Fantasy car wishlist

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 66 comments
Assoluto Bisonte
lau6c5smjjw91.jpg

They're literally fantasy cars from previous GT game - Cerbera LM Edition (inspired by a real car, but doesn't exist), CR-X del Sol LM Edition (very doesn't exist), S2000 LM (doesn't exist), IS200 LM (doesn't exist), Nike One (doesn't exist).

And the very same person reiterated the very same point in the post immediately above yours, right after I did.

To restate what I said... ihis is a thread for fantasy cars, not cars you're fantasising about.
Ok, there is a misunderstanding and it was mine, and I was too stupid/ stubborn to change my view on this but I defer to your explanations and such and I apologize for my errors.
Thank you for putting up with fools like me...

If Polyphony can make fictional Gr. 4 versions of the Suzuki Swift and Mazda 3 into TCR-style race cars, they could at least make a Gr. 3 car for Bugatti.

Since Bugatti has a Gr. 4 in the form of the Veyron, I've suggested time and time again that Polyphony should make a Gr. 3 based on the Chiron Pur Sport, especially since Bugatti doesn't have a Gr. 3 car, and so that they can finally compete in the Manufacturers' Cup.

And like the Suzuki Swift Sport Katana Edition Gr. 4, it will also have a unique name: Bugatti Chiron Pur Sport Gr. 3.

Their VGT was originally planned for Gr. 3, but they re-purposed it to Gr. 1 instead.

bugatti-chiron-pur-sport-faster-in-corners-01.jpg

Now imagine this, but transformed into a Gr. 3-style car.

Last edited:
If Polyphony can make fictional Gr. 4 versions of the Suzuki Swift and Mazda 3 into TCR-style race cars, they could at least make a Gr. 3 car for Bugatti.

Since Bugatti has a Gr. 4 in the form of the Veyron, I've suggested time and time again that Polyphony should make a Gr. 3 based on the Chiron Pur Sport, especially since Bugatti doesn't have a Gr. 3 car, and so that they can finally compete in the Manufacturers' Cup.

And like the Suzuki Swift Sport Katana Edition Gr. 4, it will also have a unique name: Bugatti Chiron Pur Sport Gr. 3.

Their VGT was originally planned for Gr. 3, but they re-purposed it to Gr. 1 instead.

View attachment 1312493

Now imagine this, but transformed into a Gr. 3-style car.
I suppose, but on the other hand, I don't know if I'd be terribly interested in seeing Bugatti of all companies in the Manufacturers Cup, if only because they haven't really been racing since the 90s with the EB110, all while being a highly boutiquey brand. This is why I'm fine with Suzuki being in the Manufacturers Cup despite its relative lack of real-world racing heritage, because I see that event as potentially getting people interested in buying a Suzuki - a brand that's relatively inexpensive. Whereas even the higher-end brands like McLaren, Ferrari, and Lamborghini have all continued to race to this day, with the latter two even getting back into prototype racing. Bugatti is in a relatively odd situation where its current lineup has been very inaccessible for some time - arguably more so than McLaren/Ferrari/Lamborghini - while lacking a relatively robust racing history that those other three brands continue to create.

That said, I'd love to see more Bugatti models - namely the aforementioned EB110, the Bolide, and maybe a couple models actually made by Ettore and/or his son. But I don't think Bugatti should join the Manufacturers Cup any more than I'd suggest a brand like Lancia, which doesn't seem to be getting any contemporary racers of any variety anytime soon - or even any remotely sporty cars coming to showrooms that could be turned into Gr.4/Gr.3 models. Of course, with its recent attempt to revive itself, this could all change, but I think it'll be a while before we see potential for Lancia to join the Manufacturers Cup.

Now, I could see there being some updates to some brands' entries for the Manufacturers Cup, especially for Ferrari and Hyundai. I could also see Maserati entering, especially if they can somehow cram the upcoming MC20 GT2 into Gr.3 - or created a made-for-game equivalent. I would also love to see Bentley join, with a Gr.4-spec Continental and the more iconic Continental GT3 that won at the Bathurst 12hrs. Even better if the Le Mans-winning Speed 8 could be the brand's Gr.1 car.

Then there are brands that could be like Bugatti or Alpine, wherein they don't have the cars needed for the Manufacturers Cup, but could still get some cars within certain groups. Alpine could get the A110 GT4 or perhaps a made-for-game equivalent, whereas Lancia could get a Gr.3 car via the Stratos Turbo, as it shares a similar real-world category to the Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette. But I think some automakers, like Mitsubishi and Dodge, are at a dead end of sorts. Maybe the latter could get a Gr.3 racer based on the latest edition of the Challenger, but Mitsubishi seems to be out of options at the moment. At least Subaru has the possibility of getting a further updated machine down the line via Super GT300.

However, I do see tons of potential for more Gr.B cars. Not only with real rally cars from the mid/late 80s like the Renault 5 Maxi Turbo or the Porsche 959 that entered Dakar, but there could be made-for-game Gr.B cars based on the more modern Porsche 911 Dakar or the Lamborghini Huracan Sterrato.

As for Gr.2 cars, I think I'd rather wait to see more DTM "Class One" and Super GT500 cars first, namely entries from Aston Martin, BMW, Mercedes-AMG for the former, with the latter ideally getting the Toyota GR Supra, Nissan Z, and Honda Civic Type R-GT. Not to mention a few more late-90s GT1 cars like the Nissan R390, and/or the Porsche 911 GT1. Even if all these were added, I don't see PD making fictional Gr.2 racers for all the other brands in the Manufacturers Cup, insofar that the championship would include a third group beyond Gr.4 and Gr.3.

