FITT V8 Supercar at Bathurst Challenge now closed. Winners announced.

• Thread starter Pete05
  • 496 comments
Extremely sorry for missing this, a lot of things going on on my end all came together at once.
I never even took my ps3 out of my daughters room last weekend, I just let her do her netflix and stuff. I didn't have time to get more then 6 hours of sleep each night, let alone anything else.
You know what they say, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, well my road is a very well paved road, lol.
Maybe next time? Hopefully.

Awesome Racers & Tuners..

I'm very sorry for not able to complete reviews in the given time. Just got back from kid's school holiday. GT6 disc seems problematic a lil bit more than usual. Still got a lot more things to look after. Can't make this as priority at this moment. I'm very sorry. And not forgeting a million thanks to Test Drivers who spent precious time on the full reviews.

Sorry again for not being able to complete testing.

Thank you for doing the review :cheers:, it must have been hard to spare time driving with the kids and house work. Glad the car drive decent and I got 5 DC, yay :P
It wasn't fast but it was a good drive I reward that with the DC score when ever I can.

Thanks @Otaliema!

Watching @Bowtie-muscle and me go back and forth has been fun!
It was fun to watch.

Extremely sorry for missing this, a lot of things going on on my end all came together at once.
I never even took my ps3 out of my daughters room last weekend, I just let her do her netflix and stuff. I didn't have time to get more then 6 hours of sleep each night, let alone anything else.
You know what they say, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, well my road is a very well paved road, lol.
Maybe next time? Hopefully.
No worries life over GT6.
I hope your getting the gold plated bricks :lol::mischievous:

Awesome Racers & Tuners..

I'm very sorry for not able to complete reviews in the given time. Just got back from kid's school holiday. GT6 disc seems problematic a lil bit more than usual. Still got a lot more things to look after. Can't make this as priority at this moment. I'm very sorry. And not forgeting a million thanks to Test Drivers who spent precious time on the full reviews.

Sorry again for not being able to complete testing.
No worries life over GT6, hope it was a good school holiday and that you had fun with the kid.

All cars tested 5 laps or until I got a good clean lap whichever came second. grip set to real. Bumper cam on a DFGT wheel with a manual transmission. Weather and time at default settings.

I am not doing my normal or untill I get the most from it as the school year is out, so I don’t have a ton of time to test the cars. So my lap times are going to be a bit down and little more scattered.

@Otaliema

Lap Time;2:05.845 DC;12

Impressions and feedback;Understeer, understeer understeer. How Did I managed to think this was good when I finished tuning it? I musta been adapated to the car. Sorry everyone that drove this thing. -_-

@Pete05

Lap Time;2:07.571 DC;8

Impressions and feedback; Stable and quick, the min/max worked quite well with the setup on the car. The Spool Diff made it rather interesting to get around the track, miss a mark and hello wall.

@fordlaser777

Lap Time;2:05.134 DC;3

Impressions and feedback; Excellent exit grip when jumping on the throttle. Only a couple of turns that I had to watch it. Faulken, and hells corner come to mind. :scared: Little understeery from mid to exit, once I adapted my line to allow the push it got pretty quick. Good solid car sir.

@OdeFinn

Lap Time;2:08.306 DC;16

Impressions and feedback;Very interesting car. It has very good turn in, but mid corner it starts to fall apart. If you’re off the driving line you’re gonna have to get creative to not crash, if you’re on the driving line, it will hold the line, I found that due to the understeer, it was best to brake early and power through the apex and let the understeer carry me out and keep me off the walls, and hope I don’t hit the wall after the exit.

@coryclifford

Lap Time;2:06.080 DC;7

Impressions and feedback;Easy to drive but got left with the feeling of wanting something more. It was for me lacking entry-mid, exit was great. But I never got the hang of bringing this car into a turn right. It just had too much entry understeer for me.

@Ridox2JZGTE

Lap Time;2:07.239 DC;5

Impressions and feedback; This car was great fun to drive. Fast no, fun yes. If I tried to dive and dart, understeer city. If I approched this car how I would think it would be driven real life, this car did great, holding lines, hardly ever lighting up a tire, little to no tire squeal. I nailed the downhill twisty bits one lap and it drove like the fastest car up there, dipping, darting and holding it’s line wonferfully. Very well done sir.

@Antares26

Lap Time;2:06.850 DC;6

Impressions and feedback; Good solid turn in and exit grip, great rotation, if I had more time I would have gotten a 2:05 out of it, I ran out of laps, in fact I went over to get this time. Great car sir. Deserving of time than I got it.

@Bowtie-muscle

Lap Time;2:06.321 DC;2

Impressions and feedback; I took to this tune like a bug to the windscreen :lol: It felt so good I kept over pushing the car and burning my lap. I slowed down and kicked this lap out. Great car sir. Well built, only thing that bugged me was some mid-exit understeer.

