Forza Motorsport 3

• Thread starter RedOak
  • 3,944 comments
:ouch:

I really thought they might pull it off this time. It will be a shame if GT5 has changing weather and Forza 3 does not. Well, a bummer for Turn10 anyway.

;)

That would be a big bummer, they couldn't say they are the best game. Well I guess they could but it wouldn't be close to the truth.

That would be a big bummer, they couldn't say they are the best game. Well I guess they could but it wouldn't be close to the truth.

Since when has wheather effects become such a big deal? If Forza 3 don't include changeable weather, it doesn't mean it is a poor game.

Weather effects are cool, but there are WAY more important things to a game.

Reventón;3429271
I'm going to assume Turn10 couldn't get the tire manufacturers on board this time.
http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/10894/1856_0013.jpg

Not sure if that's the case, as the car in the background has the Michelin sponsor. It could be something that they haven't done though, but its hard to tell.

I always thought that it was funny that in GRID, I have Bridgestone as my primary sponsor, but on my R10, it only gets to run Michelin tires...

Since when has wheather effects become such a big deal? If Forza 3 don't include changeable weather, it doesn't mean it is a poor game.

Weather effects are cool, but there are WAY more important things to a game.

Quite true, but the feature itself has become as prominent, or rather as expected as a detailed interior view, or damage for that matter. Without either of the two, or even one without the other reviewers tend to view it as a negative non-inclusion regardless of the reasons behind it.

Not to mention, you simply can't go around boasting about this and that about being definitive, yet you lack weather effects. Doesn't make sense.

Those are pretty nice Le Mans pictures but the Toyota GT-ONE TS020 stood out, does it look stubby to you guys or is it only me?

1856_0012.jpg

729185279_910169bb10.jpg

Or maybe it is just the angle.

Many people here would know I'm usually pretty easy on Forza 3, but this one does actually annoy me, because its a blatant lie. Other things are still either subjective or speculation because the game isn't out yet (best graphics, best physics, best racing experience, etc). But saying no other racing game simulates tire deformation is a blatant lie. LFS has it, and does it extremely well... you can even download the demo for free and see it (one view puts you between the wheels with no visable car, only the wheels visable, and you can clearly see how it simulates tire flex).

EDIT: One of the things I love about LFS is you really feel in touch with your tires as you drive.

Ya, Richard Burns Rally has it also.

Pretty bummed about not having night racing, we've already done La Sarthe day with a low number of cars with GT4.

:ouch:

I really thought they might pull it off this time. It will be a shame if GT5 has changing weather and Forza 3 does not. Well, a bummer for Turn10 anyway.

;)

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed too, but not majorly. In games that do have changable weather I almost never race in the wet anyway. Though I do enjoy racing at night, so here's hoping they have day/night cycles! (though they probably wont have that either :P)

Special report! SRT

What's the deal with the in car camera?? You can see it clear as day in this video that the "virtual" wheel and driver aren't responding properly to the player's input, there's massive lag. I'm hoping this is just an "interface" issue that'll be solved before the game comes out, but it makes it look horrible.

Last edited:
Those are pretty nice Le Mans pictures but the Toyota GT-ONE TS020 stood out, does it look stubby to you guys or is it only me?

1856_0012.jpg

729185279_910169bb10.jpg

Or maybe it is just the angle.

What do you mean by stubby?

What's the deal with the in car camera?? You can see it clear as day in this video that the "virtual" wheel and driver aren't responding properly to the player's input, there's massive lag. I'm hoping this is just an "interface" issue that'll be solved before the game comes out, but it makes it look horrible.

I mentioned that before, it appears to have a dead zone or something and the ingame wheel "snaps" back into the straight postition, I'm not sure if the Fanatec wheel is causing this or the ingame annimation has some sort of return to straight position (the snap), doesn't look natural.

I assume it's something they can fix up before release.

What do you mean by stubby?

Shorter and taller, while the real car looks longer and flatter.

I mentioned that before, it appears to have a dead zone or something and the ingame wheel "snaps" back into the straight postition, I'm not sure if the Fanatec wheel is causing this or the ingame annimation has some sort of return to straight position (the snap), doesn't look natural.

Yeah, we talked about it a few pages ago, but this video makes it look even worse. Its not even the dead zone though, look when the driver does a quick flick right then left to make a correction, there's so much delay when the real player has flicked left, the virtual wheel is still pointing right.

