Favorite Cars to Drive at Green Hell

godfathersteve
Didn't see a thread like this when I searched, but what are some of your favorite cars to just do laps around The Ring? A few of mine to get things started

Ruf BTR - with some ballast in the front she'll turn in a 6:56, and a blast to fly around the corners in.

TVR 350C - tuned this for the British Lightweights seasonal event and fell in love with it. Such a smooth ride, great acceleration and a decent top end for the power that you get from it. Best lap (a good enough one to save the replay of) was a 6:59

Aston Martin Vanquish - very smooth ride around The Ring with the tune I have right now, and I love the sound of that engine from outside the car when I'm heading down the back stretch. Fantastic. Have to run it again because I didn't start my lap time spreadsheet until after the time was long gone from my fastest laps, but the DB9 did it in 6:44. The Vanquish can probably come close to that

Ferrari SP1 - a car I didn't get until two weeks ago, handles perfectly and can really attack the corners, enough to boast a 6:35 lap time. Decent speed too, and it looks so good!

So yeah, name off some of your favorites to take around the Nurburgring!

Yeah, I like having the extra traction, I have more fun that way. I've done a few laps in stock cars with all the aids off, but none of those are really post-worthy. I don't tend to drive cars stock, I get too much fun out of tuning them in my limited knowledge and using tunes from some of the garages.

Nice thread:tup:
my favorites ; BMW M3 GTR (standard,streetversion) , Nissan skyline nurburgring version II (premium).
both non tuned , they are from stock excellent:)

Forgot about the M3, I took the CSL out yesterday and put up a 6:43, which I can probably get down to 6:41 with a couple fewer mistakes. It handles so well that I push it too hard in some of the corners.

Currently, the Woodone Advan Clarion GT-R '08 & the 300SL Coupe '54. Both are fun to drive with a good tune and the interior view with all HUD off, good fun 👍

Ferrari SP1 - a car I didn't get until two weeks ago, handles perfectly and can really attack the corners, enough to boast a 6:35 lap time. Decent speed too, and it looks so good!

It does?

Anyhow, one car I really like to take around the Green Hell is the 2006 Ferrari F430, completely stock. It feels heavy, yet soft at the same time and is a blast through the corners.

Love my Alfa Romeo Zagato and RMed Golf.
With all Aids/HUD off of course. ;)
I've concluded that wheel spin is not physically possible in these two cars.
Stock Yellowbird is also a lot of fun.

Love my Alfa Romeo Zagato and RMed Golf.
With all Aids/HUD off of course. ;)
I've concluded that wheel spin is not physically possible in these two cars.
Stock Yellowbird is also a lot of fun.

I've always loved the Alfa, I should give it a go around Nürburgring! It's an awesome little car for its' low BHP 👍

Aston Martin Vanquish - very smooth ride around The Ring with the tune I have right now, and I love the sound of that engine from outside the car when I'm heading down the back stretch. Fantastic. Have to run it again because I didn't start my lap time spreadsheet until after the time was long gone from my fastest laps, but the DB9 did it in 6:44. The Vanquish can probably come close to that

Well, anyone that has been watching Top Gear lately will know that an Aston will of course be fast at the ring.

The DB9 i still my favorite road car, McLaren MP4-26 is the coolest race car.

Well, anyone that has been watching Top Gear lately will know that an Aston will of course be fast at the ring.

The DB9 i still my favorite road car, McLaren MP4-26 is the coolest race car.
Just started watching Top Gear three months ago, actually. Now I'm obsessed.

My favorite car would be the mclaren f1, feels like your never fully in control so you have to stay on your toes

Best Show Ever!

What's your favorite episode?

I like the greatest driving road in Europe, as well as the motorhome replacements, and the Super Saloons.

Haven't seen too many yet, but the one where James takes out the Veyron has to be one of my favorites. That episode also had them trying and failing to act like art critics to get their cars into an exhibit.

Haven't seen too many yet, but the one where James takes out the Veyron has to be one of my favorites. That episode also had them trying and failing to act like art critics to get their cars into an exhibit.

That was a good one, I think the art waas actually good.

And also, do you watch the latest episodes in america, because I always hear people complaining about it.

Bandai Direzza SC430. With my preferred aids setup and Racing Softs it goes faster than I can even handle :D

I tried the '89 Mazda Miata on Sports Hard recently (just above 400pp), found it really a joy for its go-cart character. Might be a bit slow driving compared to the above.

On the other hand tried some old Fiat 500, that was no fun, almost got stuck on the climbing parts, you need some power on the track to really enjoy it.

Mazda Euros Roadster J-Limited '91 totally stock, right down the the comfort rubber. Trying to see if my lack of talent can hit under 10 minutes, totally possible and then some. The only problem with this car is the organic bit behind the wheel.

BMW M5 (slightly tuned) - sport hards
Viper ACR (highly tuned) - racing softs (6:17)/sport hards(6:49)/sport softs(6:40)
Camaro RM '10 - sport hards
AM '60 Corvette - sport softs
ZR1 Corvette RM - racing softs (6:03)

Times are reference points of how much fun I had (speedwise).
Aids off, MT, 6axis.

- Most fun

The delicious BMW M3 CSL E46
RUF BTR or Yellowbird with ballast on the front :)
Any Lotus Elise

All them with sports soft

Lamborghini Miura (Comfort Soft)
Ferrari SP1 (Sport Hard)
Ferrari 458 (Sport Hard)

All cars stock! No aids except ABS1. Cockpit view with instruments OFF. I wish I had a wheel with a realistic brake pedal to play without ABS :drool:

Lotus Esprit, the premium one, what a car :drool: Sport Soft. Gotta try this one!
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 with semi professional exhaust (improving the sound) Sport Soft.
aids & hud off, go grind now. :)

Latest Posts

Back