@shaunm80

Lap Time;2:06.339 DC;3

Impressions and feedback;Just as I would expect from you, the car is very well balanced easy to drive with great entry and exit. I did find a bit of understeer on the flat turns but the downhill slalom section it did great. Nicely done sir.

@MrGrado

Lap Time;2:06.066 DC;17

Impressions and feedback; A fast higher skill car, was very well balanced, but took a few laps to get the entry right, when I hit the turns just right it floated and flowed great, but it would understeer at the limit. Nicely done sir.

@Dashyankuro

Lap Time;2:05.695 DC;15

Impressions and feedback;Understeer meeeee, Understeer yooou, Understeer everywerrre. *doing his best Eddy Izzard blasphmey tune impression NSFW Langue*. This car was fast, but the lack of front aero kept it from being really fast, I couldn’t go flat out in any turn, and I losts at least a half a second in the twisty bits on the mountain. Other wise car was great, great balance, great rotation and exit. Very well done sir.

@xande1959

Lap Time;2:05.638 DC;10

Impressions and feedback;Pfft this car likes it ruff, with a delicate hand. I found that tossing it in flooring it worked great on this one. Laid down a very respectable lap very easily. Very well done sir. You are back to full form after Zika knocked you down. :cheers:

@Ale67

Lap Time;2:06.383 DC;14

Impressions and feedback;Good response, little light on turn in and exit, once I got used to it was a fast car, but was prone to understeer in the high speed turns.

@sinof1337

Lap Time;2:05.419 DC;2

Impressions and feedback;Awsome car did what I told it without thinking about it. Other than jump the throttle. A bit softer tail and this would have been really fast. Nicely done sir.

@Lionheart2113

Lap Time;2:06.936 DC;11

Impressions and feedback;Odd car, I never got the feel of it, it would be planted, I’d hit a small change in elevation and I would be spinning. I just never got comfy in the car I guess is the best way to put it.

@Whitetail

Lap Time;2:04.8113 DC;1

Impressions and feedback;Wow Just wow. Planted, turn in exit, mid, all there. Very nicely done.

@GNR1987

Lap Time;2:05.434 DC;13

Impressions and feedback;This car was quick I’ll give it that, but it had some serious mid-exit understeer in the mid speed turns, and entry understeer on the low speed. Other wise this was a great car, it handled the high speed great the uphill turns fantasicly well. Best one in the uphill section. But it all went to pot on the downhill

@RipFaceDown

Lap Time;2:07.569 DC;18

Impressions and feedback;this car was the hardest of the spool cars to drive. It never settled down. The back was always trying to escape so I never felt like I could push it.
Thanks, my tunes are sometimes the windshield and sometimes the bug. Sounds like it's a windshield this time.

Thanks @Otaliema!

Watching @Bowtie-muscle and me go back and forth has been fun!
It has, you win this time Ralphy, but I'll be back.

All cars tested 5 laps or until I got a good clean lap whichever came second. grip set to real. Bumper cam on a DFGT wheel with a manual transmission. Weather and time at default settings.

I am not doing my normal or untill I get the most from it as the school year is out, so I don’t have a ton of time to test the cars. So my lap times are going to be a bit down and little more scattered.

@Otaliema

Lap Time;2:05.845 DC;12

Impressions and feedback;Understeer, understeer understeer. How Did I managed to think this was good when I finished tuning it? I musta been adapated to the car. Sorry everyone that drove this thing. -_-

@Pete05

Lap Time;2:07.571 DC;8

Impressions and feedback; Stable and quick, the min/max worked quite well with the setup on the car. The Spool Diff made it rather interesting to get around the track, miss a mark and hello wall.

@fordlaser777

Lap Time;2:05.134 DC;3

Impressions and feedback; Excellent exit grip when jumping on the throttle. Only a couple of turns that I had to watch it. Faulken, and hells corner come to mind. :scared: Little understeery from mid to exit, once I adapted my line to allow the push it got pretty quick. Good solid car sir.

@OdeFinn

Lap Time;2:08.306 DC;16

Impressions and feedback;Very interesting car. It has very good turn in, but mid corner it starts to fall apart. If you’re off the driving line you’re gonna have to get creative to not crash, if you’re on the driving line, it will hold the line, I found that due to the understeer, it was best to brake early and power through the apex and let the understeer carry me out and keep me off the walls, and hope I don’t hit the wall after the exit.

@coryclifford

Lap Time;2:06.080 DC;7

Impressions and feedback;Easy to drive but got left with the feeling of wanting something more. It was for me lacking entry-mid, exit was great. But I never got the hang of bringing this car into a turn right. It just had too much entry understeer for me.