If GT 5 has changeable weather and it´s more then just a graphical effect of course that is surely a big plus. You can´t make endurance racing without changeable weather and Le Mans you need day/night cycles too. Who doesn´t want to race nordschleife from dusk to dawn. Optimum would be to do it like in flight simulator 9/X where you have live weather from weather stations :)

I don´t expect it in GT 5 either though. If Turn 10 is anal about their 60 fps (which is great) they don´t feel they can allow wet weather due to them having to reduce the graphics quality in other areas. As with Polyphony I get the feel that they are all about the graphics so I doubt they will want to do that as well :(. Probably one of the features they vote down the earliest when planning a new racing title due to all the extra work lol

But I am mainly in these games to drive thus it´s an important feature for me. I don´t paint cars much or look at replays. It´s fun to drive in wet conditions puts more at stake and really forces you to be extra smooth. Would also be nice with snowy/icy tracks. Wishful thinking here but why not let you at least run different presets for at least some of the popular tracks like Nordschleife. Icy nordschleife the white hell ;)

It´s prio 1 together with trackIR support (hope for natal here) now that cockpits is in there

Weather changes is great for enduro's (or just longer races) and tyre strategys. Especially online where the winner could be the guy that made the correct tyre choice.

IMO weather changes isnt as important as Day/Night cycles or options. I think they will have Night on some tracks because Forza 1 had Night tracks. So It just wouldn't make sense; they are probably including a large amount of tracks from Forza 1 and then not include the night point to points. But then again they may have a couple of track pre-wet like GT4....

This mindless fanboy war is getting kinda pathetic, why do people on both sides feel the need to hate on one of these games ?

Both offer features the other one doesnt, Forza has its strong points, GT has its strong points, neither game is perfect and one can easliy pick faults with both games.

another thing that seems off to me, is just how much emphasis some people seem to be placeing on graphics, last i checked gameplay was the most important factor, and by the looks of thing both games have insanely good graphics, the differance between them is marginal at best, i really dont see the average player who isnt a total graphics wh*re choosing FM3 or GT5 simply based on with game has the shinyest graphics, their not so anally retentive as to spend hours of there time analizing Alpha build screenshots to decide which game is better.

Enjoy both games, each has something the other doesnt.

Forza 2 didn´t have any night races or anything. Though with LeMans (I don´t remember it being in Forza 2 long run I runned it) I am kind of expecting them to offer something for that track at least. But again that is just wishful thinking based on knowing that turn 10 judging Forza 2 actually feels like they are true racing nuts. I don´t agree with much of their marketing hyperbole. That is already covered but they continue to push their tire physics as prio number one and I think it shows with Forza 2 versus GT 5P that they have spend much more time on that department.

Maybe wrong thread to ask but except for graphics, sheer number of cars, well modelled tracks what´s the strength with the GT titles? The prologue is not really selling but perhaps I am focusing to much on physics...

I don't feel as compelled to do loooong endurance races in Forza, as I'm in a much larger group that uses the controller. With a G25 it holds your interest more, and I did do a large amount of the 24H races myself in GT4 using the DFP. So with that, I don't feel that day/night changes are extremely important. Weather changes, sure. However, I'd be happy if they would allow you to save the state of a race much like we all wanted with GT4 rather than leaving the system paused overnight or longer.

Well there is the Turbo S which supports both 360/PS 3 and PC so all is not lost for endurance racing on Forza 3 :). Pure edition perhaps and use your G25 pedals?

I already got the RS but since it doesn´t have 360 support I recently ordered a turbo S pure. Enjoyed Forza 2 enough to feel it´s a worthy investment lol. That one I got through with the MS FFB wheel junk.

That's the thing, I don't want to spend more money on gaming peripherals. I don't game so much now, but I'll probably still get Forza 3 and maybe GT5. I say that because I know Forza will work good with the controller, but GT just about requires a wheel now, and I hate dragging mine out and setting it up on the makeshift stand I've got.

but GT just about requires a wheel now, and I hate dragging mine out and setting it up on the makeshift stand I've got.

Sometimes I sit back and play GT5P a little with the controller and don't have any problems (Pro setting). I am quite sure PD will always make it accessable with controllers (in all physics modes).

Sometimes I sit back and play GT5P a little with the controller and don't have any problems (Pro setting). I am quite sure PD will always make it accessable with controllers (in all physics modes).
I really can't see my self playing GT5P with out my DFGT... With a good wheel and set up it does not even feel like a granturismo game.

But back on toppic, The above toyota GT1 looks alot fatter then the real one, But that audi look's great.

Shorter and taller, while the real car looks longer and flatter.

It's weird, if Forza 2 had cockpit view that is how I would imagine it reacting based the feeling I get from using the wheel (I've been testing it again recently). It's a disconnected feeling that seems unnatural, and I can only hope that it's only a visual bug in F3 and not an indication of the physics engine.

Forza 2 had some great fantasy tracks so I am kind of more looking forward to them than the tracks I have driven to death already. I am so tired of all these GP tracks it´s ridiculous. Not nordschleife though I wonder if you ever can get enough of that

Le Mans is really not that great of a track either. I am sure it´s amazing IRL due to the speed though :)

Back