Genshin ImpactPS4 

yney/Yelan with Lynette, Xingqiu, and Sayu

Phase 2
Tartaglia/Zhongli with Freminet, Noelle, and Xinyan
Thanks for the info! Good to know, took me a moment to figure out the new spoiler mechanism!

I've got my notification on for your upcoming stream.

In case you guys missed it over on Hoyolabs Developer Discussion it is now confirmed that we will get the 8 sets of artefacts added to the strongbox in 4.0, those being Tenacity/Pale Flame/Emblem/Shinemawa/Husk/Ocean Hue/Echoes and Vermilliion Hereafter so I am glad I have loads of artefacts sitting waiting to reroll.

It also confirmed the artefact limit will increase to 1800 as of version 4.0

There will be a chocie of 10 weapons on the battle pass so the current five WILL remain rather than be replaced by the new Fontaine Weapons so that's good for me since I still have some that need refinements.

There are also changes coming to the Daily Comissions as well (not for 4.0 though) as discussion of a new format is being made but reading between the lines I wonder if we might get a more Honkai style system where there's one Daily Comission and we get the rest of our Primo's from other stuff like beat bosses/Spiral Abyss etc;

Sounds like there is quite a lot to reveal on Friday's program, looking forward to it but I think my decision to focus on one account now is proving good as I should be able to finally get everyone built with the new artefact boxes!

Last edited:

Forgot to post this yesterday, but this is going to be an amazing update. I'm looking forward to the eventual world quest involving the Melusines. Hopefully it's on the same level as Aranyaka in terms of length/lore.

36 hours until the update goes, and we now have our characters that will be in version 4.1!

First stop is Neuvillete, the judge. Interesting detail: he doesn’t have a vision.
IMG_3916.jpeg

And next is Wriothesly. Feels like it’s been forever since cryo had a five star.
IMG_3917.jpeg

36 hours until the update goes, and we now have our characters that will be in version 4.1!

First stop is Neuvillete, the judge. Interesting detail: he doesn’t have a vision.
View attachment 1280018

And next is Wriothesly. Feels like it’s been forever since cryo had a five star.
View attachment 1280019
Phew! Saved!

I had a bad feeling they might put the archon in 4.1 which would upset my Primogem saving plans but all will be good for my guarantee and her weapon!

I am a little confused as both these guys looks like five star material, I am guessing thought that one of them is a 4 star, any ideas?

Last edited:
They are both 5 stars. I’m wondering when that segvinne character is coming. She was that melusine by wriothesly in the one trailer.

Interesting, I guess this will be the first patch where we actually get two new five stars alongside the reruns as I don't think we've had two five stars revealed before this one.

Will be interesting to see who else is in the lineup as I guess this will kinda throw off the leak predicitions for a few days as now means I guess that we will have one archon and one other character rerun alongsidee these two.

Think I am all set for Wednesday, am going to try and grab myself a copy of Lyney's weapon for my collection but otherwsie saving for the 4.2 update.

@TetsuKobura

Congrats on the stream rolls, I just finished watching, I did laugh a lot when you got the double Aqua Simulcara but pleased you got Lynette and Lyney to C6 and of course The First Great Magic Bow R5.

Update has been pretty cool so far but I haven't done very much yet.

Interesting to note we both have the same savings plans here for Furina and Navia so I guess we probably have similar rosters character wise.

After I get those two you've now convinced me to save everything there after for Yoimiya's next run (probably next year) to try and C6 her and R5 Thundering Pulse.

Last edited:
Yeah, my rolls turned into a Holy W. 5 won 50/50s in a row on character hasn't happened to me ever. It's like my account was seeded, or destined, for greatness at that moment in time. I managed to only need roughly like 1200 total rolls for all this. Truly a lovely sight, and it pretty much guarantees C0R1, maybe even C1R1 Furina, before the top-up resets for 4.1 if it carries on like previous years. Managed to also snag a couple Kavehs and some odd constellations here and there. Now only Mika remains as the lone 4 star I've yet to acquire (soon to be 2 because I don't want Freminet).

