Formula 1 crypto.com Miami Grand Prix 2024Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 321 comments
Why have they done away with the video feed of the trip to the podium? that was always funny to watch.

Last edited:
I... think that's the first time ever that "God Save the King" has been played on the podium...

Edit: I guess it depends if they played GSTK or GSTQ for Russell's win in November 2022, as the Queen died in September '22 and Chuckles wasn't crowned until May '23. Not that it'd make much sense to save her at that point, I suppose.

Edit Edit: Apparently it changes at accessions, by law.

Last edited:
That was victory #1 for Lando at his 110th Grand Prix. For reference, that puts him joint with Giancarlo Fisichella as the 8th longest career before first victory.
Nico Rosberg won on race #111
Jenson Button on #113
Jarno Trulli on #117
Rubens Barrichello on #124
Mark Webber on #130
Carlos Sainz on #150
Sergio Perez on #190

But that Podiums record going is the bit that makes it feel longest.

Piastri with a half upgraded car was more or less keeping pace with Max but with the full upgraded mcLaren, I think Lando had the pace even without the safety car he probably could have beat Max on track. Although it would have tricky considering he was still a bit stuck behind Perez, unless that was because he was still managing his tires. That was a strong race from mcLaren and I'm really happy for them and Lando.

Ferrari is due for an upgrade at the next race I think. Hope that will get them closer to red bull too so more drivers can keep red bull on their toes.

In other news, I see that when Lewis stops thinking he is a certified engineer and keep experimenting things, he can do some good with the car. He kept Perez honest while Russell couldn't even catch Tsunoda whom by the way also drove a really strong race.

At this rate, probably never.

I'm starting to think talking negatively about Hamilton might secretly be helping him because I genuinely wasn't expecting Q3 for him or Russell. Ready to be proven wrong again like I was with his move to Mercedes...6 times precisely :lol:
And what do you know, here we are again :lol:

Wait, Lando? In a McLaren? After being sent str8-2-gaol for walking the track after his car borked? What'd I miss?

In other news, I see that when Lewis stops thinking he is a certified engineer and keep experimenting things, he can do some good with the car. He kept Perez honest while Russell couldn't even catch Tsunoda whom by the way also drove a really strong race.
Speaking of Tsunoda, I wonder if this weekend's finish puts doubt back into Danny's future. Started off strong with the Sprint, but with the understanding that he had a penalty that put him at the back, it still looks like he did absolutely nothing all race whilst Tsunoda had a strong weekend through out (Q15/F8 in Sprint, Q10/F7 in Race). That car is definitely quick enough to get past the Saubers & the Alpines.

Last edited:
Sainz gets a time penalty for the Piastri contact, dropping him to P5 and elevating Checo to P4.

I guess Verstappen went into meltdown.
For someone struggling with the car, I wouldn't say he had a meltdown. Mclaren just had some upgrades that really transformed the car and Lando made the most of it even before the Safety car arrived.

YouTube comment made me choke on a cashew. 😤

Magnussen: picks up yet another penalty

Ocon: Finally a worthy opponent

Real happy for Lando. But gutted for Piasti. Safety car ruined his chance of a podium and then Sainz finished the job completely. Think Oscar probably would have finished fifth at worst otherwise.

Last edited:
Back