Formula 1 2022-23 Off Season and TESTING ThreadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 331 comments
If the rumours that Lance has broken both his wrists are true, then Drugovich will almost certainly be in that car for Bahrain, very likely for Saudi and possibly Australia too. Aston need to stop trying to hide what has happened and accept that there's a high chance Lance won't be ready and give Felipe enough chance to have some laps to be ready to make his Grand Prix debut as be may get a few races out of it.

Seems like an announcement is inevitable, I don’t understand why they aren’t being more transparent about it either.

Last edited:
Maybe they just don't want to pressure Felipe with mediaaction (even if he is already aware of driving Race 1).

Or they trying to convince Seb to return 😍

Last edited:
There are three people here at work that knew nothing about F1 other than I liked it. But after they all started watching D2S they are constantly coming up to me during the season asking me questions or wanting to talk about how the season is going or what happened over a race weekend.
So now there's ten F1 fans in the Tennessee Valley. :P

Last edited:
“It’s hard to know [where we are] until we get going. We set some goals for development which we didn’t hit [and] we felt it was better, to be honest about that,” said Brown.

Dangit, McLaren.

panda-rage.gif

Could be nice to have a well experienced driver in the lineup. Someone like a Vettel, Alonso or Ricciardo with good experience to have good and reliable feedback to sort things out 😎

This is tragically funny. Seems Hulkenberg's best chance of an F1 podium was to stay as a reserve driver and fill in for Stroll.

Red Bull look downright scary already. Comfortably clocking the fastest laptimes and booking the most laptimes at the same time.

Blimey, I expect the 2023 season to take off where 2022 left us.

Red Bull look downright scary already. Comfortably clocking the fastest laptimes and booking the most laptimes at the same time.

I'm thinking the same thing while really hoping that Ferrari and Mercedes will have something up their sleeves to stop them but guess we'll have to wait til the season starts...you look at the RB19 performance on track, it's as if it is on rails with barely any fault to be seen. Everyone at red bull seems pretty chilled and relax about everything cause they already know they have a great car. They are definitely the team to beat.

“It’s hard to know [where we are] until we get going. We set some goals for development which we didn’t hit [and] we felt it was better, to be honest about that,” said Brown.

Dangit, McLaren.

panda-rage.gif
For the umpteenth year in a row. How many more times do we need to hear this before they actually start changing something? Because whatever it is they are doing currently, it isn't working.

For the umpteenth year in a row. How many more times do we need to hear this before they actually start changing something? Because whatever it is they are doing currently, it isn't working.
Yeah, I'm trying not to be a doomsayer so early on, but it's just so frustrating.

On the plus side, the Alfa, Alpha, and Aston could be fun to watch. Maybe the Haas, too?

Meet the new boss.

Same as the old boss.

Would be a shame to sell a second team right before Redbull starts making their own engine. AT has benefitted them greatly with young drivers and actually having seats available that aren’t at places like Manor or Williams.

Last edited:
Boooo. No 300 for Seb :ill:
I'm glad. He's left for good reasons, he said the only race he would come back for is the Japanese GP at Suzuka.

Would have made zero sense to offer it to Vettel anyway given that Drugovich has now done a good amount of running in the car, on the track that he'll potentially be subbing on.

Anyone else kinda wish RIC would have taken the option to go to Indycar with McLaren?
Maybe an option for him to keep racing regularly I guess, but there is a lot of homegrown talent over the pond and a few ex F1 drivers I've heard of going to that series (not a follower of Indycar, just what I hear in the news) so I'm not sure how he would get on. I feel his heart is in F1 and maybe the move back to Red Bull will suit his groove a bit better. I wish he had dropped his price and gone to Haas, good results in that car alongside Magnussen would have raised his profile a bit more, as he seems to me to be a bit lost at the moment following his Renault/McLaren spells.

Back