Ignore the first Tighnari, that was during the Dehya banner. Also the first two weapons.
Screenshot 2023-08-16 141903.png

Both twins are at 80, with Lynette's talents being more equally balanced at 6/9/9, and Lyney at 11/1/4, moreso because I can't farm Lyney's talents until tomorrow's reset. Despite this, Lyney is managing ridiculous numbers against enemies higher levelled than him. Turns out going my vape prediction instead of mono-pyro has some form of merit after all. Lynette is also really fun to play, as long as her anemo infusion isn't ruined by a C6 Bennett in co-op. Now I just need them at Level 90 so they don't get hit for quite as much against the meka enemies.

I finished both of the Fontaine archon quests today. It was pretty theatrical, no pun intended, but overall flowed nicely. I'm thankful Navia has an extremely fun personality. Finally, there will be a 5 star Geo unit in the near future I actually like.

I cannot get over how good Fontaine city's themes are. It doesn't matter what time of day it is, every single one of them is a certified banger. And then there's the battle theme that normally plays in the crab boss, artifact dungeon, and overworld. Probably my favorite battle theme yet since one of the inazuma themes. Hoyoverse's division responsible for music might actually surpass Sumeru in terms of overall quality by the end of 4.x.

Also, the melusines might end up being my new favorite non-human species. Each one has a unique personality, and they're all ultra adorable.

Last edited:
Both twins are at 80, with Lynette's talents being more equally balanced at 6/9/9, and Lyney at 11/1/4, moreso because I can't farm Lyney's talents until tomorrow's reset. Despite this, Lyney is managing ridiculous numbers against enemies higher levelled than him. Turns out going my vape prediction instead of mono-pyro has some form of merit after all. Lynette is also really fun to play, as long as her anemo infusion isn't ruined by a C6 Bennett in co-op. Now I just need them at Level 90 so they don't get hit for quite as much against the meka enemies.

I finished both of the Fontaine archon quests today. It was pretty theatrical, no pun intended, but overall flowed nicely. I'm thankful Navia has an extremely fun personality. Finally, there will be a 5 star Geo unit in the near future I actually like.

I cannot get over how good Fontaine city's themes are. It doesn't matter what time of day it is, every single one of them is a certified banger. And then there's the battle theme that normally plays in the crab boss, artifact dungeon, and overworld. Probably my favorite battle theme yet since one of the inazuma themes. Hoyoverse's division responsible for music might actually surpass Sumeru in terms of overall quality by the end of 4.x.

Also, the melusines might end up being my new favorite non-human species. Each one has a unique personality, and they're all ultra adorable.
How did you build Lynette out of curiosity, some people seeming to be 'screaming' all Elemental Mastery she's Sucrose but to me she looks more ATK/Crit based type build?

Yeah the 'show' with the archon quest was pretty good, whilst I have enjoyed all the stories I have to say this one is pretty memorable because of Furina, not least because I like the voice actress but the whole justice idea too and Navia is definetly a win, she reminds me a lot how I liked Yanfei immediately after the teapot quest.

Did the melusines story too so I should be able start work on the bounties/daily commissions etc from t omorrow so that will be a nice change.

How did you build Lynette out of curiosity, some people seeming to be 'screaming' all Elemental Mastery she's Sucrose but to me she looks more ATK/Crit based type build?

Yeah the 'show' with the archon quest was pretty good, whilst I have enjoyed all the stories I have to say this one is pretty memorable because of Furina, not least because I like the voice actress but the whole justice idea too and Navia is definetly a win, she reminds me a lot how I liked Yanfei immediately after the teapot quest.

Did the melusines story too so I should be able start work on the bounties/daily commissions etc from t omorrow so that will be a nice change.
Lynette can be built lots of different ways. Hoyo making her a free character is a big W, just like Collei.

Lynette has sucrose similarities, and functions nicely even at just C0. Extra constellations make her even better. At C6, she can be ran as a main DPS, or at least, a sub DPS while main is on cooldown.

In my planned Lyney double vape team, she will be using EM/EM/EM with an EM weapon, probably freedom sworn since I don’t need the ER boost from Xiphos after all.

As a DPS, she’ll use ATK, Anemo, Crit DMG with my Primordial Jade Cutter.

