DiRT 3 Event of the Week (23): CLOSED

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 529 comments
Edit: 1:23.032

Fastest sector times for the night out of all my runs:
sector 1: 24.508, sector 2: 42.650, and sector 3 1:03.458.

Getting closer, but damn is it hard to string together a great run lol.

Last edited:
Well due to imminent hard drive failure on my laptop, I can no longer submit (on university computer now, so I don't know my time and won't be around to submit it most likely).

Not sure how recent this time is, but I saw your time on the leader board.
Opel Kadett GT/E 1:24.166

Edit: 1:23.032

Fastest sector times for the night out of all my runs:
sector 1: 24.508, sector 2: 42.650, and sector 3 1:03.458.

Getting closer, but damn is it hard to string together a great run lol.
Its getting closer. :)

Basically the #2 corners, I had most of my problems there, I'd take one perfect then screw up the next.
Oh right yea, I usually try not to go too fast. And avoid getting more than 2 wheels on the grass, otherwise it's gonna be bumpy.

1:24.177 - Opel Kadett GT/E
Dat first 2 and dat 2nd 2, I hate them with a passion.

The first double-left turn can be a pain, but the second is a nightmare, especially in the Fiat (needed to take it slower due to understeer). The Opel may be more tail-happy, but I can go through that second double-left much faster with it than I can with the Fiat. I feels more nimble too, if a tad unstable.

Anyway, 1:25.123 in the Opel Kadett GT/E was my fastest time. I managed a 1:25.664 with the Fiat just now as well, but I had trouble knocking off time in the middle section.

So week 3 is up now. It was a toss-up between Eagle River and a different Trailblazer stage, but I'll leave that one for a later date instead.

1:25.232 - Monster Sport SX4, Just for now.

Will have a proper go later, maybe try the RMR too if i get time.

No worries, mate. I'm liking the new avvy, by the way. 👍

And I'll get a time up soon. Maybe tonight if I'm not too tired.

No worries, mate. I'm liking the new avvy, by the way. 👍

And I'll get a time up soon. Maybe tonight if I'm not too tired.

Wow, why weren't there this many people playing before in Season 1 EOTW?

Oh well, more work for you so it doesn't matter to me :P

Wow, why weren't there this many people playing before in Season 1 EOTW?

Oh well, more work for you so it doesn't matter to me :P

And where were you last week? We could have had 7 participants on the board!

And I'm as surprised as you at how many people are doing it this time around. Granted, I did get a couple of friends to take part in this, which is like, 2 more than I expected. Hopefully I can get some more to join in soon.

I was busy finishing up the semester and cleaning out my room because I was rearranging wardrobes since I was getting a new one. My bandwidth was also low, but it reset just today :)

I was busy finishing up the semester and cleaning out my room because I was rearranging wardrobes since I was getting a new one. My bandwidth was also low, but it reset just today :)

Ah. I hated the bandwidth on my old connection, but that's no longer an issue these days, thankfully.

And I set a time earlier on. 1:23.513 - RMR PM580.

1:23.122 - RMR PM580

My goal every week is to beat Wiegert seeing as i have no chance against jim or wilk.

My goal every week is to beat Wiegert seeing as i have no chance against jim or wilk.

135568%20-%20animated%20image_macro%20it_is_on%20rarity.gif

I'll try and see if I can beat your time with the Suzuki first. Failing that, then I'll go back to the trusty RMR PM580.

1:22.667 - RMR PM580

Turns out the Suzuki with a default set-up is almost useless on this stage, so the RMR is the only real option for me. I had 4 good runs that ended with me smashing into trees, signs, etc, but I managed to make an improvement in the end, even though had to slow down more on the final turn after sliding the back end a little too much. Also, I just realised that I'm top of the board this week... wasn't expecting that at all.

Oh, and it's your move, GTuned. :P

Last edited:
mlfw4383-13287204689345.jpg

1:21.970 - RMR PM580

ikr? took the hairpins somehow perfectly and that first tarmac turn too.

Suzuki Monster Sport SX4 - 1:24.154

Playing the game seriously for the first time in months, so I'll go back later and run it some more with some other cars.

Back