FITT V8 Supercar at Bathurst Challenge now closed. Winners announced.

• Thread starter Pete05
  • 496 comments
I will be very interested in seeing these tunes. I can't volunteer to test just yet, when we get closer to the date I will reevaluate if I will be able to or not. (Most likely will be able to)
Added sir. Tentatively

Cheers, any excuse to run more laps round Bathurst, should be fun and a learning experience for me. I've run quite a few tunes from people in here with pretty good results (your Rally Raid TT tune comes to mind, top 150 for me with not a lot of effort, Thanks BTW:tup:). Got my time down to a 2:00.9xx (with the spec trans, and all other conditions in the OP) but I won't spend any more time on that. Instead I will do some laps with stock suspension, aero and diff, (and the spec trans which is pretty good apart from some laziness pulling through Griffins IMO) so my com
parisons will be against that and not my slightly pilfered tune.:cheers:

Edit: High 2:05's with Sports Softs and no adjustments other than eggs under my pedals, but good fun.
That was a fun car the Rally Raid. Awesome to hear you did great with it.
I look forward to seeing what you can do with these cars. Got any friends that would come join the fun?

Unfortunately no. PD in their wisdom have seen fit to make it impossible no matter which way you try. This proved a major headache & almost made me dump the whole idea. Being a determined SOB, I matched the gear ratios to where the guys make the changes in real life.
As I said in the OP, with a 3.25 final drive, these cars were bouncing off the 7500 rpm limiter before the right hand link on Conrod Straight - 302 km/h.
On trialing the correct 6th gear ratio together with the 3.25 diff, this car wasn't even close with minimum wings :irked:

Back in 2005, V8SC started to use 3.15 final for Bathurst, and it allows the cars to pass 300kmh ( theoretically speaking 306/7500rpm), but as far as I know in that season, only certain team claimed to pass 300kmh in the 2005 events ( I think it was Perkins Engineering team )

Add me as a tuner, and probably tester. My current controller has gotten so bad that its either stop tuning or buy a new one, so the replacement should be here in a few days :lol: Now its just a matter of finding time to test.

Back in 2005, V8SC started to use 3.15 final for Bathurst, and it allows the cars to pass 300kmh ( theoretically speaking 306/7500rpm), but as far as I know in that season, only certain team claimed to pass 300kmh in the 2005 events ( I think it was Perkins Engineering team )
Interesting. I can clearly remember Neil Crompton (a former driver, current commentator & the guy in the setup video) giving each individual gear ratio including the final drive in a Bathurst telecast. In another year he gave us the maximum speeds in each gear and quoted 302 km/h for 6th.
To add a question mark, over the years, usually during the Top 10 shootout, the cars would have their maximum speeds on screen for us all to see. I never saw anyone break the 300 barrier despite clearly hearing them on the limiter. Perkins Engineering usually had very strong engines (if not cars) at Bathurst - Larry always rose for the occasion as a driver & engine builder but, 2005 wasn't one of their strongest years. Steven Richards qualified their lead car 1.3 off Pole Position.

Add me as a tuner, and probably tester. My current controller has gotten so bad that its either stop tuning or buy a new one, so the replacement should be here in a few days :lol: Now its just a matter of finding time to test.
Welcome onboard the fun train :) 👍
@Otaliema will add you to both lists, tentative as a Tester.

Interesting. I can clearly remember Neil Crompton (a former driver, current commentator & the guy in the setup video) giving each individual gear ratio including the final drive in a Bathurst telecast. In another year he gave us the maximum speeds in each gear and quoted 302 km/h for 6th.
To add a question mark, over the years, usually during the Top 10 shootout, the cars would have their maximum speeds on screen for us all to see. I never saw anyone break the 300 barrier despite clearly hearing them on the limiter. Perkins Engineering usually had very strong engines (if not cars) at Bathurst - Larry always rose for the occasion as a driver & engine builder but, 2005 wasn't one of their strongest years. Steven Richards qualified their lead car 1.3 off Pole Position.

