Fanatec GT2 CS edition order status

• Thread starter lunarwolf
  • 863 comments
When ordering a wheel from Fanatec using Paypal.
Is it normal not to have any response from them?

Status is paid.
I have records on paypal also.

I'm not asking for delivery dates etc as I know it will be along time.
Maybe a confirmation or even a thank you for ordering type of message.

Moneys gone out of my bank too.

When ordering a wheel from Fanatec using Paypal.
Is it normal not to have any response from them?

Status is paid.
I have records on paypal also.

I'm not asking for delivery dates etc as I know it will be along time.
Maybe a confirmation or even a thank you for ordering type of message.

Moneys gone out of my bank too.

Yes, that is the norm. Welcome to the Fanatec mystery bus!

Thank you MisterStatic, did your user name come from your order progress?

No, unfortunately my name would then be MisterCancel:guilty: I kept the CSPs, which I absolutely love, but the wait was too long for the GT2 on top of concerns about support afterward. I may change my mind and put in an order for a GT2 as FM4 approaches but now I am in a watch and see mode. My PS3 and PC needs are well taken care of for the moment:).

I really hope I get a notification for the Wheel Stand soon, It's all I'm waiting for now!

What are my chances? Ordered on 31st December and based in the UK.

No, unfortunately my name would then be MisterCancel:guilty: I kept the CSPs, which I absolutely love, but the wait was too long for the GT2 on top of concerns about support afterward. I may change my mind and put in an order for a GT2 as FM4 approaches but now I am in a watch and see mode. My PS3 and PC needs are well taken care of for the moment:).

Misterstatic, I hear you about wanting a GT2 before FM4 comes out. In response to this problem, here is what I ended up doing. If you recall, I originally placed an order for a GT2 clubsport edition. I canceled that, and ordered a set of clubsport pedals and a GT3 RS V2 wheel + a Lightning SST shifter. I have received everything at this point except the GT3 which will be here next week. I also placed an order for a GT2 pure edition. I figure, when I receive it in April / May, I will then just sell the GT3 for $100+, keep the clubsport pedals and lightning shifter, and then have my GT2 for FM2 many months in advance.

Just sharing this as one option to consider. Good luck!

P.S. - just picked up a Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog and absolutely love it! Dude, that thing is a beast! Thanks for your earlier advice with that.

Misterstatic, I hear you about wanting a GT2 before FM4 comes out. In response to this problem, here is what I ended up doing. If you recall, I originally placed an order for a GT2 clubsport edition. I canceled that, and ordered a set of clubsport pedals and a GT3 RS V2 wheel + a Lightning SST shifter. I have received everything at this point except the GT3 which will be here next week. I also placed an order for a GT2 pure edition. I figure, when I receive it in April / May, I will then just sell the GT3 for $100+, keep the clubsport pedals and lightning shifter, and then have my GT2 for FM2 many months in advance.

Just sharing this as one option to consider. Good luck!

P.S. - just picked up a Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog and absolutely love it! Dude, that thing is a beast! Thanks for your earlier advice with that.

Not a bad idea at all. I am glad you like the Warthog. Thanks.

My GT3 and CSPs arrived today in good condition. Is was rather anti-climatic since the horrible table clamp doesn't really work with my desk and the wheel wobbles. I'll have to wait for the stand to arrive before I can really use the setup unfortunately.

What can I add about the pedals that hasn't already been said? - they are beautiful and I look forward to getting to know them.

The wheel I did not fall in love with right off. Mostly because of the clamp, but it really feels different than the DFGT - sort of big, soft and wooly. FFB seemed soft but detailed in a way that reminded me of a real car. Played with the settings and I was happy to see you can reconfigure it from the wheel and there are meaningful differences between settings. I gave up on the setup because of the clamp for now and went back to the DFGT till the stand arrives.

Shifting back to the DFGT was a shocker. While the GT3 didn't wow me when I first started using it, going back to the cheap wheel put it in perspective - it felt like a cheap wheel to me for the first time. The DFGT in comparison to the GT3 feels crude but more direct The FFB clicks and slips like a game controller does and not a car. It doesn't feel like sliding tires but it does have a sharper sensation.

If I have any conclusion, it is really that modern racing sims are amazing!

My GT3 and CSPs arrived today in good condition. Is was rather anti-climatic since the horrible table clamp doesn't really work with my desk and the wheel wobbles. I'll have to wait for the stand to arrive before I can really use the setup unfortunately.

Can you please explain more why you do not like the table clamp? I have heard from others in this thread that the table clamp is "built like a tank" and an overall great product. I am also curious since I just ordered a table clamp and am hopeful it will eliminate the wobble which the standard wheel clamp suffers from. Thanks for the info!

Just got word my GT3 RS V2 wheel shipped along with table clamp. Very excited.

Finally, after 2 months of waiting in total I will actually get a fanatec wheel in my hands. Just to note, I only ordered the GT3 RS V2 over the last weekend but I originally was on the GT2 waiting list which I backed out of; hence the 2 months of waiting.

I'll let you guys know what I think once I get everything next week. Peace.

Can you please explain more why you do not like the table clamp? I have heard from others in this thread that the table clamp is "built like a tank" and an overall great product. I am also curious since I just ordered a table clamp and am hopeful it will eliminate the wobble which the standard wheel clamp suffers from. Thanks for the info!

I am referring to the table clamp that is part of the wheel. This one is not "built like a tank" but rather "as easy to use as a tank".

