Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,347 comments
I can't imagine they'd add new cars from these guys in Apex Allstars, since Schuppan literally only designed the one car...

There were actually two Schuppan models, the 962LM and the 962CR. The LM came first, and was basically all of the parts of an early Porsche 962 built around Schuppan's own carbon chassis, with Porsche-supplied 962 long-tail bodywork and a water-cooled Porsche 2.65-litre DOHC race engine. There were more or less four of these, the first prototype used a Porsche chassis but was destroyed during testing, the two production cars now both wear replica Rothmans liveries (and the Japanese owner of one pretends it's a real Le Mans 962), then the final car was built by another company from spare parts when Schuppan got into financial difficulties, but never made road-legal.

The second Schuppan, the CR, had their own bespoke bodywork that took more influence from the 959, a wider passenger cell for comfort, and an air-cooled 3.4-litre SOHC supplied by Andial, which was road-derived, torquier, and more reliable. There were four CRs too, with the last one road-registered as late as 2006 after 13 years in storage. A fifth chassis was manufactured but was never used for a car, and more recently was used to rebuild the Andretti-raced 1991 Porsche that donated its original chassis to a Dauer road car.

The car in FH5 is the 962LM that was built from spare parts, which had a remaining CR rear bumper and a CR wing fibreglassed onto the Porsche bodywork. Stories differ on why, either to try to attract Porsche interest in creating a GT1-legal car from it as it wasn't entirely Group C bodywork any more (they backed Dauer instead), or to try to sell it to a buyer who had ordered a CR (who didn't take it either way). Where it gets confusing is that the current owner of this car claims it's a CR, despite using an LM chassis, bodywork, and probably engine, so when Playground have recreated it they've used the general 962CR specs that can be found online along with a model of that specific car, resulting in an LM that drives like a CR.

All of that is a very long way of saying that, while there were two Schuppan models, the one in FH5 is a mishmash of both, so if they added a second one it would either look like or drive like the one that's already in!

Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office
You know we love ya bud.

Strange that we only got 1 eventlab in this week's playlist. There have been 2-3 every week for ages...

I also thought that it was a nice touch that the two weekly rivals were in the 2024 Mustang and the new Raptor R. Very appropriate given the whole theme of this month.

Strange that we only got 1 eventlab in this week's playlist. There have been 2-3 every week for ages...
Next week's playlist won't have an EventLab at all; they'll be replacing it with an extra PR stunt and Seasonal Playground Games for that week only. It's quite strange indeed, but I get it; they want folks to contribute to the Race-Off even if they only play through the Playlist enough to get the new cars, so Seasonal Championships are the absolute priority.

Last edited:
Next week's playlist won't have an EventLab at all; they'll be replacing it with an extra PR stunt and Seasonal Playground Games for that week only.
My only concern is how they will set the difficulty level for the "extra PR Stunts."

As a playlist hater and not wanting to spend any time at all on this feature, and PR stunts have become one of the content items I avoid whenever possible these days due to the inconsistent difficulty levels. (I generally ignore this stunt because speed zones are especially prone to that)

If it's an easy score, it's faster content than eventLab, but if it's a crazy score difficulty, like the leaderboard top 100 they even do, I'll spit every possible expletive against them at the monitor, then go to the rally adventure.

In Jake’s new video he talks about the addition of Motorsport cars into Forza Horizon 5. Now for Motorsport players the road cars seem to make sense to carry over and as it’s not a very popular game currently I thought I’d create a list of all cars that can potentially get ported over from Motorsport into future updates

See video here:

2011 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde
1990 Alpine GTA Le Mans
2001 Aston Martin V12 Vanquish
2016 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport
2002 Chevrolet Camaro 35th Anniversary Super Sport
2011 Citroen DS3 Racing
2013 Dodge Dart GT
2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8
2005 Dodge Neon SRT4
1996 Dodge Stealth RT Turbo
1986 Dodge Shelby Omni GLHS
1998 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo
1992 Ford Falcon GT
1968 Holden Monaro GTS 327
2012 Infiniti IPL G Coupe
2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe
2019 Lamborghini Sian FPK37
1973 Lamborghini Espada 400 GT
2014 Lexus IS350 F Sport
2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport
2004 Maserati MC12
1997 Maserati Ghibli Cup
1985 Mazda RX7 GSL SE
1973 Mazda RX3
2019 McLaren Senna GTR
2015 McLaren P1 GTR
2004 Mercedes Benz C 32 AMG
1966 MG MGB GT
1958 MG MGA Twin Cam
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R
2011 Peugeot 308 GTi
1971 Plymouth GTX 426 Hemi
2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Ram Air
2007 Porsche 911 GT3
1993 Porsche 911 Turbo S Leichtbau
1993 Porsche 968 Turbo S
1993 Porsche 928 GTS
1980 Porsche 924 Carrera GTS
1963 Shelby Monaco King Cobra
2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
1974 Toyota Corolla SR5
2006 Vauxhall Astra VXR

So if Motorsport is anything to go if of these can be predicted based on theme. I’d also like to point out a tiny little incorrect detail. The Batista was in Motorsport first before paid dlc in FH5 yes however the Batista was base content in Motorsport when it launched in October and was not new in update 3. T10 has been using autoshow cars for spotlight discounts instead of adding a new car each week

He says the game may be more stable as they only announced five fixes. I hope that means the bugs which plagued Series S users like @Populuxe have been ironed out now as it'd be a real shame if they can't enjoy the game along with the rest of us Series X and PC players.