From what I know in the past from watching on tv, when racing at Bathurst, usually V8SC drop the power about 50HP to keep the engine lasts longer, more reliable and consume less fuel. Maybe that's one of the reason the car could not top 300kmh, and Perkins car might have more power compared to others, while risking more fuel usage, tire wear, and engine wear.

From what I know in the past from watching on tv, when racing at Bathurst, usually V8SC drop the power about 50HP to keep the engine lasts longer, more reliable and consume less fuel. Maybe that's one of the reason the car could not top 300kmh, and Perkins car might have more power compared to others, while risking more fuel usage, tire wear, and engine wear.
Yeah prior to the COTF regs coming in that allowed Mercedes, Nissan & Volvo to enter, each team could decide their own fuel strategy. Now it's a minimum of 7 stops mandated by the organizers but the teams/drivers can still alter the fuel mixture from inside the cars.
Just about every team up & down pitlane will arrive at the track with a practice/qualifying engine in the car and swap in a fresh one for the race. I can't quote a number for the others but the pushrod Ford & Chev engines are usually good for 2,500km in between rebuilds.

I removed 100kg weight, use the other extreme of spring rate ( got 2 sets ), increase front aero and got 2:07s in 1st lap, it's not a TT tune, but it's enjoyable to drive, will take it to High Speed Ring to see how it goes there, should be good for less than 1:09s lap.

Not a circuit fanatic, but this was something most dinky di Aussies would have a crack at.
Havent really been round Bathurst much on GT6. I certainly got a kick out of mashing the gas over the top of the mountain again. Last I spent this long at the track would have been V8SC2 on PS2.

Didnt bother too much with suspension in all honesty.
Done very little in GT6 but drag race, so even having to turn and brake has become foreign. Lol.

Any how, about an hour later, the best I'd come up with was a 2.04.960.

Miles off some of the times been thrown up here, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Cheers for the challenge @Pete05

Not a circuit fanatic, but this was something most dinky di Aussies would have a crack at.
Havent really been round Bathurst much on GT6. I certainly got a kick out of mashing the gas over the top of the mountain again. Last I spent this long at the track would have been V8SC2 on PS2.

Didnt bother too much with suspension in all honesty.
Done very little in GT6 but drag race, so even having to turn and brake has become foreign. Lol.

Any how, about an hour later, the best I'd come up with was a 2.04.960.

Miles off some of the times been thrown up here, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Cheers for the challenge @Pete05
You're very welcome :cheers: Can we add you to the official list of Tuners?

On another note, you mentioned V8SC2 on PS2. That brought back many memories for me, including being able to lap the track under 1:50:xxx :rolleyes: Games have come along way haven't they.

You're very welcome :cheers: Can we add you to the official list of Tuners?

On another note, you mentioned V8SC on PS2. That brought back many memories for me, including being able to lap the track under 1:50:xxx :rolleyes: Games have come along way haven't they.

Not sure what I slapped together would warrant adding me.

Got fond memories of that game too.
Cant recall the model, but we used to have a couple of metal geared,logitech wheels with it.Them things used to be hell when launching.
Throw in a projector to make split screening far more user friendly.
And the icing on the cake, 2 brothers to verse.
Aint nothing better than kicking your brothers ass. Lol

Indeed, games have come along way. Primarly in graphics.
In other areas, theyve gone nowhere in decades.
I still laugh at just how terrible spawn trapping is in FPS games.
I vividly remember it was a major issue in GoldenEye and that dates back almost 20 years.

Last edited:
I wont rule out having another play with it. 👍
But Im bashing a DS3 at the moment. Not sure thats much chop for testing if everyones running wheels.
Given my very limited experience here, I highly doubt I'll do anyone justice any way.

Best I learn to walk, before I run.

I wont rule out having another play with it. 👍
But Im bashing a DS3 at the moment. Not sure thats much chop for testing if everyones running wheels.
Given my very limited experience here, I highly doubt I'll do anyone justice any way.

