well it will make it easier for me to start on the One now.
That's fine with me. I usually prefer to start all over from scratch anyway. Plus I already knew I was going to pick up the X1 for this game. And I did. :D
I have partially the same opinion. I did not like the PvP modes at all. Run to the combat zone, kill/be killed, respawn, run back to the combat zone, kill/be killed... No interest in my opinion. I've always hated PvP, in all games.
On the other hand, I found the cooperation modes really very cool. I think I will play them rather often.

That's the great part about Destiny. There is a very wide range of activities ranging from co-op, to campaign, to free roam, to multiplayer. There is always something fun for everyone to do. The mp reminded me of the Halo multiplayer in a good way. I didn't care much for the smaller map but I truly enjoyed the large map with vehicles. As I do with any mp game. I always prefer the chaos involved with vehicles on larger maps. :)

Now that I have the X1, I am truly prepared for my week off PAID with Destiny!

That game caught me by surprise. I expected nothing special (or nothing at all).
And finally, at the end of the beta testing, I pre-ordered the "Glacier White PS4 + Destiny" bundle, although I had sworn that I would not buy a PS4 until early 2015...
My first days will be dedicated to installing the PS4, setting up my LAN connection on the PS4, updating the firmware (which may take some time due to my slow connection) and installing the game and testing. I think that friday night and the whole week-end will be dedicated to gaming then.

That's the great part about Destiny. There is a very wide range of activities ranging from co-op, to campaign, to free roam, to multiplayer. There is always something fun for everyone to do. The mp reminded me of the Halo multiplayer in a good way. I didn't care much for the smaller map but I truly enjoyed the large map with vehicles. As I do with any mp game. I always prefer the chaos involved with vehicles on larger maps. :)

Now that I have the X1, I am truly prepared for my week off PAID with Destiny!

Yeah, yeah! I have been playing CoD multiplayer for the best part of ten years now, and I am tired of it. Destiny has arrived at just the right time to satisfy my jade soul! :lol:

On a side note, I am chuffed that I have pre-ordered the Ghost edition of this brilliant game. I was being a little ambitious, as I rarely if ever by the top-line editions of games, but a little voice in my head said BUY, BUY, BUY! Judging by all the furore surrounding the Ghost edition, I could be sitting on a little nest egg! :lol:

Really looking forward to the Combined arms mp game mode. That will basically be the Big Team Battle mode from the Halo series. Along with all the co-op modes too and co-op storyline.

Back