• Thread starter Famine
  • 38 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
I am on vacation in Austria at the moment (awesome scenery) and a great fan of the Eiger rally tracks.
Bring it on!!

20230810_165033.jpg

It's not detective work imo. If they are there with modern lenses, it's about to become something for the game. Maybe GT8?

Eiger is so good. I loved it back then in the GTHD days, I know it's far fetched but a GTHD version would be cooler than the GT5(still amazing) track

These helicopter rides the PD team takes always look like a dream activity, imagine flying to all these places not to mention allnthe Scapes locations

Last edited:
If it turns out to be a new track, I really hope it's something with a feeling more towards Grindelwald from GT2, as I believe they're technically in the same location and consequently they would use a similar landscape. Comparing the layouts, Grindelwald is way more welcoming and interesting for a typical race than Eiger Nordwand, plus, the sensation of seeing a track (or at least the concept of a track) returning straight from the PS1 era would be priceless.

Would be a dream come true if the Eiger tracks returned to GT7. The Short Track was always one of my favourites to run back in GT6. Short and sweet, variety of corners, great elevation changes, breathtaking scenery, and who could forget that trek of a pit lane?

If any of the configurations return to GT7, it'd add some much needed variety to the extremely stale and sterile track list in GT7 IMO.

If it turns out to be a new track, I really hope it's something with a feeling more towards Grindelwald from GT2, as I believe they're technically in the same location and consequently they would use a similar landscape. Comparing the layouts, Grindelwald is way more welcoming and interesting for a typical race than Eiger Nordwand, plus, the sensation of seeing a track (or at least the concept of a track) returning straight from the PS1 era would be priceless.
If they bring back Grindelwald they need to bring back the license test with the lotus Europa from gt2. It's the only time I've ever broken a controller out of frustration.

Simply my favorite place on Earth. Thanks to Gran Turismo. ;)
I've been exploring this region - virtually, of course - ever since I discovered this region in the game. So I'm going to make a small correction regarding the text.
The correct sequence is: Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.

RTEmagicC_BEO.jpg

Last edited:
I love this track!! ...It's also one of my most feared ones. I've always been afraid of huge moutains. The Jungfrau part of it terrified me in the GT5/GT6 era. I once tried in mostly rainy weather... you can guess I ran away from the race!:nervous:

Edit: Just a little notice, I got vertigo problems at times when it's about real-location, really big mountains being in a video game which means, well... I got fear problems.

Last edited:
I hope the violent jump won’t make a return in case the track comes back.
I thought the same thing. If not completely eliminated, at least smoothed. (I know a real track in Germany that have some jumps...lol).

If this location returns, I’m buying a handbrake for my rig!

On the other side of the coin, I hope they completely re-do the short course and/or add a proper road course. I think it would just feel too arcade-y this day in age

There's a bunch of roads shown at 41:00 minutes mark that I don't recognise as any track from previous GT series. Maybe a new track in addition to Eiger?

Yes please! My only concern is, seeing how much they changed all the classic tracks (Trial Mt, Deep Forest, GVS), a similarly drastic change in scenery and layout would make the new Grindelwald lose all its original charm. Eiger is not as flowing but being a newer track there's a bigger chance they would keep the layout intact.

Someone made a mod of Grindelwald in AC and this to me is a perfect amount of change if a PS1 track is brought back to life to present day. Modernised but still keeps the layout and flow of original intact.

Last edited:
Back