• Cizeta V16T '94

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • TVR Cerbera Speed 12 '00

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Ford Ka '01

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
73 Lancia, by far on this list IS the worst of the worst...I see what other have decided on, but if you look at what kind of driving the car was meant and used for, the Stratos is a monster IMO

I definitely appreciated both points above from Nomad and Baka. The STRATOS is heralded as a multi-year world rally champion that can change direction more easily than any other car ever made. Also, I agree with at least some sentiment that Baka explains: some tuning efforts have as their goal a comfortable or better-suited-to-me driving experience. I've never been part of a professional racing team, but I imagine the conversations between drivers and the mechanics/engineers typically include this sentiment as an important consideration. One wrench I would throw into the discussion is this, "At what point is a tune ever complete?"

I know my tune is not complete (or I have a long way to go towards 'Learning a car') when one lap time is way out in front of what I can typically achieve. This usually means there are particular problem corners or a response of the car that I'm trying to iron out.

other cars that surprised me with their overall handling characteristics are:

Callaway C12
Hyundai Coupe 3.8

Maybe they both have a similar chassis shape or weight differential (front:rear), but I found both their native handling capabilities revolting (UNDERSTEER!) and squishy. But not sure they are worthy additions to "difficult drives."

Latest Posts

Back