Finally, for Gr.1, my hope is that it'll continue to get populated with real-world prototypes - both historic and contemporary, respectively such as Group C and LMDh/LMH - and modified VGT models, as I'm really hoping the Genesis VGT will come in a Gr.1-eligible variant. Otherwise, I don't see PD somehow heavily modifying a car so much that it'd somehow fit into Gr.1.

Last edited:
Good topic.

I wonder why PD never added fictional cars to Gr.2, and never added realistic models to Gr.1, just physically unfeasible and visually strange VGT cars.

I wish PD would stick to the same idea adopted with Gr.3, when they mixed fictional cars GTE (GR Supra Racing Concept Gr.3), GT3 (Jaguar F-type Gr.3) and GT300 (Subaru WRX Gr.3) .

For example, cars from German and Japanese manufacturers could follow the 'class one' model of DTM and Super GT cars, as mentioned above, presenting the M3 model from BMW and Alfa Romeo.

The other German, Italian, British and American cars could follow the FIA GT1 model from the 90s, however, under a modernized aesthetic, such as the Ford GT Mk IV, Pagani Zonda R, Porsche 917 Living Legend Concept, McLaren Senna GTR, Mercedes AMG Project One, Aston Martin Vulcan, its "Race Car GT1" (Gr.2) versions.

Last edited:
It is said that there is a difficult relationship between Pratt & Miller and Polyphony due to the addition of a racing Corvette in a GT game without the authorization of the American manufacturer. It would be fantastic if both companies resolved this mess. Both harm each other commercially. It would be positive for both Corvette race cars to return to the GT game.

Anyway, based on this premise that PM cars won't come to the GT game, I would like Polyphony to bring a fictional GT3 racing version of the Corvette Z06.

In addition to the Corvette, I would like to see a GT3 racing version of the RUF CTR 3 EVO.

These are the base cars:
ruf-hero-lateral.jpg
chevrolet-corvette-z06-gt3.r-race-car-side-view.jpg

Last edited:
With is being a fictional GT1 car, I would assume it would fit into the Gr.3 category. Perfect rival for the Ford GT LM Spec II and the Aston Martin DBR9, I would love to see this!
Original version was like Gr.3 but later versions from GT4 upwards they gave it a boost that made it more like Gr.2

With is being a fictional GT1 car, I would assume it would fit into the Gr.3 category. Perfect rival for the Ford GT LM Spec II and the Aston Martin DBR9, I would love to see this!
I agree, although I wasn't sure if this car would fit Gr.2 or Gr.3. In GT4, when you choose this car in arcade mode, it will put against cars such as the Mercedes Benz CLK-LM and the McLaren F1 GTR (1997).

In order to get an idea of what division this car is, we would have to do some laps on various Gran Turismo 6 circuits and compare the times with other vehicles in the Gr.3 category.

Last edited:
Corvette ZR1 (C6) LM Race Car '09 (Gr.2)

chevrolet_corvette_zr1_lm_race_car_2009_by_bronya47_d9hs8qh-fullview.jpg

de30xhv-b8230a03-6830-458d-b88e-832fed6e15b2.jpg

This car is really fast, maybe even faster than the McLaren F1 Gr.2. Powered by a Chevrolet LS9 engine, this car produces almost 800 horsepower and weighs 1100 kg.

Last edited:
I Have a long list of fantasy cars, that said, surprised they haven't collaborated with hotwheels.. seems only Forza gets them!

I Have a long list of fantasy cars, that said, surprised they haven't collaborated with hotwheels.. seems only Forza gets them!
I remember reading that there was supposed to be a Hot Wheels Twin Mill VGT, but was never green-lit.

I know for a fact that it's here in GTP but I can't remember where...

I remember reading that there was supposed to be a Hot Wheels Twin Mill VGT, but was never green-lit.

I know for a fact that it's here in GTP but I can't remember where...
There are Official Gran Turismo Hotwheels cars for sale, but no Hotwheels cars in a Gran Turismo game! Funny that.

Just interesting to think about that there's been so little crossover between GT games and hotwheels, especially considering PD's love for fantasy tracks and cars...

There are Official Gran Turismo Hotwheels cars for sale, but no Hotwheels cars in a Gran Turismo game! Funny that.

Just interesting to think about that there's been so little crossover between GT games and hotwheels, especially considering PD's love for fantasy tracks and cars...
Assuming the HW concept cars featured in Forza aren't exclusive to them (I don't think they are, as they've been in Asphalt 8, and of course, they have their own dedicated game), one can imagine the Twin Mill featured in GT7, and sold in Hagerty (in Forza, it has a 1969 model year, therefore, giving it "legend" status).

Assuming the HW concept cars featured in Forza aren't exclusive to them (I don't think they are, as they've been in Asphalt 8, and of course, they have their own dedicated game), one can imagine the Twin Mill featured in GT7, and sold in Hagerty (in Forza, it has a 1969 model year, therefore, giving it "legend" status).
480740665_260ccb883d_b.jpg

The 1969 model in legends? I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

I still don't know why it already isn't in the game! I think it's bound to appear in an update sooner or later.
do you really think it will come?? 🤔🤔🤔
if they didn't include rb x fan cars...and we didn't get any new rb in gt7..
25 anniversary is just x2019 with livery..
don't know if it will actually happen..

do you really think it will come?? 🤔🤔🤔
if they didn't include rb x fan cars...and we didn't get any new rb in gt7..
25 anniversary is just x2019 with livery..
don't know if it will actually happen..
I think there's a good chance it comes back in gt7 since it's made by PD so there should be no licensing issues, and it appeared in gt4, gt5, gt6 and gt psp. I guess we'll have to wait and see......

Back