Error CE-222033 while saving style data

• Thread starter OldRyo
  • 37 comments
Italy
Italy
Hello everyone, i'm new to the forum but been lurking for quite some time.

I've been enjoying the game besides its obvious problems, especially the livery creator. But i'm having some trouble with it.

I've recently created a nice Castrol livery for my Honda Civic Touring:

20220321_160445.jpg

The problem is that when i try to save the whole car style to share it the loading screen keeps going back and forth between 30% and 33% completion, and after couple of minutes i get this message:

20220320_201017.jpg

It already happen other times and i'm not quite sure why. I only use decals in the editor and those taken from the in-game search function, i haven't uploaded anything selfmade.

I already tried to eliminate the temp files but no success. Does anybody know what could be the cause? Thank you so much!

P.S.: I'm on PS5.

Haven't had that happen yet but what I'd do is save the livery new (save as...) and then maybe remove all extra parts to see if that helps. If not I'd try to just share another quickly theown together livery just for testing purposes to see if it's the livery that causes trouble :boggled:

Haven't had that happen yet but what I'd do is save the livery new (save as...) and then maybe remove all extra parts to see if that helps. If not I'd try to just share another quickly theown together livery just for testing purposes to see if it's the livery that causes trouble :boggled:
Thanks for the quick reply.
I guess then that it could be caused by some external sticker i got. I will try saving again the livery while erasing some of them until i find the buggy ones. :banghead:

Last edited:
Check if any of the decals have a # or any other special character in its name, that caused issues for a few people.

Last edited:
Check if any of the decals have a # or any other special character in its name, that caused issues for a few people.
I'm checking the whole livery as i'm writing, i tried to save applying only the editor decals and it went through so it's some external decal for sure.

Now to find the bad one(s).
No special characters in the names but i tried deleting the ones that had an underscore (_) in the name. No success.

I tried to delete the ones i colored over (shadows for example) since I imagined it could have caused some issue. No success.

It's a long search since it takes a long time for the loading screen to end and give me an error, there's no cancel button :grumpy:

Last edited:
A little update for those who will search the error code and end up in this thread.

I basically gave up on the livery as it is. There were couple of sticker conflicting with the saving system so i just scratched everything off and started over.

What I will do now, and what I suggest, is to check that the game can actually save the style everytime you add a new external sticker to your livery. It will be a chore to save everytime you put a new decal but it will save time in the long run.

At least until this bug is fixed (it they will ever fix it). :grumpy:

Last edited:
That's really odd. I really suspect it's caused by a user-uploaded decal and if you got multiple decals by the same uploader they might all contribute to it.
Too bad really, that livery looks really sick :drool:

That's really odd. I really suspect it's caused by a user-uploaded decal and if you got multiple decals by the same uploader they might all contribute to it.
Too bad really, that livery looks really sick :drool:
It will comeback, just slightly changed.

I really love to make tuned cars and their liveries so I could post them on the forum if inspired enough. :D
:D

I had that error yesterday when I tried to exit GT Auto after applying the livery. I tried saving the style first before exiting GT Auto and it worked.

Hello everyone, i'm new to the forum but been lurking for quite some time.

I've been enjoying the game besides its obvious problems, especially the livery creator. But i'm having some trouble with it.

I've recently created a nice Castrol livery for my Honda Civic Touring:

View attachment 1127113

The problem is that when i try to save the whole car style to share it the loading screen keeps going back and forth between 30% and 33% completion, and after couple of minutes i get this message:

View attachment 1127114

It already happen other times and i'm not quite sure why. I only use decals in the editor and those taken from the in-game search function, i haven't uploaded anything selfmade.

I already tried to eliminate the temp files but no success. Does anybody know what could be the cause? Thank you so much!

P.S.: I'm on PS5.
I feel your pain, I've been experiencing this error also and I have tried everything to resolve it without success.
As a livery designer 1st, and racer 2nd, I am absolutely frustrated with this.
I've even tried to create liveries using the in game decals and STILL get this error (CE-222033) so I'm at a total loss.
I'll continue to hope that its an in game error that will be patched eventually.
A great game but definately a bit below par at the moment.

Attachments

• 20220314_094505.jpg
    20220314_094505.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 27
I feel your pain, I've been experiencing this error also and I have tried everything to resolve it without success.
I've even tried to create liveries using the in game decals and STILL get this error (CE-222033) so I'm at a total loss.
I'll continue to hope that its an in game error that will be patched eventually.
Did you get this error when you are trying to save style?

Luckly i never had that error while using only the in-game decals, all i can say is check your list throroughly in case you still have some external ones.

After some test and fidgeting with Inkscape i finally managed to upload my own sticker designs and since when I started using only my designs i never had that error message pop-up again. For now. :rolleyes:

I'm having such a blast that i decided to open a thread in the future with my own designs, maybe associating them with tuning too but I have to learn how to do it properly. :P

Last edited:
Yes applying liveries have been a total nightmare for me. It takes FOREVER only to get an error code right at the end. Its all for nothing. This needs to be addressed.

Yes applying liveries have been a total nightmare for me. It takes FOREVER only to get an error code right at the end. Its all for nothing. This needs to be addressed.
Yes it has been the same for me.

