Go Kart races impossible to win with controller/superior AI

• Thread starter Hazzy997
  • 146 comments
Nope, I golded all the races first time without changing any settings, and I would've done if I was using DS3.

Okay, I'm sorry, all hail GT6 how dare I criticize anything in this game or any aspect I'm wrong you're right you got gold for everything on your first try and you had an enormous amount of fun and it's all like Paradise for you the game is above all you don't like a single aspect about this game too bad we don't want to hear it.

LMFAO! Some of you guys here are unreal.

Kind of made my day - it's soo hilarious :) Keep tryin' - I believe in you!

Laugh all you want but take me one on one with any high speed car and we'll see who's laughing then.

I'm no rookie to this series I'm a hardcore racer and fan just like most people here yet they tend to make it like I came from Forza and and want to poke fun at them.

Why? You're the one calling the game stupid because you can't win at it. I just gave you a quick run through of each circuit for the Redbull karts. Persist, learn and don't give up. These are far from impossible, and far from difficult when you know how.

Okay, I'm sorry, all hail GT6 how dare I criticize anything in this game or any aspect I'm wrong you're right you got gold for everything on your first try and you had an enormous amount of fun and it's all like Paradise for you the game is above all you don't like a single aspect about this game too bad we don't want to hear it.

I never said that... The game is obviously unfinished, but if you spent more time practising than complaining then you might be able to do the event. People complained the game was too easy, so what's wrong with a bit of a challenge?

Just did the Eiger race in the RB Kart series. Hooked the tire in the ditch next to the track in the first lap and got sent back to 12th. Next lap I remembered it and got in 2nd. Adapt and get better ;)

Why? You're the one calling the game stupid because you can't win at it. I just gave you a quick run through of each circuit for the Redbull karts. Persist, learn and don't give up. These are far from impossible, and far from difficult when you know how.

You gave advice which is what I was looking for, I don't think this game is stupid, I went out an bought the second day it came out and have enjoyed it like no other racing game I've ever played before.

I have many things to praise in this game, few things to criticize which cause controversy for no reason.

Some people sympathize with me, some don't, people here don't need to force their views on me.

If they don't agree with what I said give feedback on this thread like most good people have done here instead of ridiculing me and taking things to the heart.

I never said that... The game is obviously unfinished, but if you spent more time practising than complaining then you might be able to do the event. People complained the game was too easy, so what's wrong with a bit of a challenge?

Dude relax, I'm 31% in this game and haven't complained about most things. Only a few things which I come to share about on gtplanet.

So it may appear as if I'm complaining but in reality I'm having lots of fun with a few obstacles here and there.

Laugh all you want but take me one on one with any high speed car and we'll see who's laughing then.

I'm no rookie to this series I'm a hardcore racer and fan just like most people here yet they tend to make it like I came from Forza and and want to poke fun at them.
Because the ''adaptive ai'' you win all of them at the last lap, if you feel like you're not catching them remember this, i've won the last shifter race on gt arena overtaking the first three on the last lap, and not because i'm really good or something. If you're raging, stop and try later.

I use a DS3 but for me the key was braking just enough;
and you can carry more speed than you think through the corners.

The kart races weren't straight forward wins either:tup:

Dude relax, I'm 31% in this game and haven't complained about most things. Only a few things which I come to share about on gtplanet.

So it may appear as if I'm complaining but in reality I'm having lots of fun with a few obstacles here and there.
That's fine then, continue :)

Attempt #12 on gt arena with the shifters and a gt wheel, and best I've gotten so far is 6th place. Lol so don't feel bad as I think it's def a challenge.btw I've been playing since gt1.

In GT5, you could go into a corner at top speed, much faster than everyone else, as long as you were using little to no throttle. Is it the same case here? (Don't have the game)

In GT5, you could go into a corner at top speed, much faster than everyone else, as long as you were using little to no throttle. Is it the same case here? (Don't have the game)

Depends which vehicle you're using, for go karts it was that way for some tracks but this series you need to find a balance with throttle and brake response and almost like coasting at some points.

Has anyone noticed how the AI has superior acceleration and handling in corners almost all laps except for the last half of the last lap they start slowing down a little.

Seriously, i can't win these things it's unfair for controller users these races are impossible to win the AI is flying through the track and make no mistakes they go through corners perfectly.

What an idiotic addition to the game.

You think karts are hard? Go get gold with the X2010 at GoodWood using a DS3

It just takes practice and patience. I have gold on all of the kart races so far, using a DS3.

I was surprised at the ease I completed the Redbull events, golded everyone on the 1st attempt. I find it odd because they are 125's yet the regular championship 125 I am still struggling with! And the only shifter kart event I've completed was Brands Hatch, not even maqnaged to finish the other races! Somethings amiss if the Redbulls were so easy yet the others seem harder.

X2010 at Goodwood is doable. I got gold by almost one and a half seconds.

Kart races are also easily possible to win. Have to change my settings for GT Arena though. Stowe is a cut-through dream, Kart Space I isn't terrible, but the first two corners are key.

I use DS3 and did it at my first attempt... I don't think it's harder than before or than GT5.

ps: I hate Karting in GT. I love the new RB Junior though. :)

Has anyone noticed how the AI has superior acceleration and handling in corners almost all laps except for the last half of the last lap they start slowing down a little.

Seriously, i can't win these things it's unfair for controller users these races are impossible to win the AI is flying through the track and make no mistakes they go through corners perfectly.

I can win them all without any major issues. It's important you handle the karts with care. I had to retry a few times on the Eiger Nordwand and GT Arena in the Red Bull event. And that's because I just wasn't driving well enough. I love the extra competition and would like to see all races as exciting as the kart races!

I use DS3 and did it at my first attempt... I don't think it's harder than before or than GT5.

ps: I hate Karting in GT. I love the new RB Junior though. :)
I don't mind karting, its just the rear brakes which have constantly caused me issues. Once I get full control of it I will probably never worry about racing them again.

I love the kart races. The worst thing about them is how irritating the drone of the engine gets on some of the bigger tracks when you're flat out for ages :P I've lost two so far (2nd both times, the first normal kart race at Autumn Ring Mini, and the Red Bull event in the GT Arena), but won both of those on the second try. I love that you can basically brake on the apex and just fling it in and everything's fine. DS3 btw.

From my experience you can outbrake the AI and corner much faster than them the vast majority of the time. Also it's usually best to ignore the driving line (if you use it) or gear suggestion thingy, most of the time a corner is flat out or just requires a tiny lift, on full size circuits anyway, obviously this isn't the case for the kart tracks.

I love the kart races. The worst thing about them is how irritating the drone of the engine gets on some of the bigger tracks when you're flat out for ages :P I've lost two so far (2nd both times, the first normal kart race at Autumn Ring Mini, and the Red Bull event in the GT Arena), but won both of those on the second try. I love that you can basically brake on the apex and just fling it in and everything's fine. DS3 btw.

From my experience you can outbrake the AI and corner much faster than them the vast majority of the time. Also it's usually best to ignore the driving line (if you use it) or gear suggestion thingy, most of the time a corner is flat out or just requires a tiny lift, on full size circuits anyway, obviously this isn't the case for the kart tracks.
Gear indicator is worse than useless unless you are using the shifter :lol:.

You don't win, so it is unfair and impossible.
That's an interesting logic.

Back