Forza Motorsport 4 Server Status

Complete server meltdown. This is what, the 4th time that the servers have become unusable the days following a car pack release? Can FM4 servers really not handle 20k simultaneous users?

T10 said on twitter that they will be performing maintenance tomorrow at 7
AM PST. It should last a couple hours .

That explains why the photos I uploaded last night have disappeared into the ether, then!

I see. Can't say I noticed anything, but I was in the auction house most of the time. The outage lasted maybe 2hrs yesterday, starting around ~1pm CST. There's been a couple of hiccups today but the only lasted seconds. For all I know, it could be the crap weather in the area.

Just a quick update: the servers have been having some issues, ie. won't connect to the auction house briefly, can't load the club garage, etc. in the last few days but it seems to only happen around 9-10pm EST, perhaps when the most people are online and as a result the server can't quite handle everything. Hopefully it will all be sorted out soon. It's nothing game-breaking, just minor inconveniences.

Don't hold your breath. This was an issue with FM3 from what I read, it has been an issue since fm4 launched and though they keep saying they did things to fix it, it never gets better.
The player numbers are likely dropping since the game is now 4 months old yet the servers still become unusable for ~48hrs after a DLC launch and become unstable at high usage times.

As of 10AM PST (1PM EST), the servers will be down for about two hours. This may be in preparation of the title update, and it may not be, but it's a heads-up either way.

I'll update the OP if I can, but if not, someone feel free to post a reminder in big bold letters (in the fashion of the OP) reminding everyone further; because I'm a bit OCD, it should be "Down for Maintenance" in blue text. :P

As of 10AM PST (1PM EST), the servers will be down for about two hours. This may be in preparation of the title update, and it may not be, but it's a heads-up either way.

I'll update the OP if I can, but if not, someone feel free to post a reminder in big bold letters (in the fashion of the OP) reminding everyone further; because I'm a bit OCD, it should be "Down for Maintenance" in blue text. :P

Using my knowledge of American time zones gained from the Daytona 500 I'm guessing it is that time now, the server is down (for me at least).

does anybody still play forza 4 online? are there servers that at least support it?
I plan to buy it and then buy ALL the DLC's and cars that are there on their own to have as much cars to start with, as humanly possible. I also want to own EVERY car on the Forza Car list. is this possible with just buying lots of MS points (i was thinking 3x4200 points for starters) to buy DLC's and 5 cars that were for pre-orders only and 3 ltd ed cars and so on. Also, I see from the car list posted on here is that there are some that are named 'Unicorn'. Does this mean that these cars are also available in the Marketplace and available for buying like all the DLC packs (i hope ALL of them are starting from the very first and finishing with the very last).
or is the Unicorn something else that You wont find in the usual Forza 4 Marketplace?

Thank You very much in advance for explaining it to me! I'm a fresh Forza fan and a lifetime GT fan ... NO MORE!

Hi Tyler

I think you have posted this in a wrong threat. But anway:

First some bad news for you:

- You cannot buy a Unicorn car. These are gifts from Turn 10 for achiving some goals, like beating a time at a race against a race driver or stuff like that. Or sometimes they give away Unicorns as presents. But these cars are very rare. But I would say those are not "must have" cars. It's just nice to get them.

- There is a limitation on cars you can have in your garage. It is supposed to be 550 cars. You can drive any car in Forza 4 without owning it, but you have to buy it so you can make changes on the cars (Tuning and Painting).

The good thing about Forza that there is nothing like a "standard" car. So you willl have a cockpit view in every car.

Back