I'm liking the stories that I've encounter so far. Update goes live Tuesday night for me, so that night, is mainly downloading and unlocking Fontaine. Wednesday and Thursday night, was for the Archon Quest Act I/II. I enjoyed both of them very much, even if I was reading a lot, but it kept my attention all the way through, for both acts. Tonight(Friday) I finally got to really explore, and unlock a majority of the teleports, and really spent time underwater. Found a side quest with this Oceanid looking thing named Ann. Planed on starting it, and finishing it later, but after going though it, I decided that the story and the puzzles, kept me interested. Enjoyed that quest line very much. Tomorrow or Sunday, I'll do Lyney's Story Quest, find the side quests, and explore.

I'll be saving my primos for Furina, but Neuvillette really makes me want to pull for him too. So with the characters we have met so far, I plan on getting are Clorinde, Navia, Furina, Charlotte.

Well I managed to meet my 'objectives' for the first week of the 4.0 Fontaine Update.

Unlocked Daily Commissions for Fontaine plus the Weekly Bounties/Residents Commissions board so Fontaine is already at Level 4 reputation, really want the glider for this region so wanted to get started on this early.

New Daily Commissions give a bit of variety at least, like the fact that they did include some underwater fun stuff such as shooting and blowing up the cannon cans or dealing with Crab population etc, did get a bit one shot with the Weekly Bounties since one of them was using the new area elemental effects so Yoimiya got annihilated a few times but Yelan got her some revenge.

The only thing that I would say feels 'weird' now is having the freedom to not have to 'run' an artefact domain every day so I actually have time on my hands.

To explain I had over 400 artefacts saved up and there were specific sets I planned to reroll into to try and improve my builds.

Those characters who need Emblem of Severed Fate:

Yelan (Completed)
Xiangling (Completed)
Raiden Shogun (Completed)
Xiingqui (Completed)

Tenacity:

Zhongli (Completed)
Kuki Shinobi (Partially Completed)

So I don't really need to farm domains anymore, once we know what will work for Furina I guess I'll start again but it is such a relief to not have to go through the RNG of the domain unless I want to whereas before the boxes it was kinda of d a daily chore to waist time with domains knowing I would probably not get decent pieces!

Also OT but I completed my technical test registration for Honkai Starrail on the PS5 so just have to wait and see if I get access after the registration period closes.

EDIT: Update, well failed to get into the Technical Test on PS5 but no biggie, ngl I kinda disappointed that the usual spambot/trolls/non PS5 players got picked but hopefully Hoyoverse will counter this with a release date announcement.

Last edited:
Sounds like there's some hacked characters like Kaveh, that can delete stuff in peoples worlds when they co-op, and so far makes things permanent, even after deleting and reinstalling Genshin.

Sounds like there's some hacked characters like Kaveh, that can delete stuff in peoples worlds when they co-op, and so far makes things permanent, even after deleting and reinstalling Genshin.

Thank you for the heads up.

I don't do any co-op any more except between my accounts, I do recall seeing that first one where the tree of rewards disaopeared in a co-op domain before as I have a video of that one somewhere in my archives.

Hopefully a fix is deployed soon!

Though I am more a classic RPG player, I was intrigued a bit recently with "Genshin Impact." I've seen a lot of streams of this game before. I am kind of trying to give newer games a chance with my newer PC.

Following on from yesterday's post by @Silent Drifter an official post from Hoyoverse this morning regarding the CN Server incidents.

Though I am more a classic RPG player, I was intrigued a bit recently with "Genshin Impact." I've seen a lot of streams of this game before. I am kind of trying to give newer games a chance with my newer PC.
Welcome to the topic, hopefully you will find the game to be enjoyable, there is quite a lot of content in there and if your new to the gacha/character building stuff just talke things slow at the beginning and focus on building the inital team of free characters you are givien and whilst she may not be so useful in the later game the Noelle you get from the Beginner Wish will be helpful for the healing/shielding of the team at the beginning.

If there are any questions do my bestt to answeer them as I have been a player since Day 1 so have built up quite a bit of game expeience through the years.

Well quite an interesting 4.1 special program, be interesting to see how the changes for the Daily Commissions/Honaki Reputation Points system transpires for the daily stuff.

Interesting changes re the Elemental Tutorials and the Ascension Quests, may have to dust off my American account to test that out at some point in the future.

Banners are of course:

Phase 1: Nuvelette/Hu-Tao and Phase 2 - Writhosley/Venti

As expected they are both Limited 5 Star thus crushing the Standard Banner speculation that's still going about!

