Forza Horizon 5 Series 34 Preview: Riding the 80s Retrowave

• Thread starter Famine
  • 7 comments
Probably most excited for the BX. My Dad used to have one when I was a kid although it wasn't the homologation special. Should be a blast 😊 The Countach and the N 74 are both welcome additions. The Esprit and the M635CSi are okay but simply returning cars from previous games so can't get too excited for them.

Probably most excited for the BX. My Dad used to have one when I was a kid although it wasn't the homologation special. Should be a blast 😊 The Countach and the N 74 are both welcome additions. The Esprit and the M635CSi are okay but simply returning cars from previous games so can't get too excited for them.
It may be just me, but given that the Esprit Turbo was last seen in Forza Motorsport 4, and the M635CSi was last seen in Forza Motorsport 7 - or Horizon 3 if you only talk Horizon games - I'd personally argue that the returning cars aren't as bad as they could be. Sure, it'd probably be better if they were added in the Autoshow so that the playlist could be fully dedicated to new cars, but still. Could be worse, especially when compared to say the GMC Syclone/Typhoon (FH4).

It may be just me, but given that the Esprit Turbo was last seen in Forza Motorsport 4, and the M635CSi was last seen in Forza Motorsport 7 - or Horizon 3 if you only talk Horizon games - I'd personally argue that the returning cars aren't as bad as they could be. Sure, it'd probably be better if they were added in the Autoshow so that the playlist could be fully dedicated to new cars, but still. Could be worse, especially when compared to say the GMC Syclone/Typhoon (FH4).

Didn't we have the 1977 Esprit in FH4 as part of the "Bond" series of cars? Even though it was listed under "James Bond" I'm pretty sure it was the bog standard 210hp version? Must admit, didn't realise the Beemer hadn't made an appearance in a Forza title since 2016/2017. Could just be because I'm not that interested in it....On the other hand, if they brought back the Alfa Romeo Brera or the CL65 AMG I would be a lot more excited 😊 (but I get it's the Retrowave season) so that wouldn't make sense.

Didn't we have the 1977 Esprit in FH4 as part of the "Bond" series of cars? Even though it was listed under "James Bond" I'm pretty sure it was the bog standard 210hp version?

The 1977 was a 160hp 2.0 Series 1, while the 1980 is a 210hp 2.2 turbo Series 2.2, the limited edition Essex Turbo Esprit. It wasn't until 1982 that there was a full production Esprit with over 200hp, when the Series 3 Turbo Esprit began production.

The gift that keeps giving. Was a nice surprise wake up this morning and there we a live stream let’s go! Cant wait. Some nice cars to and I can’t wait for new radio and go cruising down the highway 😉

The 1977 was a 160hp 2.0 Series 1, while the 1980 is a 210hp 2.2 turbo Series 2.2, the limited edition Essex Turbo Esprit. It wasn't until 1982 that there was a full production Esprit with over 200hp, when the Series 3 Turbo Esprit began production.

Thanks for educating me 👍😊 In that case, I'm a bit more optimistic for this version.

Latest Posts

Back