Formula B-Spec Season 2 Finished - optiongamers champ

• Thread starter Earth
  • 787 comments

Add weight distribution as a setup option starting with race #2?

• Yes

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why did I drop so many spots from practice to qualifying? I haven't gotten to the end of the race, but I sense I already know what happened there. :grumpy:

@Earth what happened to me? I went from 5th to 12th in one corner but no replay of it.

The change of track from 2014 to 1998 really hurt your setup. Your car struggled for grip through every corner and was 5-6 seconds a lap off the pace.

Why did I drop so many spots from practice to qualifying? I haven't gotten to the end of the race, but I sense I already know what happened there. :grumpy:

It wasnt until I was reviewing the number of pit stops in the results file that I noticed it looked like you had an incident. At that point the entire race was already uploaded. So Ive looked through the replay and found your incident on lap 23 and made a gif of it.

sUiRRnN.gif

The change of track from 2014 to 1998 really hurt your setup. Your car struggled for grip through every corner and was 5-6 seconds a lap off the pace.

It wasnt until I was reviewing the number of pit stops in the results file that I noticed it looked like you had an incident. At that point the entire race was already uploaded. So Ive looked through the replay and found your incident on lap 23 and made a gif of it.

sUiRRnN.gif
Well ****

It was this or I had spun myself. Thank you @Earth.

It does seem everyone was hurting for grip. My guy slid around a bit, but in the last five laps it started looking like a drift event. Gerarghini was dealing with it all race, I counted at least eight times apart from your main off that you probably would have gone off.

It was this or I had spun myself. Thank you @Earth.

It does seem everyone was hurting for grip. My guy slid around a bit, but in the last five laps it started looking like a drift event. Gerarghini was dealing with it all race, I counted at least eight times apart from your main off that you probably would have gone off.
I think the problem is that the cars seem to be naturally a bit twitchy, to add to that problem most people were using low downforce and I assume aggressive ride heights to compensate for the lack of downforce but the track still has plenty of corners that need downforce as well as big elevation changes that will punish a low car.

1st Place optiongamers FIS/Ferrari

wC7QGZq.jpg

Q:
After 3 wins this season and a sizeable lead in the points do you now consider yourself the championship favorite?

optiongamers: No there is still others fighting for the championship and anything can happen in the next few races.

Q: You were the first team in 8 races to win the Michael Schumacher award. How is your car so dominant?

optiongamers: The consistency this season has played a part in being dominant.

Q: Are you looking to try and clinch the title early or are you going for solid results to perhaps avoid any trouble?

optiongamers: I would like to try and get it early.

Q: Big Ferrari power, Monza, the Tifosi, will you win the next race?

optiongamers: Yes.

2nd Place Peasantslayer FIS/Honda

yZN3R6f.jpg

Q: Another podium, but you lost points to optiongamers. Are you disappointed?

Peasantslayer: I knew Spa would be a difficult track to master and with 5/6 drivers looking like they could win I'm more than happy with 2nd.

Q: Was the difference in speed between you and optiongamers at Spa simply down to the engine or was there something else?

Peasantslayer: Perhaps having that extra power allowed to him to run more downforce and have a bit of an advantage in the middle sector but I could be wrong since I have no idea how he has developed his car throughout the season with regards to upgrades.

Q: Is there any team orders between the Honda cars to try and take down optiongamers as a team?

Peasantslayer: Obviously it's great to see the Honda powered teams do well and finish ahead of the other manufacturers but when we are going wheel-to-wheel we are only thinking about ourselves.

Q: Do you have some sort of plan to overcome everything optiongamers and Ferrari have going for them at Monza?

Peasantslayer: After performing reasonably well in Spa I'm slightly more optimistic about Monza, the car has looked fast in Monaco, Catalunya and Spa which are very different tracks to each other, I feel more confident about my setup and strategy than in Spa but Monza poses a very unique challenge which could give us a few surprises.

3rd Place JohneyPixel FIS/Honda

fnwu5Nb.jpg

Q: A solid 3rd place finish. Are you happy or are you looking for another win?

JohneyPixel: I'm definitely glad to be back on a podium, the pace wasn't quite enough for the win, but i'm a bit disappointed the car didn't make it to the 2nd, I dropped a few places at the start and had a couple of slow laps after the pit which showed later in the race. But hey! It's a good result nonetheless, just feeling a bit sorry for Gerarghini.

Q: All the cars around you were on 2 stop strategies, do you think being on 1 stop helped or hurt you?

JohneyPixel: I think it hurt me a bit, the pit lane entry at 98 Spa is actually a lot quicker than the actual track, so pit stops don't really cost much. Not sure if a two stopper would change anything though, the car seemed to be easy on the tires.

Q: Your first podium since winning the opener. Why havent we seen you in the top 3 more often?

JohneyPixel: Well, quite simply, the setups were a wreck, except for Canada where my driver decided to crash from 3rd place. The car actually seemed moderately fast in practices and qualifying which was quite deceiving, because it makes you think the setup is good, but then you lap 2 seconds slower than everybody else in the race!
I did some changes for Spa and they seem to have paid off.

Q: Spa is a fast track, so are you confident in the cars performance heading to Monza?

JohneyPixel: Monza is a bit less tricky than Spa in my opinion. The car might be in a slight power disadvantage, but i hope i can keep up the pace :)

11th Place DCybertron FIS/Porsche

fSP1l7N.jpg

Q: Why have you struggled so much this season?

DCybertron: I don't really know. I haven't really found my stride this season in terms of tuning, and the three DNF's in a row certainly didn't help me in finding one.

Q: Which of the last 3 tracks do you think you have the best chance to turn things around?

DCybertron: Fuji is a pretty fast track, and that plays to the high top speeds of the Porsche. I'll try to take advantage on that.

Q: Do you have any goals for the rest of the season?

DCybertron: While I'd love to get a podium or even a win, I'm just trying to finish in the top half of the pack, so at least I can say my season has been moderately successful.

Q: If you could do something this season over differently, what would it be?

DCybertron: If I had known that the even power and weight of the Porsche would give it disadvantages, I would've chosen differently. Honda was actually my second choice, and they've been doing really well.

As long as no BS goes down this race, looks like @Peasantslayer has this. Good job dude
Cheers I hope your right and good luck getting your car sorted 👍, it's alright having a quick car but if I'm not leading out of T1 or if I fail to build a gap on the first lap one of those Porsches' will probably win, defending against/passing them on the straights will be very hard and I expect some other drivers to jump up a few places as well.

Bizarre is right. My ideal lap is apparently a second faster than my actual qualifying time (3rd fastest ideal lap). Good to know I got the speed I was looking for.

If only it went on Ideal Time! :lol: I just had to have a terrible qualifying after my previous post... Any idea what happened @Earth?

When your car first came out it was in the middle of alot of traffic. It came back out late again. First flying lap the car spun in the 2nd chicane. 2nd flying lap was fast but the car pulled into the pits before finishing it. Still had about a minute left on the clock. Just very, very unfortunate.

Back