Gran Turismo 6 - Running at 60 FPS on YouTube

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 31 comments
United Kingdom
London, UK
Shirrako
Some of you may not be aware that YouTube launched 60 FPS support (frames per second)

All videos are now capable of being 60 FPS on Youtube.

Gran Turismo 6 runs at 60 FPS so the game looks great on YouTube with the use of a good capture device, let's hope GT7 runs at 60 FPS too.

Here is a video using the Lotus 97T around Nurburgring at 60 FPS (Internet explorer or Chrome should be used for 60 FPS)

Up to 60fps. It can and does drop significantly below that when there is more action on the screen.
Yes they do, but actually it's pretty constant in ideal conditions, no rain, no lots of other cars.. And the drops never get less than 40fps, or very rarely.

It's a shame that my laptop is incapable of rendering a 720P video at 60 fps. It does its best, it just isn't much... I can't watch normal 1080P videos either. I can watch normal 720P video's though. Well, after a good time of buffering, it is able to show the video quite smoothish, when pushing the CPU load to 100%. Luckily my PS3 (and even my phone) is able to perform a little better graphically spoken.

On topic:
It is absolutely astonishing that GT6 is so well optimized that is able to push the PS3 to 60 fps with the graphics standard it offers. Well, at 1080P it is not solid 60 fps. Especially on big tracks like Sierra there are occasional framedrops but, really they are not too bad. It never goes beneath 30 fps and most of the time, the frame rate is around 50 fps, so that's totally acceptable.

Last edited:
The video you record had to be 60 and I'm pretty sure you have to reupload it, because it needs to re-encode it at 60fps.

Well that's a bummer assuming you're correct which I think you must be. There's no way I'm re-uploading vids as I tend to delete after uploading anyway to keep space free on laptop.

How I remember at GT6 replay runs always 30fps, only actual gameplay runs near 60 fps.
Just pointing at those are 30 fps videos with double framing to 60 fps.. :)

Wow, it looks very nice on my Lumia 925.
The IE11 browser on my lumia supports the 720/60 mode in the desktop website setting. It looks very smooth!

How I remember at GT6 replay runs always 30fps, only actual gameplay runs near 60 fps.
Just pointing at those are 30 fps videos with double framing to 60 fps.. :)
No.
Since an update many months ago, replays are also 60fps.

Internet Explorer? Really??

internet-explorer-bad-time_o_599390.jpg

Just uploaded a video on my end:

Doesn't look 60 FPS on Chrome or IE11 (on either of my laptops), but plays just fine on my Windows Media Player and this is a unedited video that was recorded in 60 FPS.

Tell me if it looks like its at 60 FPS

Last edited:

Doesn't look 60 FPS on Chrome or IE11 (on either of my laptops), but plays just fine on my Windows Media Player and this is a unedited video that was recorded in 60 FPS.

Tried at 1080p60fps, it's glitchy the frames freeze but at least is a start.
And looks wonderful tho.

Shame videos that you've uploaded in the past aren't automatically converted, I've captured and uploaded most of my videos at 60fps.

I do find that the footage from my capture card is also much, much smoother than it is compared to playing or watching a replay on the PS3, I figure that's down to the capture card having zero frame drops or frame pacing issues which helps to butter over the game's frame drops?

Finally Youtube have caught up with modern times a little, but where's meh Firefox support?

1080p60fps doesn't exist in GT6. Maybe you made a bad encoding?

Huh? It does on my GT6. I mean not a perfect 60fps all the time of course but in time trial with the weather set to dry and not changing and just me alone on the track - it's 60fps much of the time. Nurby is buttery...

Looks like it should on my MacBook, 1080p @ 60fps on Safari. 👍

1080p60fps doesn't exist in GT6. Maybe you made a bad encoding?

I wasn't talking about GT6, I meant with the Youtube Video.

Also appears I can only alter between the framerate settings on Chrome and not Internet Explorer. At least the case on my old Acer.

Glad to hear everyone else is seeing it, just bummed that I can't.

Back