Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 286 comments
Looking back at the race replay it was clear to see the big gaps since the feed switched to the helicopter cam. Martin even mentioned the 10 sec rule when he did it the 2nd time.

Why do they even need to talk to the driver to make the decision? I don't remember this happening in a year or three back.

If a rule is breached, it should be pretty clear as to what penalty will be applied. Maybe the penalty won't affect the race result?

edit: They'll be talking to the stewards in 17 minutes.

Last edited:
Meanwhile at DTS production: makes this a Sainz focused episode, with a storyline talking about his rivalry with <checks roulette wheel> Bottas
Insert something thing about how Sainz looked up to Alonso and how Alonso's chance to beat Sainz blew up.

And Hamilton struggled to concentrate during the race after his jewelry infringement resulting in a lock up.

This race would've lessened the gap between Leclerc and Verstappen... driving level wise this year. Leclerc made only 2 major mistakes before (Imola and Paul Richard), but here now Verstappen had done it.

Checo's really the best here, but Sainz is quite poor.

WDC battle but not in frontlines; Hamilton vs Vettel vs Verstappen. Vettel's the good one here to defend against those 2 faster cars.

So for Suzuka here's what Max needs to be champion there:
Gain 8 pts on Leclerc, 6 pts on Perez

So the following scenarios are enough:

VerstappenPerezLeclerc
1FL--
1-3
24 / 5FL5 / 6FL
47 / 8FL8 / 9FL
58 / 9FL9 / 10FL
69 / 10FL11

Last edited:
So for Suzuka here's what Max needs to be champion there:
Gain 8 pts on Leclerc, 6 pts on Perez

So winning with FL would already do it, and winning without FL as long as Leclerc is not second.
It would help if we knew the result of today's race first...

Red Bull Sport GIF by Red Bull Racing

Also a little fun fact: Russell can still tie with Verstappen if he wins every single race with FL and the last sprint race, and Verstappen doesn't score a single point anymore, but he would then lose on the tiebreaker (nr of wins)

Last edited:
Another complete race of time later and still no result. The FIA really haven't looked very good this weekend.

Just caught up with all the craziness.

Would never have expected Max to struggle so much, he’s been so dominant recently.
Sad to see Lewis do so poorly after great practice and qualifying sessions.
I’m not a big fan of Perez, but it would be kind of ******** for them to take away his victory. His performance was amazing, especially so when you see how other amazing drivers like Max and Lewis struggled, so hats off to Perez for an amazing drive.

16 minutes inside the 3 hour rule... although it is 1.49 am in Singapore right now :lol:

At least Sergio will wake up tomorrow to some good news.

I had to look up the results because my recording, which was already set to record an additional hour, didn't get the entire race. Why? Because there was an hour delay for absolutely no reason.

Tell me, what's the point of amassing "the best drivers in the world" if you never let them exhibit these skills because "Ew, rain!"? What's the point of full wet tires if they're never used?

Decision is in:
1st SC: Reprimand
2nd SC: 5 sec and 2 penalty points

Perez wins!
On the one hand he deserves the win but on the other hand how convenient the penalties were just enough to keep the win.

If I were Ferrari I'd seriously be questioning that. Well, if there was more at stake anyway.

As for why the two incidents have different penalties:
When questioned during the hearing PER said that the conditions were very wet and that it was very difficult to closely follow the safety car with little heat in his tyres and brakes.

Although the track was wet in parts, we do not accept that the conditions were such as to make it impossible or dangerous for PER to have maintained the required less than 10 car length gap.

Nevertheless, we took into account the wet conditions and the difficulties highlighted by PER as mitigatory circumstances for this incident and, accordingly, determine that a reprimand ought to be imposed.

As this was the second breach of Article 55.10 by PER during the race and followed an express warning from the Race Director, we determined to impose a 5 second time penalty on PER.

On the one hand he deserves the win but on the other hand how convenient the penalties were just enough to keep the win.

If I were Ferrari I'd seriously be questioning that. Well, if there was more at stake anyway.
If Leclerc hadn't degraded, he could've been inside 5 seconds.

If Leclerc hadn't degraded, he could've been inside 5 seconds.
Ferrari even told him during the race to keep within 5 seconds, as that was what they were expecting. Only later after the finish they told him there was a chance for a double 5 sec, but they didn't sound very confident about it anyway

Back