Easy skips for me since saving for Furina.

Redemption Codes

1. FB8PFFHT364M​

2. JS96FEZS3P59​

3. 2T86EWGBJP6V​

As ever my real 'excitment' will be the character tease a week on Monday but I am sure we can all guess it already.

So it's time for an announcement from me in that after a long period of unemployment I start a job from 1 November 2023 which you will all note falls just before Furina/Charlotte banner (announced yesterday) so I am going to treat myself to at least a C2 Furina as a reward for landing the job.

Very happy to see Charlotte too so hopefully can nab a few constellations for her!

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

Good to see Navia at long last.

Sorry I have not had much to report, with preparing for the new job and starting Honkai Starrail not had much time for Genshin.

Felt events in 4.1 were a bit lacking but 4.2 looks a lot better.

My primos are ready for Furina, gonna do the wish stream on Sunday at 2pm.

Goals are x2 of her weapon and constellation 2 and hopefully a full constellation Charlotte

Last edited:
If anyone here is as sensitive to spoilers for Archon quests as I am and prefers to experience the story by yourself then I advice you to avoid YouTube until you are done with it, because (as I just found out going to YouTube while waiting for the game to update) people already completed the whole thing and immediately uploaded it there, and those people also really like to put a massive spoiler into a thumbnail and spell it out in the title in all caps.

I was able to finish the Archon Quest, after the servers came back online last night. Took me about 4 hours and 45 minutes to do, so prepare some time if you want to do it in one sitting. Today I finished the story quest. After these two stories, I can say I'm satisfied, and enjoyed all of it. I won't go much farther into it, to keep it spoiler free. Probably do some farming now for Furina and Charlotte, and unlocking teleports, before I start the World Quest sometime this week

I was able to finish the Archon Quest, after the servers came back online last night. Took me about 4 hours and 45 minutes to do, so prepare some time if you want to do it in one sitting. Today I finished the story quest. After these two stories, I can say I'm satisfied, and enjoyed all of it. I won't go much farther into it, to keep it spoiler free. Probably do some farming now for Furina and Charlotte, and unlocking teleports, before I start the World Quest sometime this week
Thanks for the info! Managed to not see any of the Youtube stuff so am gonna be playing/recording the archon quest tonight after I finish my training so I am looking forward to it!

Got Furina on my main account though took another 70 pulls for Charlotte but no 5 star so that means I'll just leave it sat on 70 and see what happens with 50/50 Navia banners.

I thought that spoiler I saw on YouTube was a lot, but little did I know... Just completed the quest and I'm shocked, that was beyond any possible expectations. Ridiculous to think how Genshin Impact is just a waifu gacha game in the mind of a lot of people, with such quality writing. Also. I think I just have to roll for Furina now, after this.

I thought that spoiler I saw on YouTube was a lot, but little did I know... Just completed the quest and I'm shocked, that was beyond any possible expectations. Ridiculous to think how Genshin Impact is just a waifu gacha game in the mind of a lot of people, with such quality writing. Also. I think I just have to roll for Furina now, after this.
I pulled Furina, lost 50/50 but I had enough to get her anyways. But after playing that Archon Quest, I give Furina mad respect, which all the other Archons seem to do, from their Furnia voice lines. But like you said, for a free gacha game. The storyline is just getting better and better with each update, that seems to rival other AAA games. Now I think we just have Dain's Archon Quest line to come out. So I'm wondering how that will all play out.

I pulled Furina, lost 50/50 but I had enough to get her anyways. But after playing that Archon Quest, I give Furina mad respect, which all the other Archons seem to do, from their Furnia voice lines. But like you said, for a free gacha game. The storyline is just getting better and better with each update, that seems to rival other AAA games. Now I think we just have Dain's Archon Quest line to come out. So I'm wondering how that will all play out.
Agree with you both on this, I knew the story was developing nicely and the quality was continuing to keep getting better and better but this was certainly the most interesting archon quest to date and I cannot help but feel a lot of sorrow for Furina for what she has had to endure throughout her life.

Am curious to see how Skirk will play out in the future storylines too as she would definetly be on my shopping list!

I am so glad Furina will be part of my party and now I am definetly going to play her story quest through to learn more about her.

Latest Posts

Back