Fanatec CSR Elite Review: A League of its Own

• Thread starter amar212
  • 211 comments
Dis anybody so far test the combination of Fanatec CSR Elite + FREX H-shifter + Forza 4 ?

Is this combination fully compatible?

I have a FREX H-Shifter on order, which I plan, to use with my old G25 + GT5 and PC sims.
I have just tasted though, how unbelievably good Forza 4 with triple monitor setup is and think about adding a Fanatec CSR Elite, to beat those tuned Ford Sierra RS500, BMW M5 E28 and Audi Quattro Sport around twisty tracks ;-)

I have not tested it, since I do not have a FREX H shifter. That being said, my understanding is that the only shifter that will work is the Fanatec H shifter, since it connects via the wheel. I think the FREX (as well as other third party shifters such as the Derek Speares and the Thrustmaster) are stand alone USB devices that the Xbox would not recognize.

I see - thank for the info.
It seems, there has been a custom made PCB to translate the FREX H-shifter into a Fanatec H-shifter unit, giving full compatibility, but it seems, the manufacturer has ceased production as of the upcoming new Fanatec clubsport H-shifter.

As I have a Frex H-shifter heading my way, I am still interested though, to find a solution.
I ordered a CSR Elite wheel and will see, how things go from here. Forza 4 really deserves a good wheel and H-shifter

Back