Lets say this is an update because in the last post i said i was having a blast, all until I started using more and more stickers. After some amount the game just doesn't manage well anymore even with its own decals (i got errors with those too as it has been said in the thread).

I tried to cut corners in every way possible but it's just not easy to get together something complex without triggering the error.

So no matter if you use the in-game stuff, your own decals or those of the others, this is a bug that doesn't really have a work-around besides "keep it simple".

I agree it needs to be addressed.

Last edited:
Yes it has been the same for me.

Lets say this is an update because in the last post i said i was having a blast, all until I started using more and more stickers. After some amount the game just doesn't manage well anymore even with its own decals (i got errors with those too as it has been said in the thread).

I tried to cut corners in every way possible but it's just not easy to get together something complex without triggering the error.

So no matter if you use the in-game stuff, your own decals or those of the others, this is a bug that doesn't really have a work-around besides "keep it simple".

I agree it needs to be addressed.
What I don’t understand is why isn’t there more of an uproar? Or is it just us??

Even my PS5 started stuttering and having massive FPS drops when I edited somebody else's livery that had 300+ decals applied. Must be a pain on the PS4 then :scared:

What I don’t understand is why isn’t there more of an uproar? Or is it just us??
I think is because the game has bigger problems right now, also most of the players don't make very complex liveries or they just slap on an external one.

That's why i don't have much faith in a very quick fix.

EDIT: Made the thread name more precise, maybe if more people find it using the right keywords it will get more entries.

:grumpy:

Last edited:
No joy still, I've tried everything, even just doing basic liveries using the games supplied sponser decals and I still get this darn error.
I've even re-installed the game (62 hours mind you) without any luck.
At least I have a great mate who has created a few for me.
FM(GT)L

No joy still, I've tried everything, even just doing basic liveries using the games supplied sponser decals and I still get this darn error.
I've even re-installed the game (62 hours mind you) without any luck.
At least I have a great mate who has created a few for me.
FM(GT)L

I feel your pain.
In this days i did many experiments with the livery editor and i'm 100% certain that is all caused by too many decals/nodes in the SVGs.

I find out some little tweaks like not using the in-game shapes that have a gradient to trasparency (those can really trigger the error quickly), not applying too much stuff to bumpers/roofs and of course using the tool "Simplify" in Inkscape on my decals when is possible.

Still it's hard to make something very good without that damn message popping up

Last edited:
I don’t know about you guys but it’s starting to work for me. Go try before it stops working again.

I don’t know about you guys but it’s starting to work for me. Go try before it stops working again.

Damn i tried yesterday with a complex one and didn't save. Now i'm at work but I will surely give it another try when I get home, thanks :cheers:

Never mind. Too good to be true. I uploaded 3 liveries and now it’s giving me the error message. Spoke too soon.

Update after the 1.11 patch.

Not saying that the bug is already gone, but I managed to get through the saving screen with one of my old designs which wasn't very complex but still couldn't be used.

Tomorrow i will create something with more decals and see how it goes.

There's hope at least 🤞

I’ve noticed I have better luck during the morning and early afternoon getting things uploaded.
Less people playing/making liveries as the game goes = more room on the server to "elaborate" the designs... maybe.

Today i tried something new and got the error again, but maybe we are starting to understand it's not just a software bug but is also server related.

New update, a very interesting one.

As some of you said, it seemed like it was easier to save our liveries during night time or similar.

That made me think...

What if it's an issue of my connection?

I live in a little mountain town and my wired connection isn't very fast, especially in upload.

Well i made a new livery:

1800a05a6a118-screenshoturl-jpg.1135070

As you can see it has 60+ decals, i tried to save it as always and same results - CE-222033.
Then i made something that shouldn't really matter, i thought, in this situation: i disconnected the PS5 from my wired connection and switched it to my phone with its Wi-Fi tethering so i could use my carrier's internet.

Well guess what? It saved the style right away, without any slow down of the loading bar.

Do you have a slow internet connection? If so, but even if not, try using a different internet source and save the style again.

Let me know if this fixes it for you too.

Attachments

• 1800a05a6a118-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1800a05a6a118-screenshotUrl.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
So I had the same problem as here before as mentioned on this thread I had a Mercedes AMG CLK LM livery that can't be saved.

Then I tried everything here and while keeping it simple works just like the D2 BG-less version of the livery I made for the CLK, I wasn't feeling it as I wanted the D2 BG version to be used and shared.

There I thought of something, what if I delete the temporary saved data via Settings? So I tried that method and it worked.

This livery I made for example I can't seem to share it nor apply it until after I did the temporary data deletion I was finally able to share it and apply it to my Longtail.

I'm aware the OP mentioned about the temp data deletion not working but on my end it worked. PS4 user here.
Gran Turismo® 7_20220409150317.png

Last edited:
Interesting Ryo, I do have a below par internet connection, unfortunately it comes with living in regional Australia and I have even worse mobile coverage so it appears my problems are not going away anytime so then...Frustrating.
What I don't understand is this, why can I add as many decals as possible to helmet and suit designs without any problem but when it comes to cars, I'm restricted to about 10.
It don't make no sense.

Since @Nuschel01 bought this to my attention, I very much recommend attempting to connect to the internet a different way.

I had a similar problem in GTSport. I switched to a wired connection on my PS4 and it solved all the problems.

Back