DLC Karts - currently in Arcade Mode right now!

• Thread starter C-ZETA
  • 73 comments
England
Bromley
V16T91
E0nLeader
At the present moment, unbeknownst to us through the news update, you can actually access the 3 Kart DLC cars in Arcade Mode right now! Finding them is quite simple:

1. Go to Arcade Mode.
2. Start up any game mode and select a track.
3. Go to the Arcade Only section, then scroll right to the end, and all 3 DLC karts are at the end of the list.

I'm not entirely sure how they escaped here either, probably for the purposes of the Karting restriction that can be given onto your car...but either way, this is currently the only way to drive any of the DLC thus far. Plus, the number of colours all 3 karts come in are pretty amazing too...

AutumnRingMini.jpg

Racing Kart Jr.

EifelKart-3.jpg

Racing Kart 100

TokyoBayKart-2.jpg

Racing Kart 125

Also, as a quick note, the old PDI Racing Kart has been downgraded from 33hp to 21 now...the 125 Racing Kart also sounds different to the other karts, and also has a different cockpit. Note how all of the new karts also have lights too. I haven't compared the performance for them yet, but the Jr. should obviously be the slowest and the 125 the fastest with the 100 in the middle.

By the way, the number of your kart will always be 1. The alternative numbers are here because these are mainly AI I am taking pictures of.

Have fun out there with them.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up. I would have never found this, I've only used arcade 5 times :P

Thanks for the heads up. Personally I think I will wait for all the DLC and try them out on that weird space park track (all that's missing from the DLC are dungarees, a cap and turtle shells) but good spot. Quite liked the kart events so will definitely revisit 👍

Sweet find C-ZETA! :D I will probably try this later after I finish downloading Spec 2.0 :D Cool! How fast do the new karts go?

Sweet find C-ZETA! :D I will probably try this later after I finish downloading Spec 2.0 :D Cool! How fast do the new karts go?

They top out around 80-90mph, and are considerably faster than the old ones, they also seem to have changed the physics slightly so they are now more go kart like.

And if anyone is interested the engine on the 125's is a rotax fr125 senior.

How fast do the new karts go?

Again, don't know for sure. The Jr karts are obviously the slowest, they were close to the red line at about the 65mph mark. The 125 feels a lot faster and with the new sound/cockpit a lot different too. Again, the old PDI 100 kart has actually been downgraded from 33 to 21hp, the other one might feel slightly more like 33hp, unless the 125's at that level.

I'm betting that all the new cars are in the 2.0 update. Otherwise how could you race against people who have the new cars online when you didn't buy them?

I'm betting that all the new cars are in the 2.0 update. Otherwise how could you race against people who have the new cars online when you didn't buy them?

They are, as since DLC works like 'When you buy it, it's activated in game'. However, I don't know why the karts here are just in Arcade Mode. To be honest, the only valid reason I can see is for the online 'Karting' restriction races so you can always enter those races.

I agree, but it's also possible that there will be another patch for them next week. the karts being in arcade is weird to me though, although I think it's pretty cool. This again proves that gt5 updates always have hidden features.

I'm pretty excited for next week's DLC.

edit: btw, I demand credit for discovering this 45 mins earlier :D.

They top out around 80-90mph, and are considerably faster than the old ones, they also seem to have changed the physics slightly so they are now more go kart like.

And if anyone is interested the engine on the 125's is a rotax fr125 senior.

Hmm, i guess my specuation is correct, i looked at the picture in the news post and said " that looks like a rotax max senior pipe on that kart" and sure enough it is. Btw that engine is rated at 28,5 hp

This now really makes me want Kart Space so much :D Will have more pictures up of the karts soon.

Also indeed the engine is different for the 125 - the description it has says it's water-cooled rather than air-cooled. Speaking of which, the descriptions for them can be found at the bottom of this page here.

Hmm, i guess my specuation is correct, i looked at the picture in the news post and said " that looks like a rotax max senior pipe on that kart" and sure enough it is. Btw that engine is rated at 28,5 hp

"Rated at", my junior rotax engine is rated at 20.5bhp but produces 25.7. A senior actually produces closer to 31-32bhp.

"Rated at", my junior rotax engine is rated at 20.5bhp but produces 25.7. A senior actually produces closer to 31-32bhp.

Sorry, By rated at i mean what it is rated at from the manufacturer. I have never dynoed my kart, i just go off of the manual

Sorry, By rated at i mean what it is rated at from the manufacturer. I have never dynoed my kart, i just go off of the manual

Yeah, I was abit confused when I saw what it said on the rotax website, it says minimax is 13bhp whereas they are actually they are actually 20bhp.

I have never dyno'ed mine either, just going off what they guy I bought it off had on his dyno sheet.

Does anyone know what rating it gives in the game, the speed of the karts seems about right though.

👍 👍 Anyone found Spa? :lol:

Lol i wish, i must admit, i was looking though.

Oh and it doesn't say the power in the game, but im guessing it is between 28 and 32hp. I like how they got the power band right with the kart, its just that you barely feel it when it is geared for 140. And they even got the timing retard right at 12,000rpm, i cant wait to re gear it for 110 for my small track its goona be fun

The 125 has a nice LCD on the wheel with speed and some other stats on it. If you brake really hard, the driver's head obviously leans forwards, allowing you a very close look at it :D

I forgot to check if the other 2 had this display, but the 100 in normal GT mode doesn't have it.

Tonystew42
Edit: It appears you have to go to a kart-sized track for them to show up. ie Autumn Ring Mini, any kart track, etc.

That's weird, because when I had Nurburgring 24h selected they showed up.

As a quick note, the karts will not show up if you select a Change Weather track (normal variations with this option available are fine). I do believe, being in Arcade Mode, though, you can use them online in the rain.

DickDastardly
I forgot to check if the other 2 had this display, but the 100 in normal GT mode doesn't have it.

It's just the 125 with the display. I'll be uploading a pic of it later. Even bothered to put the wheel as my profile pic :lol:

Back