F1 Manager 2022

MagpieRacer

Premium
England
Wymondham, Norfolk
MagpieRacer
Not sure where to put this but it's just been announced on the official F1 Twitter. Coming this summer on all platforms.

We’ve all dreamt of taking charge of our very own F1 team and pushing them to the front of the field. And that dream becomes a reality this summer, with the release of F1 Manager 2022.

Created by Frontier Developments, whose works include the popular Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo titles, F1 Manager 2022 will begin a journey of team management and ownership for aspiring team principals all over the globe.

Stepping into the role of team leader, you’ll have a 360-degree view of your squad, including car upgrades, factory facilities, driver contracts, budgets and more, as you build up to the season and the start of each race. Then, once the visors go down on Sunday, it’s up to you to make the key choices to keep your drivers on track, and your team ahead of the competition.

F1 Manager 2022 will launch in the summer of 2022 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Steam, and Epic Store. You can wishlist the game on Steam now.

Last edited:
I thought EA had the F1 license? It reminds me of the mobile race manager games with better graphics. I will have to keep an eye o this

kjb
I thought EA had the F1 license? It reminds me of the mobile race manager games with better graphics. I will have to keep an eye o this
Codemaster's as a studio have the license to make F1 video games, they're now under EA as a publisher. It seems it doesn't cover other types of F1 games, such as management.

Codemaster's as a studio have the license to make F1 video games, they're now under EA as a publisher. It seems it doesn't cover other types of F1 games, such as management.
That is what it seems like

Some new information in this link.

image.jpg
image (1).jpg
image (2).jpg
image (3).jpg
image (4).jpg
image (5).jpg

Sounds really in depth which is great and exactly what you would want from this kind of game. All F1, F2 and F3 drivers will be available to recruit as well as real life engineers and aerodynamicists.

Article mentions realistic 3D action but there's no screen of this, commentary from David Croft and Karun Chandhok with full TV graphics. As well as other methods of watching the race in shelter forms including top down 2.5D.

I'm looking forward to seeing more.

The UI in the screenshots actually looks pretty simplistic... but maybe it's a good thing that the game doesn't throws tons of graphs and statistics at you in the main screens?

The UI in the screenshots actually looks pretty simplistic... but maybe it's a good thing that the game doesn't throws tons of graphs and statistics at you in the main screens?
I think that's a good thing, they need to make it accessible in this way I think mainly for the console use, but also make sure it doesn't overwhelm someone new to the Motorsport management genre, particularly as there hasn't been an official F1 management sim for 20 odd years.

It does say in the article though that there is a lot to get stuck into once you start going into the menus and stuff so hopefully there will be plenty of detail for those of us that want it.

Yeah some management games these days can be too in depth for their own good. I used to like playing LMA Manager back in the day, gave Football Manager a go last year and it was just way too complex for my tastes. Hopefully this doesn't go too crazy.
Yeah I'm totally onboard with this, as only having the time for casual gaming I simply wouldn't have the time to be pouring over massively in-depth analysis and menus.

Would be nice if it's there though for those that want it but also be scalable.

I like the look of this. The last 'manager' game that I played was Rugby Manager 2015. Oh yes......I can see me checking an F1 management game on console.

To be honest I like the visual flair to it. I will playing on PS and really not interested in a Football Manager type UI for the TV, I think if the broadcast can live up to what's promised it will be a treat to look at and enjoy the races as if you're watching it live as well as feeling like you're in a team HQ in the time between.

I'm sceptical of Frontier as a company in their current state but I am quietly impressed with what I've seen.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see how it plays with F2 and F3 and how much flexibility the game allows. Can you build a smaller series team and enter them into F1, can you enter a new team in F1 at all.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays with F2 and F3 and how much flexibility the game allows. Can you build a smaller series team and enter them into F1, can you enter a new team in F1 at all.
So far everything suggests that you won't be able to enter a new team and while the F2 and F3 drivers are all represented in the game, it doesn't seem we'll be able to manage those teams.

So far everything suggests that you won't be able to enter a new team and while the F2 and F3 drivers are all represented in the game, it doesn't seem we'll be able to manage those teams.
Bit of a shame, perhaps one for future titles, though it's not dampening my recent enthusiasm for this game I'm finding I'm really up for a fully licensed game like this.

Motorsport Manager is excellent, but dated now, and of course even fully modded to 'be' F1 it still had its own versions of the tracks and a limited broadcast element (plus an off track world that was a little too close to cartoony). This looks far slicker so far and the license should really make it feel a lot more immersive.

Even just simple things like having al the photos etc. for the team staff, if it goes all the way down the ladder, will be a lot of fun to see and watch how that develops over a longer term game.

Bit of a shame, perhaps one for future titles, though it's not dampening my recent enthusiasm for this game I'm finding I'm really up for a fully licensed game like this.

Motorsport Manager is excellent, but dated now, and of course even fully modded to 'be' F1 it still had its own versions of the tracks and a limited broadcast element (plus an off track world that was a little too close to cartoony). This looks far slicker so far and the license should really make it feel a lot more immersive.

Even just simple things like having al the photos etc. for the team staff, if it goes all the way down the ladder, will be a lot of fun to see and watch how that develops over a longer term game.
Yeah I'm sure it's something that will come, I guess they want to get the basics right first. I'm sure as FOM has let Codemasters do the team creation thing, it'll only be a matter of time.

It will be interesting to see what happens with this game. I also wonder what will be the price point?

Yeah, that's probably my only real concern with this. The replayability factor. Like after you've turned, say, Williams or Aston into a championship winning team. What else is there to do? Ideally having the ability to manage a junior team or to even create your own team from scratch would be nice options to have.

Having said that though. I am still really looking forward to playing this.

Last edited:
Like after you've turned, say, Williams or Aston into a championship winning team. What else is there to do?
Well, if the game is realistic that should be extremely hard and take extremely long. You'd need several regulation changes, huge sponsorship deals, a works engine deal, at least world class driver, and the best engineers and facilities. There's a reason why nobody outside of the big three teams has any chance of winning a championship anytime soon.

I am very much hoping it's difficult, as someone mentioned above, taking Williams to F1 success should be a several hundred hour job and not a case of just ticking some boxes or 'goals'. Getting York City into the Champions League on FM style all consuming passion haha.

Would love a Build Your Own Team kind of mode too. With a straight forward but neat livery editor.

And sign Sennheiser as headset supplier.

Would love a Build Your Own Team kind of mode too. With a straight forward but neat livery editor.

And sign Sennheiser as headset supplier.
From what I've learned I haven't seen anything that suggest there will be a create a team mode, I can understand by the size of this project alone that it wouldn't have been feasible for this game, but hopefully in the future.

You never know if they might have DLC planned as well, it could come down the line. It does seem a bit of a missed opportunity, especially since they have F2 and F3 available (but not playable) but yeah again just think of the workload to make that work on top of making sure you have a strong F1 experience to offer.

Curious how far this Kubica prospect guy can go.
Did they ever say anything about multiplayer? Playing in some sort of league would be nice.

Back