Driver 3

i thought they ditched the idea of a third game....

after GTA3 it seems a bit irellevant...

jeez i still got that tune from Driver 2 goin' round in my head..

driver 3 is still on its way......................sometime

Driver 3 is supposed to be out in September, I think. If not, sometime around there. I remember reading about this in an issue of Game Informer.

erm - forgive me if Im wrong but driver 3 is comin out on X-Box

Im sure I read it round at a m8's house who is quite up on the x-box and gets all the mags etc

better graphics on there tho I spose ?

Well, consider it a reality. Driv3r is on it's way here.

Here's some shots for you.
Link

You can view the trailer there.
Looks like GTA:Vice City has a problem, Driv3r is here.

I'll sell My GTA's to get it. I liked the Driver series way before GTA3 came out. The GTA series is only a short-term tie-over till Driv3r comes out.

Well, technically that's how it is typed. It's on the PS2 game case, and that's what I was referring to. I could post it your way, if it truly bothers you.

I think drivers not gonna surprise people as much as they think it will, itll be like GTA but with more focus on the actual driving aspects and will have a more well thought storyline with a deep plot, which i think is the best thing it has going for it. I want the physics to resmble the Driver 1&2 off the psx rather than the Stuntman physics, they just seemed really dodgy to me.

Edit: check out the official website for a short film called Run the Gauntlet". Looks like its a short film based on the driver series.

Originally posted by BigJamesGTI
erm - forgive me if Im wrong but driver 3 is comin out on X-Box

Im sure I read it round at a m8's house who is quite up on the x-box and gets all the mags etc

better graphics on there tho I spose ?

I shall forgive you, your wrong.

Unless you ment it ALSO comes out on x-box.

Originally posted by HsV_CoUpE
I shall forgive you, your wrong.

Unless you ment it ALSO comes out on x-box.

ALSO then !!

In fact in my post its says driver 3 is out on x-box, not ONLY x-box, so the post is right, but I know where you are coming from. :D

Actually, according to most studies, the XBOX has no better graphics then the PS2, just a speed advantage, due to the hard drive helping the cd drive.

Originally posted by toyomatt84
Actually, according to most studies, the XBOX has no better graphics then the PS2, just a speed advantage, due to the hard drive helping the cd drive.

Interview I read mentioned that the Xbox version will feature bump mapping whereas the PS2 version will not. Probably some other minor differences too, I expect the Xbox version should run abit smoother or atleast less slowdown.

Still, I'll probably buy the PC version when it finally comes out :D

Driver is probably goin to be released sometime around april, they have also made some short films about the series called "RUN THE GAUNTLET".

Some screens:

:D

driver3_011403__011304_015.jpg

driv3r_120503_008.jpg

driv3r_120503_002.jpg

driver3_062403_13.jpg

Nice screens! I hadn't seen those before...were those on the website?

I just checked and they've got a making of Run The Gauntlet movie up...it's pretty cool.

I hadn't heard that about the Xbox/PS2 versions being that different. I guess the Xbox has better processing power in general, but from the different screens i saw on the website, the graphics look pretty similar across the board.

Driv3r has slipped to June, Atari officially announced that it wont be coming till june. Shame really, i thought itll be something to keep me happy till GT4, if its out in early autumn as promised.

Yeah...i know, that was announced a few weeks ago. But it's still going to be out before GT4 so it'll be a Driv3r summer for me! I just heard that they're going to be regularly updating the website on Thursdays from now on with more screens and clips and such. I think the next episode of that film will be up soon too. I'm counting on time flying by.

Back