Drag tuning basics

• Thread starter Michael xd
  • 233 comments
Sniipezz--28--
Hey guys, ive just fully upgraded my dodge viper srt10 and was wondering if anyone out there with drag tuning knowlage, could give me some pointers as im clueless, all i want to know is some basics and i`ll do the rest from there.

Thanks.

If it's anything like GT3 & GT4 have been it's been like this:

FF: min height front, max height rear, hard dampers and a spring rate that's double the rear compared to the front.
FR: Opposite to FF.
4WD: Very similar to FR, just factor in FF toe & camber.

That's the simplest way I'm doing it without getting into big figures.

Hey guys, ive just fully upgraded my dodge viper srt10 and was wondering if anyone out there with drag tuning knowlage, could give me some pointers as im clueless, all i want to know is some basics and i`ll do the rest from there.

Thanks.

Can you elaborate what exactly about drag do you wish to know, and how you wish to apply it? I might know some formulas that may help you calculate drag, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll register in GT5 because the game doesn't record all parameters.

1586756-747012.jpg

Everything you need to know... 👍

Can you elaborate what exactly about drag do you wish to know, and how you wish to apply it? I might know some formulas that may help you calculate drag, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll register in GT5 because the game doesn't record all parameters.

182832-quadruple_facepalm_super.jpg

He's talking about DRAG RACING, not aerodynamic drag. :odd: Man, reading posts like this takes my IQ to a cliff and makes it freefall off it.

Tips like below should be dicussed in this thread.

1. What car revs at what rpm... basicly how to get a good launch

2. What mods/tune should fit for a drag racing project car.

3. Which track is best for doing drag racing online. ( i prefered ssr7 tunnels)

Well im looking forward for this.

Looking for any Tunings done to JDM cars especially.... Hondas, Subaru, Nissans, Toyota or anything else comes in mind...

Thanks.

because it has alot of torque make the first gear very long and the other gears very short to match the first.

Thanks.

Where you gunna plan to drag it?

If it's anything like GT3 & GT4 have been it's been like this:

FF: min height front, max height rear, hard dampers and a spring rate that's double the rear compared to the front.
FR: Opposite to FF.
4WD: Very similar to FR, just factor in FF toe & camber.

That's the simplest way I'm doing it without getting into big figures.

You want the rear lower than the front on FR cars? 0_o

You want the rear lower than the front on FR cars? 0_o

Read the message again, I said IF it's anything like GT3 & GT4. Also, look at when I posted that message, over 7 months ago. Next time you want to trip me up, look at all the info first and not pick on small bits. :cool:

Read the message again, I said IF it's anything like GT3 & GT4. Also, look at when I posted that message, over 7 months ago. Next time you want to trip me up, look at all the info first and not pick on small bits. :cool:

Ah, missed the date :)

Just when a senior member I respect says something that goes against everything I learned, it raises an eyebrow 👍

I'd say it is, but today i was getting wasted by another maxed out ACR using auto transmission :ouch: . Everyone in the lobby was confused, and this was even on Indy.

You remember his name?

I always thought it was better to start in second gear when using the ACR

I start in 2nd and not many people beat me. I even beat the leaders of some good teams :lol:

You remember his name?

I start in 2nd and not many people beat me. I even beat the leaders of some good teams :lol:

Shatt3ringkaboom or something weird like that. He has a gold chorme ACR with gold BBS rims. Also has a purple ACR which seems to be the quickest Oiper i've ever seen on the 1/4 :indiff:

Shatt3ringkaboom or something weird like that. He has a gold chorme ACR with gold BBS rims. Also has a purple ACR which seems to be the quickest Oiper i've ever seen on the 1/4 :indiff:

K will keep an eye out for him ;)

The secret to be fast on 1/4 is to have good launch and use as many gears as possible, and redline at the shadows. The more gears you use, the faster acceleration you get. Also if you are using auto, you get perfect shifts.

The secret to be fast on 1/4 is to have good launch and use as many gears as possible, and redline at the shadows. The more gears you use, the faster acceleration you get. Also if you are using auto, you get perfect shifts.

In my room:
~ Auto = Kick
~ Skid Recovery = Kick
~ X1 = Kick

lol

Redlining in the "shadow"? Never heard that one b4...

In my room:
~ Auto = Kick
~ Skid Recovery = Kick
~ X1 = Kick

lol

Redlining in the "shadow"? Never heard that one b4...
Well, at the shadows, you know the 1/4 end......auto on indy 1/4 doesnt deserve kick, because many cars have to short gears, specially if you are using all 6 ones, so you will actually benefit from it. Many cars in real life has auto trans so i dont see any problem with that. I dont see any big deal with tsc or asm either, because those people using it will only be slower of the line, because their acceleration will lag :)

Well, at the shadows, you know the 1/4 end......auto on indy 1/4 doesnt deserve kick, because many cars have to short gears, specially if you are using all 6 ones, so you will actually benefit from it. Many cars in real life has auto trans so i dont see any problem with that. I dont see any big deal with tsc or asm either, because those people using it will only be slower of the line, because their acceleration will lag :)

Auto - Gear shifts are a critical part in dragging. Putting it in Automatic is bypassing a critical component of the event. Yes some real life cars drag with auto tranny but most are stick. IMO this is like TCS. Real men dont use it lol :D

Skid Recovery - Adds grip when tires are spinning. When people drag at Indy, their tires spin :)

Auto - Gear shifts are a critical part in dragging. Putting it in Automatic is bypassing a critical component of the event. Yes some real life cars drag with auto tranny but most are stick. IMO this is like TCS. Real men dont use it lol :D

Skid Recovery - Adds grip when tires are spinning. When people drag at Indy, their tires spin :)
Yes, but it decreases the performance. And yes, auto is bypassing, but still..

add a question mark to the end of the title because right now it looks like its a thread telling people drag tune basics

Back