Goodwood 5-3 X10'

• Thread starter BHRxRacer
  • 352 comments

BHRxRacer

(Banned)
Anyone done it yet? It took me 20 mins to get the finish line but when I did it was actually gold by 6 tenths despite it being super conservative. I kept slowing down to avoid touching the barriers. I either turn in late and bang the wall on the outside or turn in too hard and bang the wall on the other side. It's no where near as challenging as GT5's Vettel challenges but so far it's the most fun I had in the game. Everything else felt too easy.

I got the Citroen GT I was hoping they'd give me an X10 or something. How do we unlock the new X14?

The x2011 Goodwood challenge is very easy. I crashed and had to restart several times but when I crossed the line the first time, I got gold by 2 seconds !
It is very different from the Vettel challenges in GT5.

It is the same thing for licenses: Very easy compared to previous Gran Turismo games.

It is a bit sad. Struggling to get gold licenses was part of the discovery process of previous games.

Anyone done it yet? It took me 20 mins to get the finish line but when I did it was actually gold by 6 tenths despite it being super conservative. I kept slowing down to avoid touching the barriers. I either turn in late and bang the wall on the outside or turn in too hard and bang the wall on the other side. It's no where near as challenging as GT5's Vettel challenges but so far it's the most fun I had in the game. Everything else felt too easy.

Done and done. I can understand that it might be hard with a DS3, I did it with my wheel. If you are on a DS3, do as you said, be conservative. Mabye do as I did for the X2011 in Gt5, and throw the controller sensitivity up to 6, since the stick will react much more direct than normal.

The x2011 Goodwood challenge is very easy. I crashed and had to restart several times but when I crossed the line the first time, I got gold by 2 seconds !
It is very different from the Vettel challenges in GT5.

It is the same thing for licenses: Very easy compared to previous Gran Turismo games.

It is a bit sad. Struggling to get gold licenses was part of the discovery process of previous games.
Yeah you can't learn if the times are this easy but having to adjust your driving to the X10 is still quite fun. You went through what I went through!
Done and done. I can understand that it might be hard with a DS3, I did it with my wheel. If you are on a DS3, do as you said, be conservative. Mabye do as I did for the X2011 in Gt5, and throw the controller sensitivity up to 6, since the stick will react much more direct than normal.
The time isn't hard. The hard part is being patient enough to adjust your turn-in point and correcting the steering so that you don't touch the barrier and get disqualified. I have a bad temper so if it takes me more than 3 tries I start driving stubbornly.
Nah if anything the sensitivity needs to go down the car's too snappy on the limit. How did you do it in GT5 with 6?

With a wheel it's very easy, can't imagine doing it with a controller
I have a DFGT that I only used for F1 2012 and one of the videos I posted but my wrist is sprained and after I played the other day it felt worse. I'll stick to controller, it needs so much less effort.
31.577 so far with pad and still trying...
5-3 is ridiculous with DS3. And PD can 🤬 themselves for doing such a thing. Goodwood and X2010...
Lord March, did you know that?
You improved by a second already. If you're really struggling send me your replay and I'll try to help. I forgot to save my replay and cbf to try again even though I think I can get 2-3 seconds through the barriers. Last one should be flat ffs..

I'm glad it's easier than the 3 vettel challages with DS3 though. I have all gold except 2 vettel's on GT5. annoyed is an understatement! Just 2 gold from a plat. So close. Anyway I did 5-3 with few retries and got a 29.509. So doing that with a DS3 is medium-ish difficulty compared to Vettel challages. Very doable. Just brake before turning. Silly choice of car though... Would rather a classic Le Mans or f1.

I Really enjoyed the goodwood challages, you can feel some reality/festive in them. Hope some more goodwood routes. :)

[quote="BHRxRacer, post: 9040203, member: 221130"

Nah if anything the sensitivity needs to go down the car's too snappy on the limit. How did you do it in GT5 with 6?
[/quote]

I found it much easier to drive fast with a high sensitivity, since then the car will go lock to lock much quicker, and with esses and other fast, sharp corners, that would help me turn in and out faster.

I got silver with a DS3, about a second off I think. Could have golded it but was really fed up with the amount of restarts I had so I gave up. Not too bothered as the prize car is rank anyways...

Would I be in the right place to say that I golded it first time? :D
First time you cross the line or first time first time? You must've driven conservatively from your first lap then because pushing from the first run in such a narrow a course should be a handful. Great job regardless :) What's your time?

[quote="BHRxRacer, post: 9040203, member: 221130"

I found it much easier to drive fast with a high sensitivity, since then the car will go lock to lock much quicker, and with esses and other fast, sharp corners, that would help me turn in and out faster.[/quote]
Correcting the steering at such high sensitivity will be too chaotic for me.

I JUST this second did it with DS3 and I got gold.

lB7S48N.jpg

And what was the prize?
e1NezBx.jpg

Makes sense... :banghead:

First time you cross the line or first time first time? You must've driven conservatively from your first lap then because pushing from the first run in such a narrow a course should be a handful. Great job regardless :) What's your time?
First time as in first time. ;) I pulled over some skills I learned from the X2010 Challenge in GT5, such as setting the steering sensitivity to 4 and keeping TC on. My time was a 0:30.5xx with a DS3.

I like the crackle of the RB exhaust. I think I might drive one once in a while in Arcade Mode only or a time trial.

Took me a few tries but it isn't very hard. Think I only needed around 5 minutes, already got it the 1st time I actually reached the finish line by around 2 seconds. I also golded all the challenges in GT5 though so that probably helped.

The new sound it has is amazing! First time I actually had to turn the volume down on a GT game. Got pretty loud. :P It was pretty fun though on such a narrow track. But my favorite car of these Goodwood challenges is still the SLS GT3.

DS3 - gold on 3rd try. And thank goodness for that - that thing sounded awful - not like GT5 version. Maybe they will fix the fuse for the fan in the next update:lol:

God it was awful and I was using controller. It took me an hour and a half just to do with it and did it with 0.3 to spare

Out of curiosity, how many of you did this challenge with X for gas and Square for brake?

Back