Drift Stage

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 423 comments
From a few days ago, it's a weird one...

"

Horrifying! At least he has fun.

Or a more simple version of it (that I found after posting lol):

CaFOLRBUUAAZtFe.png:large

Haha, that was the exact same picture which I found after reading your earlier post. It's quite the... "interesting" sight, but at least he is having a blast just mimicking memes left and right. After all, most of Delko's Twitter posts are memetastic, so it's not entirely surprising. After all, I still remember that decal editor post which had Hatsune Miku and John Cena logos as part of the decal list... :lol:

But yes, having a Group 5 car is both unexepected and awesome, it'll be a great addition to the game. The roof wing is also glorious.

So can you mod this game? It looks like you can make your own models with SketchUp from @Downhill Dino's post.

Well, not much has been said about that, actually. Still, I bet that the community will whip up quite a few mods if SketchUp is that easy to use...

On a different musical note, new game song. This game has more songs than actual tracks to go along with then, haha, but not that I'm complaining;
https://soundcloud.com/myroneofficial/ski-resort-87

"Ski Resort"? Hmm, could it be some sort of snow course? Now that would be quite the sight if it's possible to implement such a feature...

Time to revive this thread (and double-post in it) again, this time with an incoming underwater track in the works;

Personally, I can't to see how will this look with fully-rendered ingame graphics, should be something else... Thoughts?

I'm extremely impressed by DelkoDuck's work so far by creating these beautiful graphics. Every time the developers post something new, it just makes me more excited for the final product. They're making it for the PS4, right?

Just got the Alpha Demo. It is a lot of fun, although I need more practice on finding the right drift line around the track.
F7030E63BAF482C948FA4B1C0AE42CEFD6E23D49

Well, for those who were clamoring for a proper news update on the current alpha build, wait no more; there's a new Kickstarter news post by Super Systems, rounding up the process behind revamping the entire build after the addition of new features, the beginning of the development of local multiplayer, the game's new logo, amongst (many) other things. The Group 5 Stratos lookalike has been given an official name; it's now known as the Grid, and here it is in full pixel glory:

c8b6699e4cc36ed162a7a63fbf476a37_original.png

29679fd6b568ef29c00fbb71b348e454_original.gif

The variation of the Keizai, made to look like the AE86 Corolla Levin, has also been given a name as the Keizai LX, and Super Systems is considering adding the car to the game's roster as "a alternate skin, or a separate unlockable, leaving the possibility for variations of other cars". So, secret cars on the horizon, perhaps?

As for an early release, not much is confirmed. But the developers are pushing for a Q3 2016 Steam release, which I really hope becomes true (because if so, the game will immediately shoot up to the top of my Steam purchase list). But so far, the game's current build is still being polished and whatnot, so best of luck to Super Systems on that. Oh, and if you're a backer, you can provide your own track ideas here, so take advantage of that... :sly:

I lost interest a long time ago. Personally, I regret backing it. Since the switch to Unity my pc can barely run it whereas I could almost maxed before.

Good luck to those still interested but yeah.

I'm actually excited for this game, unfortunately I can't see a realistic release date for PS4. Neither a demo (the first Alpha is pretty old)

I lost interest a long time ago. Personally, I regret backing it. Since the switch to Unity my pc can barely run it whereas I could almost maxed before.

Good luck to those still interested but yeah.

How on earth a game with that simple graphics and shaders can not run maxed on a PC?
Seems weird?

Does someone has an Alpha version (using Unity) to share with me? I would like to know if my pc runs it properly (and so bake it) or I'll have to wait for a PS4 release

I remembered this game out of the blue this morning and went to check on its progress - sadly, it looks to be dead. Then again I imagine we all kind of knew that already as it's been years since there was any news.

First, 90's Arcade Racer. And now this. I thought this game was almost complete, what happened? :(

At least Xenon Racer seems to be going strong, so we still have that game to look forward to.

The unfortunate fate of many Early Access games, a terminal case of Dev Disappearance. I'm guessing either their computer blew up and they didn't think to make an external backup (disturbingly common with bedroom developers), or they just got bored with making it.

Also a good reason for thinking carefully before throwing in with crowdfunding, there's no guarantee that you'll get what's being promised unless it's very close to completion.

I was waiting on any possible developments after that negotiation over the source code, etc., before bumping this thread, but I'm not holding my breath, either.

This was from their Steam Page last year.

DelkoDuck - Developer
I understand guys - I'm deeply sorry about how things have turned out in regards to Drift Stage's completion.

Since the Steam page went live I've been trying to find a solution to the games internal issues (like getting a publisher or a new programmer) but nothing has come together. I recived word Nintendo expressed interest at E3 about publishing the game, but I never heard back from any of my contacts in regards to that...The games co-creator and sole programmer Chase has been very hard to reach for the last two years - He goes out of contact for months, only to re-establish communication saying that he can't work on the game due to work obligations or something else; and the games development reflects that.

He is co-owner of the studio and controls the rights to the code - so handing off development to another programmer is something only he can do. My hands are tied as far as what I can do with the code - and inturn when and how the game gets updated. All I can do is relay what he tells me to you guys, which has been mostly silence - or excuses.

I'll do my best to get some real answers and news as soon as possible, I've already contacted press about putting out some kind of news release - but I'm only the games artist - I don't have control of the games source code or most of the Steam back end features - so I'm at the whim of when Chase is available.

I've poured the last 4 years of my life into this project, and seeing in this state turns my stomach; Not only becase of the tremendous effort I've put into it, but the dissapointment and loss of trust in the games fans. A lot of plans (like the full soundtrack release) have had to be canceled or shelved due to the games failure to see a real release - even getting the current version to you was a painful 6 month process.

I wish I could offer more then just my apologies - but without a cooperative programmer posting news updates has been near impossible - espeically given the understandably negative backlash recieved after posting the last few updates.

Such a sad state really.

Yeah, that's what made me suspect that the game code doesn't exist anymore. If only one person has access to it and they start avoiding contact for large periods of time, that's a pretty good sign something's gone very wrong. And if that person admits they don't have it, then the people who backed it will demand a refund, which probably can't be done since the money's long since been spent.

It is a shame, but not entirely unexpected given how long this game has been in Early Access. I wouldn't call it a scam but this is the reason why I never crowdfund anything and only buy EA games from reputable developers. There's just too many uncertainties and you're likely to get burnt than not.

This game, 90s Arcade Racer, Power Drive 2000 are just some retro inspired arcade racers that'll probably never see the light of day. On the good side though, we got Slipstream and Horizon Chase Turbo which makes up for it.

IMO, the best thing to come out of this project is always going to be the soundtrack:

MULTIPLEX TECHNOLOGY FTW !!! :lol:

Wow, never thought we'd hear anything more about Drift Stage, I actually finally took it off my Steam wishlist late last year because the Steam forum discussions hadn't gone anywhere in some time.

Surprising they're even bothering with an early access launch though because faith it'll ever get finished has to be pretty low across the board, surely...

Edit: reading it again, seems they're just releasing the old build, not actively developing it. Oh well, something is better than nothing.

Edit again: it's £8 on Steam. It's fair to say I'm confused by this.

Last edited:
reading it again, seems they're just releasing the old build, not actively developing it.
But I think there are plans to at least try.
It's a bit confusing, yeah. I hope for a kickstarter update too that might clarify a bit more

Back