Formula One Eni Magyar Nagydij 2011

Did anyone see that Red Bull mechanic who had pink streaks in his hair? I think it was shown in qualifying when Vettel got pole. I would put up a pic but I deleted off my mysky.

Did anyone see that Red Bull mechanic who had pink streaks in his hair? I think it was shown in qualifying when Vettel got pole. I would put up a pic but I deleted off my mysky.

Screen%20Shot%202011-08-03%20at%2014.02.15.png

Lewis was quicker by a second or something the last lap and I think also the lap before. The lap we are talking about Jenson was 6 tenths quicker in the first sector but Lewis made 7 tenths in the other two sectors making at the end of the lap 1 tenth quicker like I said. He then matched or beat Jenson's 1st sector the next lap if I recall correctly. I had live timing so it was funny to hear David praise Jenson for being faster when Lewis was pulling a second a lap on him the two laps before and managed to beat him in the lap we are also talking about. Coulthard was using it as a sign that Jenson was faster than Lewis in these conditions at that time even though Lewis beat him in the last 3 laps in total by over 2 seconds. This is off memory so accuracy is probably +- 1 seconds.

It was due to traffic. Lewis came across the traffic in sector 1, but Button came across them in the tighter second and third sectors. The commentators spend too much time watching the timing screen and miss the fact there is traffic on-screen.

And what happened to Button in the first pit stops? Button's pitstop was faster than Hamilton's but he lost 6 seconds from before they both pitted to after sector 1 of Button's pitstop. What happened there? The commentators missed that completely.

And what happened to Button in the first pit stops? Button's pitstop was faster than Hamilton's but he lost 6 seconds from before they both pitted to after sector 1 of Button's pitstop. What happened there? The commentators missed that completely.

"The" commentators miss a lot of things. It is impossible for them to notice and mention everything, particularly when there were 88 pit stops going on in front of them.
Find me a commentator who has never missed a thing, they don't exist.

"The" commentators miss a lot of things. It is impossible for them to notice and mention everything, particularly when there were 88 pit stops going on in front of them.
Find me a commentator who has never missed a thing, they don't exist.

You've got a very good point :D And to correct myself, it was the second pit stops where Button lost a lot of time. It was on slicks where Button made the gains on Hamilton. On inters, Hamilton was pulling away. I bet they notice things I don't just as often as when I notice things they don't :dopey:

Back