February Tuner Garage Battle!!! [CLOSED]

• Thread starter psychot|K
  • 138 comments
The time has come.

February will be JDM sports car month. Cast your vote for the car you'd most like to see tuned to perfection in the upcoming Tuner Garage Battle!!!

Each car will have two iterations; Moderate and maximum HP. Should be self explanatory. The details of what "moderate" will entail will be decided upon once the car is selected. Maximum, obviously, consists of every HP increasing modification available (including GT Auto oil change).

Last edited:
In my opinion, it totally depends on the track. I would like to make up a NSX, but if it's on a crappy little circuit, it doesn't really make sense to fully tune it.

Why there's only japanise cars in this list??? Don't like them, they're too flexible. BMW, Lotus or some other european car would be better. But of course all japanese cars are not bad. RX and FT are nice. Voted for FT moderate.

But that's just my opinion.

Why there's only japanise cars in this list??? Don't like them, they're too flexible. BMW, Lotus or some other european car would be better. But of course all japanese cars are not bad. RX and FT are nice. Voted for FT moderate.

But that's just my opinion.

I completely agree with you! However, in trying to arrange which cars to tune for each upcoming battle, the sheer multitude of cars made polling impossible. For example, if I were to list every sports car in the game, used car & dealership, we'd likely get 1 vote for 100's of them, with only a few tallying 2 or more.

By breaking it into groups each month, we can keep the voting concentrated, yet still give people the thoroughly tested tunes they want.

Next battle after this looks like euro cars!

In my opinion, it totally depends on the track. I would like to make up a NSX, but if it's on a crappy little circuit, it doesn't really make sense to fully tune it.

All tunes and laps will be submitted on Trial Mountain. It seems the best chassis test without having to resort to the "variable-inducing" Ring. Plus, everyone and their dog knows Trial Mountain, meaning the focus can be 100% on the car when the drivers are working their 10-lap magic!

I completely agree with you! However, in trying to arrange which cars to tune for each upcoming battle, the sheer multitude of cars made polling impossible. For example, if I were to list every sports car in the game, used car & dealership, we'd likely get 1 vote for 100's of them, with only a few tallying 2 or more.

By breaking it into groups each month, we can keep the voting concentrated, yet still give people the thoroughly tested tunes they want.

Next battle after this looks like euro cars!

Okay, sounds great! Actually even better than I first thought. Monthly theme could be interesting.

By the way, this should be sticky! 👍

I'd like to keep voting to a minimum if possible. Plus, no one seems to have any strong objections to using Trial Mountain. I think it's the fav of many.

It's been mentioned by some Garages that a single track, isn't enough to fairly judge their skill/abilities. I'd recommended multiple tracks per month.

I think it gets a bit too complicated if we would have to vote both track AND car. And even more complicated if we would have many track per month. To keep it simple, the whole tuning garage battle could be in trial mountain in the future too. But that's just my opinion of course.

I was just thinking, is the winning tune going to be published somewhere?

WRX for sure. Would be nice to have a few good tunes out there for the Subaru market. Something I haven't seen done. Plus I am looking for tunes for my subarus.

Maybe a dumb question from me, and certainly there is a reason for this, but why moderate and maximum HP tunes?
There will be preferable to make max tunes?, and if someone wants to lower the car power, the max-tune accepting better a downgrade rather than.
Just an opinion.
Anyway I think this is a great idea.👍

I think any of the Imprezas would be a bad idea. They're too good, lol. Seriously, a little tuning and they're running on rails. Tuning a super-light car like the FT-86 is more of a challenge, and shows who really knows what they're doing, IMO. That is, if this is indeed a competition of some kind. If it's just for generating some good tunes then do whatever.

I think any of the Imprezas would be a bad idea. They're too good, lol. Seriously, a little tuning and they're running on rails. Tuning a super-light car like the FT-86 is more of a challenge, and shows who really knows what they're doing, IMO. That is, if this is indeed a competition of some kind. If it's just for generating some good tunes then do whatever.

The thing about the Imprezas is that yes, it's easy to make a very good one.

But it's hard as hell to make an excellent one.

Add 500+hp on sports softs (I assume) and yeah... Complete ballache to make it as good as it can be.

This is a very cool idea. But as stated before, only one track doesn't seem to be the best. And yes I love Trial Mountain:), but why not Trial Mountain and Top Gear Test Track?
2 tracks in which one is a real world test track:D

Hmm, yes Sports Soft tires for an Impreza could produce a monster on Racing Softs. I'm down with that. My RM Impreza is probably my favorite in my garage.

Hang on wait a sec, is that WRX the sedan or the hatch? Looks like it's streaking ahead, I sure hope it's the sedan.

Hang on wait a sec, is that WRX the sedan or the hatch? Looks like it's streaking ahead, I sure hope it's the sedan.

I think it's the sedan, at least I hope it is. It looks less like a Kia. :yuck:

I was just thinking, is the winning tune going to be published somewhere?

Oh yea! I'm going to archive them in a "TGB - Hall-of-Fame" thread.

Maybe a dumb question from me, and certainly there is a reason for this, but why moderate and maximum HP tunes?
There will be preferable to make max tunes?, and if someone wants to lower the car power, the max-tune accepting better a downgrade rather than.
Just an opinion.
Anyway I think this is a great idea.👍

The reason is that some chassis' can take max power, some cannot. Pushing a car past what the car's "bones" can handle leads to a pretty awful driving experience and lap times. I included the option to give people a bit more variety rather than a blanket-rule of "MAX EVERYTHING!".

Add 500+hp on sports softs (I assume) and yeah... Complete ballache to make it as good as it can be.

You assume right!

My RM Impreza is probably my favorite in my garage.

I was thinking about an RM tuner garage battle actually, featuring some VERY popular cars, like the RM Civic, RM ZR1, etc.

Nope, the '10 is the hatch. Embrace the horror!

Nope, the '10 is the hatch. Embrace the horror!

You LIE!

Seriously, there's the '10 sedan and an '07 hatch in the dealer. No "BBS wheel option" to be found, either. o.O

Edit: Oh. Never mind, they're both "BBS wheel option" equipped, but the sedan is the '10. :P

Am I allowed to enter, lol? I would like to see where I sit compared to more experienced tuners. I could learn a lot from doing well or poorly either way.

You LIE!

Seriously, there's the '10 sedan and an '07 hatch in the dealer. No "BBS wheel option" to be found, either. o.O

Edit: Oh. Never mind, they're both "BBS wheel option" equipped, but the sedan is the '10. :P

Yep, I checked myself after posting that. I also don't think a WRX will have much trouble taking 500hp on board.

I voted for NSX max because most NSX's have oversteer and would make this more interesting.

I actually voted NSX moderate... Just because I want to see if I can build a better mousetrap than Mr. NSX himself, VTiRoj. :D

I'm afraid of the EvoX winning as the way to make it fast also causes that damned "Evo shake" which will get it marked down...

Back