Drag tunes

• Thread starter bigal9120
  • 363 comments
This was the only car I couldn't tune. No matter what I did other SpecV's would always beat me. What I finally did was break it in. Never used this car for any of the events and bought it solely for drag racing. With that extra hp, you should shorten the 6th gear as much as possible (mine has a top speed of 160) and lengthen the 1st gear. Also a big deciding factor in AWD cars is the Torque Differential ;)

This was the only car I couldn't tune. No matter what I did other SpecV's would always beat me. What I finally did was break it in. Never used this car for any of the events and bought it solely for drag racing. With that extra hp, you should shorten the 6th gear as much as possible (mine has a top speed of 160) and lengthen the 1st gear. Also a big deciding factor in AWD cars is the Torque Differential ;)

u only hit 160?? wow

i get more

With my Enzo I hit 172mph, which is very respectable at Indy. But since the launch isn't amazing, it WILL lose to the SpecV. What speed do you get? (In mph please)

thats a damn fine trap speed in the 1/4 mile dude

I think he is referring to SSR7.

Last edited:
With my Enzo I hit 172mph, which is very respectable at Indy. But since the launch isn't amazing, it WILL lose to the SpecV. What speed do you get? (In mph please)

iv never lost to a spec v but 1\4 mile i hit 186 mph all the way out the tunnel 251

iv never lost to a spec v but 1\4 mile i hit 186 mph all the way out the tunnel 251

186? In what, an X1? I KNOW for a fact no one gets above 180 on Indy with CONVENTIONAL street cars.

No camber, full power diff settings, lower gear ratio and as always stiff springs and lowest available ride height. Manual obviously. Goodluck and also no Aero settings

No camber, full power diff settings, lower gear ratio and as always stiff springs and lowest available ride height. Manual obviously. Goodluck and also no Aero settings
Well, lower gear ratio for 2 to what ever gear yes, first gear ratio should be a little bit longer so the tires dont spin. On 4wd cars, im nor sure about the springs, but i usually run soft springs and dampers, and ride height is a little bit higher in he back. It works well for me, but i dont know if its the correct way.

On RWD cars, you want a decent amount of chamber in front. Also you want soft springs in rear to plant it when you launch and get maximum traction. Diff settings range from person to person but I like max/min/min.

i object on that suspension bro u dnt want lowest ride height because u need t o lift it a little to allow the car to pillow on take off , if u had low height hard everything u would just spin , but thats my take:sly:

How do u record trap speeds, and 1/4 mile times? Or are u just going heads up?
Well, yesterday we were running on indy road course, and a person called the launch, and on "go" he started the stopwatch, and checked the time when the car passed the line. This works okay, but only if you launch your car when "go" is called, and not before (you only fool yourself).

Otherwise we are running 2 cars at a time to a certain distance, and the car that reaches the spot first wins. This is so called "street" style drag....

You don't want Camber in the rear. Less camber equals more tire contact with road surface. Camber is for handling properties which don't necessarly apply to a quarter mile. As far as ride height is concerned a little higher in the back wouldn't hurt depending on the car but mostly the front is low. Lower center of gravity pretians to ideal handling.

They really do need to put in a 2 lane drag "course". It was at Hong-Kong in GT4 right?

Yea, this is my routine:

1. Turn on my PS3
2. Hook up DFGT
3. Grind Ferrari seasonal until I get 5 mil
4. Browse UCD
5. Drag for 4 hours :D
6. Turn of PS3

:D

u only hit 160?? wow

The speed at the end of the 1/4 doesn't even matter! You could have an X1 sit half way through the 1/4 for 10 minutes and then he guns it and does 190 MPH at the end while the other car did 150 MPH but he still finished first.. :ouch:

The speed at the end of the 1/4 doesn't even matter! You could have an X1 sit half way through the 1/4 for 10 minutes and then he guns it and does 190 MPH at the end while the other car did 150 MPH but he still finished first.. :ouch:

i know that dude lol i tell that to ppl all the time, come see me and my crew we drag full tunnel at ssr7 i wanna see wat u got , cheers d2 from GME

i know that dude lol i tell that to ppl all the time, come see me and my crew we drag full tunnel at ssr7 i wanna see wat u got , cheers d2 from GME

I don't like to punch it in a straight line for 9 seconds ;) Come see me, myself, and I at an actual racetrack, I wanna see what you got.

I don't like to punch it in a straight line for 9 seconds ;) Come see me, myself, and I at an actual racetrack, I wanna see what you got.
Why would he do that, this is drag racing, not circuit racing. I dont know who GME is and i dont care either, but if they are helping people tune their cars and come with good advice, than its okay.

/"Draggan"

its hard to be a "group tuner/shop" for drag as there are so many fast cars out there

sure you can give a base tune but you cant guarantee or boast your the quickest because i can bet there will be someone faster

if not now, someone will step up and get faster. a lot of these drag racers play/test & tune every single day. that means they are getting a little faster as each day goes by

with that said, its fun because it keeps the game interesting. if you keep winning then there isnt a need to tune

its hard to be a "group tuner/shop" for drag as there are so many fast cars out there

sure you can give a base tune but you cant guarantee or boast your the quickest because i can bet there will be someone faster

if not now, someone will step up and get faster. a lot of these drag racers play/test & tune every single day. that means they are getting a little faster as each day goes by

with that said, its fun because it keeps the game interesting. if you keep winning then there isnt a need to tune
Well, both yes and no. I still claim we know to little about the game physics ta make a good base tune that makes sense. Many cars are fast out there, but they are running tunes that doesnt make sence. And yes, tuning isnt a one time offer, maybe just for some people that really knew the tuning from the beggining. For example, my supra was one of the fastest one once, but now it isnt because others have used the same technic as me, and optimized it. Now i got to ask others for help so they can educate me, so i can optimize further. And thats the benefit of having a team, you can share all good information fast with eachother, and be number one.......untill some other person finds out.

Why would he do that, this is drag racing, not circuit racing. I dont know who GME is and i dont care either, but if they are helping people tune their cars and come with good advice, than its okay.

/"Draggan"

The why would I drag race if I don't do it, you see? I did get a bit offended when he calls me out saying I should come "see him and his crew" because he wants to see what I got when drag racing is not my thing. Why'd you jump into this anyway bud?

Edit: If you call help telling someone one sentence about suspension and then a ton of other useless posts that has nothing to do with helping someone out then so be it.

Last edited:
The why would I drag race if I don't do it, you see? I did get a bit offended when he calls me out saying I should come "see him and his crew" because he wants to see what I got when drag racing is not my thing. Why'd you jump into this anyway bud?

Edit: If you call help telling someone one sentence about suspension and then a ton of other useless posts that has nothing to do with helping someone out then so be it.

calm down boys were all adults , i like drag racing and track tuning but i just prefer drag, didn mean to offend anyone

Back