Last edited:
He says the game may be more stable as they only announced five fixes. I hope that means the bugs which plagued Series S users like @Populuxe have been ironed out now as it'd be a real shame if they can't enjoy the game along with the rest of us Series X and PC players.
Every time I play, I have to dedicate about 15-30 minutes just to reach a stable point where the game doesn't crash and everything is connecting correctly.

Every time I play, I have to dedicate about 15-30 minutes just to reach a stable point where the game doesn't crash and everything is connecting correctly.
Same here. For one, everytime I attempt to do the monthly rivals event with the raptor R and '24 mustang the game either has me waiting 5 min to load or it crashes back to the home screen. And thats just one example of quite a few. I dont understand why has this game been so damn buggy since basically the start of the year. Its forced me to sink way more time in FM lately but still going to attempt to snag these cars this month.

Same here. For one, everytime I attempt to do the monthly rivals event with the raptor R and '24 mustang the game either has me waiting 5 min to load or it crashes back to the home screen. And thats just one example of quite a few. I dont understand why has this game been so damn buggy since basically the start of the year. Its forced me to sink way more time in FM lately but still going to attempt to snag these cars this month.
For me, on PC, it's mostly odd connection issues during matchmaking. It's like it's expecting packets that show I'm still in the queue, but its timeout is set way too strict, leading to me being dropped without on-screen errors.

Does anybody know if there's a Mystichrome option for the cobra? I've tried recreating the color so much in the paint booth but I can't quite get it right so I'm kind of hoping it has it as an option, that way I don't have to fiddle with it anymore.

Recently I was playing at TC Motorfest.
I'm back for "chore" for the first time in a week, and compared to Motorfest's AI, FH5's AI often feels like it's designed to make me uncomfortable.

The AI in both games is rubberbanding AI, and they cheat on each other.
But Motorfest's AI feels like it behaves more like classic rubberbanding.
In other words, at the beginning of the race they torment me, and at the end they entertain me.
Above all, this game is an arcade racer. If they can drift around corners at 250km/h, I can do the same. Even if they are cheating with grip and power, the physics are fair.

The AI in FH5 is different.
A bug that's been around since FH3 as far as I can remember, but they often don't stop cheating until the end of the race. Every time they turn a corner with their million-horsepower engine at full throttle and tires with the ultimate grip that defies physics, and they ignore all obstacles and road effects.
And, I? Residents of the Simcade world. The laws of physics only handicap me. You have to slow down properly in corners, and in cross-country you have to avoid obstacles and puddles. Oh, and of course when it rains, the understeer welcomes me.

As a result, I have to keep restarting race until their bugs don't occur and they "nurf" things appropriately.

I'm really disappointed that they decided not to fix this crazy obnoxious AI.
At least if there wasn't a bug where the rubber banding wasn't lost, I wouldn't have to waste such an unpleasant amount of time.

I think that would bother me more if the seasonal championships weren't locked to Highly Skilled difficulty. It might cause more of a problem with those EventLabs which feature AI opposition but choosing the right car helps a lot with that.

Last edited:
I think that would bother me more if the seasonal championships weren't locked to Highly Skilled difficulty. It might cause more of a problem with those EventLabs which feature AI opposition but choosing the right car helps a lot with that.
I think you can set the difficulty on those higher than that, you're just not allowed to set them lower than Highly Skilled.

I think you can set the difficulty on those higher than that, you're just not allowed to set them lower than Highly Skilled.
This is what happens when I try to alter the difficulty in Seasonal Championships:

2e32e646-2003-461e-a508-02405f0c6038.png

I know you can alter the difficulty in EventLabs which is why I said they might cause more of a problem.

Last edited:
Random thought... Does the '67 GT500 from the carpack have a unique brake light animation? Driver San Francisco did. Or did they just make all lights light up? I think an old comment from the DSF entry of this very car said it best, but the actual car had sequential tail light patterns.

Last edited:
You can actually cheese the achievement to win 6 races against unbeatable drivatars by setting unbeatable difficulty then doing seasonal championship races. They lock the drivatars to highly skilled but those races count towards the achievement.....

I was looking to take a pic of my new Artura for Horizon Promo, and I saw this Senna with an apparently AFK owner. Photo op! (And as an aside, it’s interesting that after years of nothing but alphanumeric model names, McLaren has embraced actual names like Senna, Speedtail, Sabre, and Artura.)
cc4d5adb-373d-4dfa-b46d-149378400859.png

And as an aside, it’s interesting that after years of nothing but alphanumeric model names, McLaren has embraced actual names like Senna, Speedtail, Sabre, and Artura.

It's very deliberate, yeah - McLaren got a lot of criticism for having boring, soulless names hence the move to something more creative going forward. They're also focusing on less bland exhaust sounds and so on, to try to inject some of the 'specialness' that the Lamborghini and Ferrari equivalents have.

I think they'd also be starting to struggle with overlap now that the 'small' McLaren is more powerful than a 650S. Naming it 680S or 680E or similar would have made it sound like it was related to the 650S / 675LT rather than an all-new 570S replacement, while calling it something like 580S would make it sound slower than it is, and if they're breaking with the car being named after its output they might as well do something more memorable like Artura.

When McLaren started using words for models, they all started with S so I thought they’re going the Aston Martin and Lotus route.

But then the Elva and the Artura came out, so seems like that’s not gonna be the case, but it’s still nice to have actual words.

Last edited:
So it seems a second kit was/is in the works for the 2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra. From what I can gather from the video that was posted in it it seems to be a Roush kit

Back