Best I learn to walk, before I run.
You would be surprised at how many involved are on a DS3, myself included.

Look at the top 10 record times in all the super lap seasonal races.
You will find that its around 50/50 on who uses wheels or controllers.

And if the super-human's who cross the Finnish line 1/2 a day before the rest of us can do it with controllers, I would say the only difference between the two is drive style, not talent.

Its not really by choice. I have a G27.
I also have 3 boys under the age of 7. The two dont mix... successfully. Lol.

Having said that, drag racing with a wheel is not good. So its not a major restriction for most of my game play.

Figured everyone would have a rig of some sort.
Oye three boys. That's a house full of rowdy I'd say.
My house is balance drama and rowdy. One of each under 6.
DS3 is just fine by us here as @fordlaser777 said only a few wheel users here now a days.
If you want to side test and post your results if you finish go for it.
Nothing like putting down 200 laps at a track to learn it no your limits at it.

Oye three boys. That's a house full of rowdy I'd say.
My house is balance drama and rowdy. One of each under 6.
DS3 is just fine by us here as @fordlaser777 said only a few wheel users here now a days.
If you want to side test and post your results if you finish go for it.
Nothing like putting down 200 laps at a track to learn it no your limits at it.

Some have all the luck.
Wife would have stopped at 2 if the 2nd was a girl. Damn my male making nads to hell. Lmao.

And yes, its very rowdy. Seems the only time its not, is when their sleeping or eating.

Anywho......
I invested a little more time on this thing.
Inconsistency is, as I expected , by far the biggest hurdle for me to overcome.
146272646424616452364.jpg

Some have all the luck.
Wife would have stopped at 2 if the 2nd was a girl. Damn my male making nads to hell. Lmao.

And yes, its very rowdy. Seems the only time its not, is when their sleeping or eating.

Anywho......
I invested a little more time on this thing.
Inconsistency is, as I expected , by far the biggest hurdle for me to overcome.
View attachment 544523
:lol:
There's nothing wrong with your times if you're in the 2:04 bracket & just to reassure you about being a DS3 user, so am I :) 👍

That was a fun car the Rally Raid. Awesome to hear you did great with it.
I look forward to seeing what you can do with these cars. Got any friends that would come join the fun?
No, sorry, I don't. Most of the people on Friends List have migrated to PS4 and PCars or PC racing.

Also, I gave the stock XR8 settings a go and was pleasantly surprised. Although it was slower in overall lap times, it was still great fun to drive. I thought it had serious understeer issues (my memory isn't that flash though), but it was nowhere near as bad as i remembered.

I think the only time controller vs wheel would ever matter would be if you had both and tested 1/2 the cars with one, and the other 1/2 with the other.
Which, I can't even imagine anyone thinking that to be a good idea, lol.

And say your slower then most people by like 5 seconds or so. So what? As long as you are fair and test honestly the true "results" are still going to show with the difference between YOUR set of times.
We are FAR from all equal here, lol. We have a few super humans around just as we have decent racers getting better every race. If we didn't tune or test just because we couldn't get close to the super humans, these competitions would have like 3 or 4 people every time, lol.

Perhaps it's the drag racer in me....
If your not first, your last. Lol.
And 3-4 seconds is a monumental difference.

Going to try tweek the AU again tonight, once the rug rats hit the sack.

What I'm running now gets around the track ok, but it's not really letting me position the car where & how I'd like it.
Previous track history and throttle control are pretty much what I've relied on to date.

Id have thought that a decent handling car would allow for very fast consistent times.
But, I'm still a newbie to this brake and turn stuff.

Last edited:
I was just doing some testing of controller vs wheel, with stock XR8 settings and my tune, both set-ups were 2.2 seconds slower for me with the controller, so that might put everyone's lap times a lot closer together, also my fast lap time was done with a tune I've been using for ages and with my wheel.
Just checked my stats and a certain car/track combo features heavily (this is why I will only test for you guys)...20160509_130044.jpg

Back