Sorry for the confusion.

i think you mean the additional clamp that you can purchase separately here

http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_u...id=41&osCsid=ad70cbf7bbd8f746098ff4b96ae50237

he might be talking about the one that comes with each wheel which is terrible.

I am referring to the table clamp that is part of the wheel. This one is not "built like a tank" but rather "as easy to use as a tank".

Sorry for the confusion.

i think you mean the additional clamp that you can purchase separately here

http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_u...id=41&osCsid=ad70cbf7bbd8f746098ff4b96ae50237

he might be talking about the one that comes with each wheel which is terrible.

Ok awesome, we're on the same page then. I was worried there for a second as I hadn't heard anything bad about the separate table clamp. Thanks for the clarification.

Alright, I have a tracking number for the wheel stand! Should be here tomorrow. This long, strange journey is almost over. for me.

I can't believe it !!!

I just got an email from UPS and I have a tracking number for my wheel GT2 :)

I ordered it January 7th !!

I think it would be nice if there would be another update on Thomas's blog about the received shipments from China.

I.E. that certain items are received and they are waiting for some items to complete the PWTS CS editions. That way we will know if the earlier communicated shipping times are still on schedule.

Makes the waiting less horrible.

I'm waiting for my PWTS CS edition and last thing i know is shipment in week 7/8. Would like to know if they are still on planning.

My GT2 has just been sent via UPS :)

I got one delay in early Jan, postponing it to "7th week of 2011".

However, it has been sent today, thank you Thomas - my FM3 Ultimate Edition is waiting :D

My GT2 has just been sent via UPS :)

However, it has been sent today, thank you Thomas - my FM3 Ultimate Edition is waiting :D

Did you order the loose wheel or the CS:edition?

My order is still on status "paid". :indiff:

grimmi3nl New Member
amar212
My GT2 has just been sent via UPS

However, it has been sent today, thank you Thomas - my FM3 Ultimate Edition is waiting

Did you order the loose wheel or the CS:edition?

My order is still on status "paid".

This would be nice to know. I ordered the CS edition Dec 27th and have not seen a status update.

*edit* Thomas also stated on his blog CS editions will ship first by order date. * - I don't see that in the blog , must have misunderstood

Last edited:
I cancelled my order of GT2 CS package (Dec 22th) and I bought it separately ( Jan 7th ).

My CSP arrived two weeks ago and my wheel is planning to arrive this wednesday.

Can't Wait :nervous:

Ordered GT3 CSE on November 28.
2 out of 3 packages showed up today, but I wasn't home, tracking says 3rd package is still in customs.
I'm in Canada.

They've taken all clubsport editions out of the shop now, including the GT3 RS.

So instead of being €319 for the GT3 clubsport edition, that puts the price up to €419.85, add the €22 euros shipping and the cost is now €441.85.

So overnight they increase the price by €100 for an old product. There goes my custom...

I regret it SO much that I didn't order it back when it was 319, I'm really frustrated.
Honestly they can't expect people to pay THAT much more.

Last edited:
latest status from Fanatec:

USA:

We have enoughinventory for immediate shipment on the following products:

PWGT3RS V2
CSP
PWC
PWP (standard pedals)
PWGT2 CS

The missing parts have arrived and are currently waiting for customs clearace. We will start shipping the backorders in week 8 as announced in my e-mail.

PWGT2

Due to the Chinese New Year holidays there is a massive delay in production but we will be able to keep the May delivery schedule

PWSS

We are still behind schedule on this product. All incoming orders will be used to fulfill the open orders so it is unsure when we will have enough inventory of this product for regular shipment. We have ships to arrive in mid February and mid March.

PWGT3RS V1->V2 upgrade kits

The new shipment has finally arrived but we need to do some testing before we can announce a confirmed delivery date. We received enough inventory to fullfil all open orders.

RSWS V2

All backorders have been shipped except the orders which will be shipped together with the PWGT2 CS.

The inventory will not last long and new shipment will arrive in April.

EU:

We have enoughinventory for immediate shipment on the following products:

PWGT3RS V2
PWP (standard pedals)
CSP

The ship will arrive this week so we can ship out all backorders in week 7 or 8.

PWGT2 CS

The missing parts have been shipped by air and sea but we still wait for a confirmation of arrival. We will start shipping the backorders in
week 7 as announced in my e-mail.

PWGT2

The backorders can be shipped in week 7 as announced if everything goes smoothly with customs.

The incoming quantity will be enough to fulfill the open orders and we will be able to offer some small quantities for immediate shipment.

PWSS

We are still
behind schedule on this product. All incoming orders will be used to
fulfill the open orders so it is unsure when we will have enough
inventory of this product for regular shipment. We have ships to arrive
in mid March.

PWGT3RS V1->V2 upgrade kits

The
new shipment has finally arrived but we need to do some testing before
we can announce a confirmed delivery date. We received enough inventory
to fullfil all open orders.

PWC

New inventory will arrive in April.

RSWS V2

All backorders will be shipped this week except the orders which will be shipped together with the PWGT2 CS.

The inventory will only be enough to fulfill the open orders and the new shipment will arrive in April.

My GT2 arrived yesterday.. for sure it's a thing of beauty as I'm now on my 3rd logitech wheel (they all still work) I can see the small differences from the original wheel.. this is a much more professional product in so many ways..

I'll get it fitted at the weekend and perhaps then I can gauge if it's in any way better than my previous wheels..

Back