@Ridox2JZGTE

Lap Time;2:07.239 DC;5

Impressions and feedback; This car was great fun to drive. Fast no, fun yes. If I tried to dive and dart, understeer city. If I approched this car how I would think it would be driven real life, this car did great, holding lines, hardly ever lighting up a tire, little to no tire squeal. I nailed the downhill twisty bits one lap and it drove like the fastest car up there, dipping, darting and holding it’s line wonferfully. Very well done sir.

@Antares26

Lap Time;2:06.850 DC;6

Impressions and feedback; Good solid turn in and exit grip, great rotation, if I had more time I would have gotten a 2:05 out of it, I ran out of laps, in fact I went over to get this time. Great car sir. Deserving of time than I got it.

@Bowtie-muscle

Lap Time;2:06.321 DC;2

Impressions and feedback; I took to this tune like a bug to the windscreen :lol: It felt so good I kept over pushing the car and burning my lap. I slowed down and kicked this lap out. Great car sir. Well built, only thing that bugged me was some mid-exit understeer.

@shaunm80

Lap Time;2:06.339 DC;3

Impressions and feedback;Just as I would expect from you, the car is very well balanced easy to drive with great entry and exit. I did find a bit of understeer on the flat turns but the downhill slalom section it did great. Nicely done sir.

@MrGrado

Lap Time;2:06.066 DC;17

Impressions and feedback; A fast higher skill car, was very well balanced, but took a few laps to get the entry right, when I hit the turns just right it floated and flowed great, but it would understeer at the limit. Nicely done sir.

@Dashyankuro

Lap Time;2:05.695 DC;15

Impressions and feedback;Understeer meeeee, Understeer yooou, Understeer everywerrre. *doing his best Eddy Izzard blasphmey tune impression NSFW Langue*. This car was fast, but the lack of front aero kept it from being really fast, I couldn’t go flat out in any turn, and I losts at least a half a second in the twisty bits on the mountain. Other wise car was great, great balance, great rotation and exit. Very well done sir.

@xande1959

Lap Time;2:05.638 DC;10

Impressions and feedback;Pfft this car likes it ruff, with a delicate hand. I found that tossing it in flooring it worked great on this one. Laid down a very respectable lap very easily. Very well done sir. You are back to full form after Zika knocked you down. :cheers:

@Ale67

Lap Time;2:06.383 DC;14

Impressions and feedback;Good response, little light on turn in and exit, once I got used to it was a fast car, but was prone to understeer in the high speed turns.

@sinof1337

Lap Time;2:05.419 DC;2

Impressions and feedback;Awsome car did what I told it without thinking about it. Other than jump the throttle. A bit softer tail and this would have been really fast. Nicely done sir.

@Lionheart2113

Lap Time;2:06.936 DC;11

Impressions and feedback;Odd car, I never got the feel of it, it would be planted, I’d hit a small change in elevation and I would be spinning. I just never got comfy in the car I guess is the best way to put it.

@Whitetail

Lap Time;2:04.8113 DC;1

Impressions and feedback;Wow Just wow. Planted, turn in exit, mid, all there. Very nicely done.

@GNR1987

Lap Time;2:05.434 DC;13

Impressions and feedback;This car was quick I’ll give it that, but it had some serious mid-exit understeer in the mid speed turns, and entry understeer on the low speed. Other wise this was a great car, it handled the high speed great the uphill turns fantasicly well. Best one in the uphill section. But it all went to pot on the downhill

@RipFaceDown

Lap Time;2:07.569 DC;18

Impressions and feedback;this car was the hardest of the spool cars to drive. It never settled down. The back was always trying to escape so I never felt like I could push it.
Thanks for the review and testing despite the serious lack of free time. Much appreciated :cheers:

Ok all, it's time to put this little competition to bed once & for all.

Congratulations goes to @Whitetail for taking out both sections with the Fastest Lap average & smoking the rest of us with a win in DC.

Thanks to all that took part in the challenge. I hope you learnt something from the experience. If it isn't how to turn a lap at Bathurst, it'll probably be how to deal with a car PolyphonyDigital blessed with terminal understeer.

Special thanks of appreciation to my friend @Otaliema for his patience, understanding,
guidance & help with all the things I'm clueless at. I couldn't have done it without you mate :bowdown:

@Pete05 @fordlaser777 @OdeFinn @coryclifford @Ridox2JZGTE @Antares26 @Bowtie-muscle @shaunm80 @MrGrado @Dashyankuro @xande1959 @Ale67 @sinof1337 @Lionheart2113 @Whitetail @GNR1987 @RipFaceDown
@Bass Addict

Final results post updated

Congratulations to everyone, it was a fun and challenging competion this time around from Mr Pete. Well planned. I learned alot about that track and how to tune a race car on a high speed track.
Big congrats to @Whitetail for smashing the field in this close race. Nailed it!

Now on to the Clio!

Back